Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT Owners, Any problems with the car yet?

jkulysses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Only issues with my 2019 gt premium is the interior rattles! Sometimes they drive me insane. I've been working on trying to quiet them down by cramming felt in between panels. Felt, business cards, junk mail whatever I can find to fit in between panels & shut them up lol.
Sponsored

Telvis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’ve had my 19 GT for just over a year now. I had the Roush supercharger installed at about 2500 miles. Just got the Stage 2 upgrade about 500 miles ago. I just hit 10k miles with absolutely no issues at all.

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
passenger door window makes a slight clicking noise when lowering it, passenger door mirror occasionally tries to over adjust making a loud clicking when opening the drivers door or when remote starting either with ford pass or key fob, rear seat cushion, not the 2 rear fold down backs, would not stay locked down due to a warped plastic? frame, rear rear lid fascia cracked at the GT letters, still getting loud cracks/pops from rear headliner area when car sits in the sun for a while, paint on car so thin you can't measure it and it chips if you stare at it too long, ;], rear view mirror sometimes vibrates a bit so you think your eyesight is failing, I am sure I am forgetting some other "quirks" . BUT for some reason every time I drive it I can't help but smile and push the go peddle a bit harder.

GT5.0Fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
BMW
passenger door window makes a slight clicking noise when lowering it, passenger door mirror occasionally tries to over adjust making a loud clicking when opening the drivers door or when remote starting either with ford pass or key fob, rear seat cushion, not the 2 rear fold down backs, would not stay locked down due to a warped plastic? frame, rear rear lid fascia cracked at the GT letters, still getting loud cracks/pops from rear headliner area when car sits in the sun for a while, paint on car so thin you can't measure it and it chips if you stare at it too long, ;], rear view mirror sometimes vibrates a bit so you think your eyesight is failing, I am sure I am forgetting some other "quirks" . BUT for some reason every time I drive it I can't help but smile and push the go peddle a bit harder.
I always wondered why it is so difficult for Ford and Chevrolet to give their Mustangs and Camaro a little more room,headroom and better visibility on the inside to make the interior a little more enjoyable. Their cars are so big on the outside but yet so small ok then inside as if they were made for 16 year old Japanese kids to drive. It seems like over the years spaces and visibility got worse every time a new model year was introduced. The outline looks great and the performance is great but move from either a must and or Camaro into a Honda Civic and sit in the driver’s seat and the roominess and visibility is literally day and night difference. This is rather surprising that one is Japanese and one is American. One would figure that the opposite would be true. Another great example of who makes great use out of interior space and visibility is the Porsche 991/911 with lots of headroom,legroom and amazing visibility all the way around all while the car looks small and is not all that huge on inside but the people who designed the interiors really got their brains together. Hopefully when the next generation comes out they can iron all these defects in design out. For a start seats don’t need to sit so high when probably most American drivers are near 6 feet tall or taller. Windows don’t need to be so small with so many blind spots (Camaro in particular as the Mustang is a bit better but has plenty of room for improvement). Dashboard and front engine hood also don’t need to sit so high either where one struggles to see over the engine and it’s corners. The worst of them is probably the Dodge Charger for that followed by Camaro and then Mustang. Hopefully Ford reads this post and fixes these design flaws.

Sponsored

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I agree the car is rather large on the outside but I have no gripes about the interior of my 2019 GT/CS. While I'm not as tall, my 6 ft wife has no issues driving or riding in my car with plenty of space. I will admit a Civic Si is fun and very roomy but in the driver's seat of my Mustang, it all comes together nicely.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Might need to have either that seat looked at, or your butt calibrated; the few times I've had my seat cooling on it started freezing my ass.
you could be wearing shorts or a sundress but in my jeans or dress pants it’s not overly noticable. Funny too my last car I never cut the cooled seats On this car it’s almost every drive. And the problem I have is unless the a/c or hvac controls are on then the cooled seats don’t work anyways...

My 19 GT has been fine. I enjoy it. I really like it, but there are a few things that are bothersome.

- 2000 rpm rattle, which is probably DI: whatever
- Tick/knock at low rpms: goes away with Ceratec
- interior rattles since 7 miles: disappointing but no surprise
- this is the big one now...have a mild vibration at ~100mph and dealer won’t touch it because they don’t want to drive it that fast even though there is unrestricted autobahn like 4 minutes from the dealer: I feel like this will never get fixed unless I do it myself
- brakes already pulsate at 9000 miles: I do drive pretty fast so it’s no surprise, but disappointing
- paint is trash: hood probably needs a repaint from 6 months of 120mph stone chips
have that thing going on the autobahn huh?

Other than what the dealer broke , the rattles and engine tick are massively annoying in a car with under 8k miles

My touchscreen has become finicky recently

Some weird creaking from the steering

Did I mention the rattles?
dealer fix what they broke?

—> The biggest disappointment with my 2019 which has 3100 miles on it and is about 4 months old is the poor paint and build quality. The car performance and engine aspects seem overall ok.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
4500 miles and got it back in March.

Sync was kind of wonky the first few weeks, but has been pretty good for a while now... except for one time it decided to reboot while I was out joy riding.

I have a rattle at 2k-3k rpms when cold. Sounds kind of like a heat shield rattle and goes away when warmed up. I don't think it is a heat shield though unless the harmonics are just right for it to rattle when warming up.

Also have a chirping sound on cold starts. Goes away pretty fast.

The A10 transmission had a couple of minor slips at low speed when going up an incline shortly after I first got it. Haven't experienced it since.

Got it with 40 miles on it and started driving it hard after a few hundred miles. Changed the factory fill at about 3300 (with QSUD 5w20). Did not burn any oil.

This thing rips and I love it.

GT5.0Fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Only issues with my 2019 gt premium is the interior rattles! Sometimes they drive me insane. I've been working on trying to quiet them down by cramming felt in between panels. Felt, business cards, junk mail whatever I can find to fit in between panels & shut them up lol.
Interior rattles would drive me nuts. I would fight to return it or sell it. Could not drive a car with an interior that rattles. Test drives are very very important. Not only are test drives important but paying attention to how the doors, hood and trunk hatch closes as well. If the Frame is off just by a little bit it could mean parts inside may not fit properly and all it takes is for something to not fit properly for the rattling to start. Rattlesnake inside the dashboard while driving is very irritating

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have an interior rattle that took me forever to pinpoint and wasn't even consistent. Turned out to be a plug underneath the passenger side seat. If the seat was in a certain position then the plug would rattle against it. Slide the seat forward and the rattle is gone. Just some food for thought if there's any you're having trouble locating.

Sponsored

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have an interior rattle that took me forever to pinpoint and wasn't even consistent. Turned out to be a plug underneath the passenger side seat. If the seat was in a certain position then the plug would rattle against it. Slide the seat forward and the rattle is gone. Just some food for thought if there's any you're having trouble locating.
Learn your car and all will be well. lol. As a guy who built his first Mustang with bubble gum and JB Weld. That is nothing. Believe me.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Interior rattles would drive me nuts. I would fight to return it or sell it. Could not drive a car with an interior that rattles. Test drives are very very important. Not only are test drives important but paying attention to how the doors, hood and trunk hatch closes as well. If the Frame is off just by a little bit it could mean parts inside may not fit properly and all it takes is for something to not fit properly for the rattling to start. Rattlesnake inside the dashboard while driving is very irritating
My rattle only shows up when the interior sits in the sun for a while and gets really hot. Luckily I have a good idea of where it is and I'm fairly certain it's an easy fix. I just want to buy some of the yellow clips first in case I break one.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Both center vents and the gauges were squeaking/rattling on my car, but it sounded like it was coming from the mirror, or my V1. Fixed them when I installed the GT350 gauge pod. In addition, the right side of the aluminum-looking edge around the digital dash was rattling too. Inserted a piece of folded electrical tape and that did the trick. I can't stand rattles either, so hope that's it for a while. Car only has 800+ miles. Should have been quiet for a while, but nope :). Just hope it doesn't turn into a rattle snake later on. Ha ha.

w0rmwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
So I just got to the 20k mile mark for service... (at 21k now), everything passed with flying colors, and I've had no issues at all, like the engine tick, rattling noises or less control at high speeds, etc.

However, within the past few weeks, my digital dash has been acting extremely strange. Sometimes it is completely blank when I start the vehicle, and no amount of turning on/off gets it to come back. I just end up sitting there or driving, and it comes back on its own. Often all my settings for the lighting resets when it does. Sometimes it just glitches out and shows me as having no fuel, even though as you can see my tank is almost full. It tends to reset itself to previous settings at some point, like there was never an issue. I don't have a way to reliably recreate the issue each time. I'm going to take it to the dealer soon but I'm afraid they may end up keeping it there a while... I am hoping this is just something that can be flashed and fixed.
BFADD9D8-9EED-4BEB-8C2C-9A1C840A1DEE_1_105_c.jpeg
60DE6D1F-1450-49FE-A68C-E9286E71AA5A_1_105_c.jpeg
Sponsored