Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT Owners, Any problems with the car yet?

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
@GregP27 and @Elp_jc

I tried looking for a thread too with pads but didn't find anything useful.
However one thing is safe to say... Ceramic brakes! It produces little to no dust and when there finally is dust it is easy to clean.

I don't know about brands and this also depends how you drive your car, but for high performance it seems like the Hawk pads are pretty good but a bit pricey.
If you're using the car as a daily driver and just once in a while pushing it, it seems like you're all good with the StopTech pads - which also is available at around half the price of the Hawk pads.

I'll go for the StopTech ones from Steeda when I get my car in a couple of month
Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a 2018 and it's been flawless. 11,000 miles and no ticks, rattles, squeaks, or leaks. Drives straight and true and runs seamlessly.

I gapped a 2018 Camaro SS starting at 80 mph. Very happy with mine.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
Hi RasJeremy,

I like Hawk pads, but they make dust. Ceramics don't tend to make a lot of dust, but also sometimes don't stop as hard with stock rotors ... depends on the pads and rotors. It's a choice. I tend to go with Hawks or something similar (Akebonos or StopTechs) and, if I need discs, I go with slotted but never drilled. In my experience, if you put drilled rotors on and you ever go to a road course, you'll crack the rotors within 3 - 5 laps from heat, sometimes with exciting results. I went though the infield at Portland Int'l Raceway some years back when my stock Camaro SS brakes and DOT 3 fluid boiled and had zero stopping power at the chicane. 140 mph through the grass was interesting. No more issue when I went to DOT 5 fluid.

Actually, my 2019 GT is a PP1 and the stock Brembos are VERY good with respect to most stock brakes, so there is nothing whatsoever wrong stock pads. Still, I will upgrade when they are due.

Cheers.

Sponsored

leviathan21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I have a 2020 Mustang GT PP1 Fully Loaded with MagneRide.

Sad to say, I regret buying the car...

Backup Camera wouldn't work: On Day 1 I got home, and the stupid backup camera was chopping then went to a blue screen with a contact dealer message.. Nice on a 12 mile car right?. (Took over a month and a half to get the Backup Camera fixed.. it was on back-order, of which I have no doubt!)

Rattles and Buzzing from literally everywhere: Drivers side A-Pillar rattles, Headliner buzzes above driver side, Rear Pillars crash and rattles over minor bumps, etc. There are so many rattles that it's almost difficult to explain them all to the Ford Tech. I literally said "drive it, the entire thing rattles like a tin can". Of course they said they drove it and "They didn't hear anything"... Would be nice to get a non deaf Tech that drove it further than half a mile around the dealership lot. (I didn't have the strength left that day to fight them, I just wanted to go home)

Transmission (6-spd Manual): The damn thing Clunks into gear every-time!!!! It shifts fine, and seems okay otherwise, but seriously? Clunking into first gear from a stop every-time? WTF is this? Chinese Junk.. 50k for a car, and they sell you this junk? This is your bread and butter car, can you not cheap out on it?

Engine Ticking: I took my car in at 1,500 miles to get the Backup Camera replaced, and as long as I was there I had them change the oil early. Now my engine makes the ticking noise almost all the time. (I heard the engine ticking before the service though, but after the service its much more noticeable)

It's a random ticking/clicking noise, it sounds like metal cracking after a heat cycle (you know the noise a car makes after you turn it off and it ticks and cracks because the metal is contracting) except the engine is on and running while making this ticking noise.

My Exhaust even ticks and cracks when the engine is running (same as when you turn it off, like the metal is always cracking/ticking back there) as well as the underside of the engine bay. You can sit next to the front wheel and listen and it cracks and pops randomly for under the engine.

I let my buddy listen to it, without even telling him what to listen for.. I just said tell me if this sounds wrong to you. Started it up, and he's like.. wtf is that metallic clicking noise?

How hard is it to make a V8 engine not have a problem like this in 2020? (How can Ford NOT KNOW what this is, or what's causing it?)

The MagenRide isn't worth it IMO: I had a 2016 Corvette and the MagneRide was AMAZING! It would feel like a 1970's Cadillac in tour mode, and a Race Car suspension in Track Mode.

The Mustang? I seriously can't tell a difference at all.. I've gone back and fourth on seriously rough roads (I live in the Sacramento area of California) and it makes ZERO difference to the ride in any mode.

The ride is just as stiff in each mode, its not a bad ride it just doesn't change. (Yes the suspension icon/text changes in the gauge cluster, yes I've checked the shocks, they are MagneRide). I had the dealer look at it, and they said.. "well its not throwing any codes, so it must be working".

Conclusion:

I'm not one to complain about a Car like this, but the damn thing has less than 2k miles on it and It's already having so many issues it's really frustrating.

It's a great looking Car inside and out (and before the engine tick, the exhaust note was second to none!), but the car has serious build quality issues... Ford should be ashamed of themselves for selling this PoS as their Halo car...

I love the digital gauge cluster, I love the overall look and feel, but they just cut too many corners to save a buck or two at the cost of build quality and longevity, and from my point of view, customer loyalty!

Sucks, what can I say? (Hopefully I'm in the minority, because I used to love ford and have owned many over the years.. Sadly this is probably my last one)

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I hear you on your frustration. We shouldn't have to put up with crap like that indeed. And you forgot to mention the 2K rattle (ha ha), which is the most annoying to me so far. Seems like you got most of the common issues with this car. In my case, I owned a 2018 F-150 Platinum I bought new, so the shock of Ford's build quality was forgotten already. And even when I had to sell it so I didn't have to deal with a cam phaser repair that requires to literally remove the cab from the chassis (or dismantle half the truck), I traded it for the Bullitt. You might say I'm some kind of masochist (ha ha), but let me explain my rationale. I knew the Coyote could have abnormal oil consumption, but it was much less likely than on a truck. The tranny is not the best (that would be the Graziano), but a lot better than the ratings suggest, especially when no driven like a maniac, which is my case. I also knew of the 'tick' (which is my main concern, and hope to avoid), and of the 2K rattle, which is more annoying than I anticipated. I've quieted several rattles, but when hitting pot holes, I hear noises from everywhere, so I'm bracing for more rattles to become more sporadic, unfortunately. But for me, my days of Porsches, GTRs, houses with my own 4-car garage are over, thanks to a stupid rare cancer that hasn't left me alone for 6 years now, I can't afford any of that anymore. Well, I could, but want to leave my wife and daughters set, since I might not have that much time left on this COVID-infested earth (ha ha), so I had to 'settle' for a Mustang. But once I test-drove a Bullitt, I actually liked it better than most of the other nice cars I've owned over the decades (58 here), which have been quite a few. So even though the Mustang is far from perfect, and much worse in build quality than what I was used to (quite anal here too), I'm enjoying driving it quite a bit. One of the last relatively analog sporty car you could own now with a DOHC V8, NA, manual tranny, manual parking brake, a Torsen, and RWD. So I'm being a lot more tolerant than I expected with this car :D. Just hope it doesn't get as bad as yours, since I'm only at 890 or so miles. But so far, I can live with what Ford has thrown at me, but I'd obviously prefer to at least not have any mechanical issues. At this point, I'd settle not to have the stupid tick; THAT would be really disappointing. There's a potential cure for the embarrassing tick that I hope I'm not forced to consider, since it's crap you have to pour on your oil (Ceratec), and I don't want that (and neither does Ford), but it reportedly does get rid of it. Good luck man, and hope you find a way to live with your car, after considering there's basically nothing comparable to it. But if not, just get rid of it; not worth living with something you despise :).

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, BMW 545i, Mercedes E550, Mercedes E320, Kia Sorento V6
Both center vents and the gauges were squeaking/rattling on my car, but it sounded like it was coming from the mirror, or my V1. Fixed them when I installed the GT350 gauge pod. In addition, the right side of the aluminum-looking edge around the digital dash was rattling too. Inserted a piece of folded electrical tape and that did the trick. I can't stand rattles either, so hope that's it for a while. Car only has 800+ miles. Should have been quiet for a while, but nope :). Just hope it doesn't turn into a rattle snake later on. Ha ha.
Where did you insert the electric tape. I think I have a similar rattle.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Where the chrome trim piece around the gauges ends on the right side. It was rattling. Try to move it on both sides. On the left side it was solid. On the right one it was loose, for some reason. So used a jeweler's screwdriver to drive it in. is yours loose too? That fix should solve it too. Let me know if it worked.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I have an interior rattle that took me forever to pinpoint and wasn't even consistent. Turned out to be a plug underneath the passenger side seat. If the seat was in a certain position then the plug would rattle against it. Slide the seat forward and the rattle is gone. Just some food for thought if there's any you're having trouble locating.
Do you have any pic of this plug you're referring to ?

Thanks

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Had my just under a year now. Only issues are a rattle in the driver side back seat rear panel on the inside. It only rattles on certain roads though.
I had to replace the brake booster check valve due to it being defective. Brake pedal would randomly be hard when starting it. Rather than waste my time at the dealer I just replaced it myself for $10.
Paint can easily scratch as thin as it is.
I had to reset the adaptive learing for the auto tranny due to rough shifts.

No major issues though. Just small stuff. No unusual ticks. Overall I'm happy.

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Damn, talk about “Have you driven a Ford lately. Just picked up a 19 with 15k.
Can’t believe the 5.0 is not as bulletproof as before with all the “tick” bs, ticks me off pun intended.
Currently at Ford for minor issues with the drop top and some minor humming sound like a hub bearing...
Fun times at Ford.

Last edited:

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Get it sorted and you'll have a lot of fun driving it.

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Just got my pony back from the dealer, fixed the quarter glass on the drop top works great now!

Supposedly the front humming sound is due to cupping from the front tires.... thoughts guys?

it’s got 20k with oem tires, is this typical or could it be out of alignment. The dealer just stated I need new tires, didn’t seem to concerned with alignment or any other suspension related issues.

BlackMambaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gord
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
My biggest surprise/disappointment with my 2019 GT is the handling. This is a GT sports car with 460 HP. I shouldn't have to buy a kit to stop the IRS from moving around under hard acceleration. Also, the base GT suspension is way too soft for a car with this much power. Yes, I can upgrade springs, shocks and sway bars, but again I shouldn't have to do this to a new car.
Sponsored