Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT Owners, Any problems with the car yet?

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
I have owned 5 Mustangs. My last was a 15 GT. I have been in an 18 Camaro SS for the last year. With less than 6K on the car, it has already been in the shop for the dreaded torque converter shudder as well as a groaning coming from the rear diff. I have been looking at new GT's considering coming back home to a Stang. What scared me away from the 18's was all the complaints of engine noise. I test drove a 19 GT manual with the PP1 yesterday and really liked it. It sounded great, no ticks or rattles that I heard. Those of you that have the 19's, has the engine noise problems gotten better with the 19's? Is the shift fork issue still a potential problem on the 19's? How about any other problems with the car? If I trade again this soon, I don't want to trade one problem car for another. The Camaro isn't looking like it is going to be reliable at all. If there is already a thread on 19 GT reliability somewhere, I apologize. I did search and didn't see anything. Any comments on the 19's would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
14k miles on my 19 already. Purchased in November last year. It's been tuned for over half that time. Since tune I have noticed the 2k rattle. Never noticed it before that but cant say I was looking either. Mostly when car is cold and I'm driving slower. Not noticable once warmed up and on the gas. I've asked my wife if she can hear it and explained what to listen for but she hasn't noticed it. Car runs and drives great. No issues except 2k rattle very occasionally. I drive 60/40 freeway/ city. 80-85mph on the freeway and 0-60 as fast as I can in the city all day every day. Car seems to love the abuse.

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
I traded my 15 GT for a 19 it has 2400 miles no issues and if there is any ticking or engine noise I can’t here it anyways with the Roush exhaust and X pipe on the car.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It sounded great, no ticks or rattles that I heard.
Mine neither. Go to the dealer around 500 miles and have them put in the 5w30 oil. They won't so much as bat an eye.
Is the shift fork issue still a potential problem on the 19's?
I don't believe so. But if you're a real brute on the shifter, then I'm sure it's possible to break something.

The Camaro isn't looking like it is going to be reliable at all.
My 1LE is stick, naturally but I also have no miles on it yet. The SS clutch is particularly annoying vs the Mustang.

Page thru a dozen pages of threads and you can read up on owner observations.
BTW, as someone who owns a '19 GT+PP, EB+PP, and '19 SS+1LE either go the whole way and get the GT+PP2, or get a GT+301A and then upgrade the brakes to the 6-pots, and suspension to Steeda adjustable or Ford Performance Track. Way better car for a fraction of the price. If flogging it at road-course you can have the PP radiator and oil cooler installed after the fact and still be a fat wad ahead.

Having flashed the ECU on all the motors (Unleashed Tuning) it's a must-do in my book. Even if you don't get so much as 1HP, it's the driveability improvements that are worth it.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
14k miles on my 19 already. Purchased in November last year. It's been tuned for over half that time. Since tune I have noticed the 2k rattle. Never noticed it before that but cant say I was looking either. Mostly when car is cold and I'm driving slower. Not noticable once warmed up and on the gas. I've asked my wife if she can hear it and explained what to listen for but she hasn't noticed it. Car runs and drives great. No issues except 2k rattle very occasionally. I drive 60/40 freeway/ city. 80-85mph on the freeway and 0-60 as fast as I can in the city all day every day. Car seems to love the abuse.
Just under a 1000 miles on mine and I hear the rattle at low speeds as the car goes between say 2500-3000 RPM or perhaps a wee bit higher. Same here the car runs great and I'm really happy with it. I dont like the sound given so many reports on it. No tick though. But going harder on it sounds great. Its only slow driving and going easy that I can hear it.

I'm not flushing the oil out too soon on it will likely change at around 3000. And its got a warranty if there is a legit issue. I think its fine in truth and maybe these are noisier buggers by nature. I'm not tuning or doing any mods on this car so the warranty is secure. I tuned my 2013 Camaro SS before it because it had the shitty GM AFM on it. I also think some of us (me) are more sensitive to car noises than others. I love the A10 in it thats for sure. Roll on......

Sponsored

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS, Ford Explorer
Car received October, has 2,500 miles. Easy entry rarely works. The seat always moves back but almost never moves back to driving position when started. Sync system keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to my phone.

gnatsuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Early 2019 build (received July 2018), over 8500 miles, no perf mods, no issues *knocks on head*, not even during the cold winter mths.

OP
OP
Mgsouthwest2001

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
To those who are sharing info on the 19’s, thank you. I appreciate it. Now Fatguy. Thanks for the concern buddy. But, I am not in my 20’s, I already live in a house and not with my parents, I have a Masters Degree, I work for a living every week and I can afford to trade cars when I want. So stop worrying about me and just worry about running your own life.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I have only had mine for just over 3 weeks, but it did get the Roush supercharge pack added as soon as it came off the boat. Zero issues so far, oil was changed by TickFord for the SC addition so it oly had 20km on the clock from the Ford Factory then the SC was added and oil changed to 5w50 and its a beautiful thing!

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
To the OP:

I know you are asking about the 2019's. I have a 2018 GT/A10 Premium with just under 5K miles. I am extremely happy with my 2018. On a different note, when issues pop up with any vehicle, there is a relatively small vocal group that overshadows the many cars that have no issues. Look and you will see the same people posting an issue over and over.

I see this in my business as well (not automotive related). The GM trans issue is widespread as you accurately pointed out, and the GM solution is to kick the can down the road.

If you can swing the Mustang, I would say go for it.

Lastly, I know the Camaro has more low end torque compared to the 5.0 Mustang, but I know first hand the Mustang will pull the Camaro in the 1/4 mile and beyond.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
The visibility has never bothered me. The car has blind spot detection so that helps. The concern with Camaro owners, myself included primarily lies with what GM is doing to fix the issues my car has had. Their solution for both the torque converter shudder and the rear end groan is to change out the fluid in both the transmission and the rear diff. When the car develops the shudder it feels like it is going over rumble strips in the road. It is a vibration you can feel and so its not something that could be easily ignored. They tried fluid changes for the shudder before and the problem came back for many owners. They tried changing out the torque converter itself and the problem still came back for many. Now, they have come out with a new formulation of fluid earlier this year and are saying that will fix the issue. My car has had that newest fluid change and so far so good on the shudder. But we are already hearing reports that the new fluid is not permanently fixing the problem either. Others have had the diff fluid changed only have the groan come back as well. For what it's worth, the shudder issue is not just with Camaro. It is across the board and is affecting GM trucks, Corvettes, Caddys etc.. It looks like the problem is with the torque converter design itself. Some have gone with an aftermarket converter and fixed the problem for good. But that is expensive and I flat out refuse to buy a car with a warranty and then have to fix it myself. So, in the end the car just has some big reliability red flags and it looks like GM has no sure fix yet. That is why I have been thinking of getting out and going back to a mustang. But, I appreciate the advice on the Mustang. I have heard about the engine noises and that is why I posted this thread. I am just thinking about it and trying to figure out if trading back into a mustang would be a good move or would be an out of the frying pan and into the fire move. Its not that I don't like the Camaro. I have really enjoyed the car when it has not had the problems.
Yeah the A8 is a disaster across the whole line. You could wait and see what happens for a bit and decide from there. FWIW my 2013 Camaro SS had a weird vibe on hard acceleration for several years. They jerked me through the warranty (cannot reproduce) and then discovered there was a vibe after the PT warranty ran out. And then told me not to worry about it LOL. I was starting to try to find someone who could diagnose and fix the car but I really had just gotten to hate it and had had enough. So I said eff it and got rid of it. I wasn't prepared to put a whole bunch of money into it & the relationship with the car had just soured too much. So it went bye bye.

This GT is a bada$$ car & I'm hoping its a good one because I love the cars personality.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have about 2k on mine and no issues. If you want one and can afford it, go for it!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'm hardly qualified to say much with barely over 600km into this car but I have no concerns at all at this point. The manual transmission is a little "notchy" when cold and just fine when warmed up. I hear a fluid change and a transmission shifter mount make all the difference in the world.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It's either a true sign of Mustang love to sit in a cold car for 5-10 mins to warm it up or pure lunacy
Huh, I thought that's what everybody did.
My car doesn't move an inch till the head temp is at least 130F and the oil it half-way up the white. And then I drive it nice and gentle till the oil is in the green - which actually doesn't take that long once rolling. We get -20F here in NoVA but that's probably T-shirt weather for you true northerners.

I used to ride my air-cooled motorcycles in Chicago winters. Even the kick-start-only 450cc thumper. Now there was an exercise to get the ol' blood flowing.

I don't discount the reports of questionable engine noise from the Coyote engine - improper shimming and run-out tolerances are real things - but I suspect some degree of "abuse" is being dished out and using that idiotic, thin oil is probably not helping.

Owner actions won't do diddly if the factory has problems in design or inconsistent execution. Neither of GM/Ford are known for world-class manufacturing. The SS+1LE at least is noticeably more capable/handling car than the GT+PP. But it's trunk is beyond retarded and the utter lack of any storage for sun glasses, phones, and no easy access to USB and such is just mind-boggling. The GT engine sounds better overall though get the SS wound up and it has it's own spine-tingling song. Ford does human-factors much better than GM at least when narrowly discussing these two cars. Something as silly as slamming the SS door shut and it sounds hollow, fragile and econobox cheap. The GT has a nice, solid thump of (imagined?) substance. Then again the GT is quit the porker compared to the SS, which itself could stand a healthy diet.

I drove an Audi RS5 (v8) for a few hours and it puts both American cars to abject shame. But an extra 20 large had better come with some good reasons attached.
Sponsored

Last edited: