Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
my 16GT has 40k miles, I installed the PP2 myself with no issues. If you have any skills at all, there is no reason you should have to pay a mechanic to do this. Just follow the directions closely for the tune, and there are lots of youtube videos that show the installation of the intake and throttle body.
I'm going to buy and install pp2 if I find it for reasonable price. Seems like prices went up since summer. Will they come down to summer levels?

I like my car very much, plan on keeping it and so will buy extended warranty because of widespread AC issue. Now I wonder if Power Pack would impact extended warranty at all?

At least PP2 sounds like it is fairly easy to install and then, if anything, revert back.
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I'm going to buy and install pp2 if I find it for reasonable price. Seems like prices went up since summer. Will they come down to summer levels?

I like my car very much, plan on keeping it and so will buy extended warranty because of widespread AC issue. Now I wonder if Power Pack would impact extended warranty at all?

At least PP2 sounds like it is fairly easy to install and then, if anything, revert back.
Lol... You need to read a shit load more threads.

Kevin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Trying to sell my used frpp3 kit. I don't have the evap solenoid jumper harness the kit comes with and apparently ford performance won't sell it by itself. What are my options? Anyone run into this when selling their used kit?

Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Trying to sell my used frpp3 kit. I don't have the evap solenoid jumper harness the kit comes with and apparently ford performance won't sell it by itself. What are my options? Anyone run into this when selling their used kit?
is your frpp3 used?

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Don't short change yourself when you sell it - People will grumble about not being able to run the FordCal tool -- but anyone can use HPTuners and one of the tunes from the repository and it will work fine.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Don't short change yourself when you sell it - People will grumble about not being able to run the FordCal tool -- but anyone can use HPTuners and one of the tunes from the repository and it will work fine.
you mean hptuners will load frpp tune as is if found at laptop's harddrive whether pre registered or not? How about carb in this case?

Last edited:

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
you mean hptuners will load frpp tune as is if found at laptop's harddrive whether pre registered or not? How about carb in this case?
HP Tuners has what they call a tune repository, where people can download tunes that were read from other vehicles. They also have modified ones as well. Of course, you never know for sure if the tune is 100% stock, but usually you can compare with a few tunes you might find on their bulletin board.

What is supposed to happen is you pay for credits to tune your car ($100). Then you write the new tune to your car ($100) and then you read it back from your car with the corrected VIN ($100). Once you do that, you have the FRPP tune on your car, with the correct VIN, and you can tune it as many times as you want for free. Because you also own the license for the original tune, you can always put it back for free. In my buddy's case, he only needed to pay for the first 2 steps ($200 total). We reached out to HP Tuners about why we didn't need to pay for the 3rd set of credits and they told me that it was an odd way the transfer worked out, but that we were good and didn't need to pay them more.

I hope this makes sense

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I have an frpp 2 to install. Can anyone tell me if flashing the tune will reset the oil life or radio presets?

I'm hoping I don't have issues with the tune. I figure I can run 93 (I'm in Canada) if I'm seeing pinging on vpower. What I am nervous for is the NLS since there was a lot of complaints. I have the steeda spring but my stock one is saved in my collection.

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
No the tune won't reset your oil life or presets.

The nls I experienced for the first time the other day. You do not have to have the throttle floored. I was a little more than half throttle at 5k and it was enough to trigger it. It does stumble. I am not a fan but it's very hard for me to stay on the throttle. 22 years driving manual my brain says lift.

Last edited:

PPstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO PP Mustang
I’ve had the tune 3 or so years now. I’ve never had a problem with the no lift shift and I have the Steeda Spring. I did have a stumble at high rpm in the beginning, I had to have it relearn the crankshaft position sensor? I’m sorry, it’s been a long time since I looked at it and that’s probably not exactly what it’s called. There is an option to reset it in the program and that worked for me.

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
I have an frpp 2 to install. Can anyone tell me if flashing the tune will reset the oil life or radio presets?

I'm hoping I don't have issues with the tune. I figure I can run 93 (I'm in Canada) if I'm seeing pinging on vpower. What I am nervous for is the NLS since there was a lot of complaints. I have the steeda spring but my stock one is saved in my collection.
Now that I'm used to it, the NLS feature has not caused me any issues. In fact, I don't think I could live without it!

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Sorry,another question. I was exploring the box of parts and found a small rubber plug (maybe 3/16 in. in diameter?) In the bottom of the box. There are 2 holes in the bottom of the filter housing, a slot and a round hole. It looks like it is supposed to plug the round hole. Do you guys know?
Sponsored