Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I did go through the article multiple times. It is very detailed, contains dynos and all and all, but is mostly theory.

And this very thread contains someone's track experience with pp2 as no improvement...
Dyno results are not theory. Real world results will vary from driver capability, track conditions, DA, traction, tires and other variables. So wanting to base on that is not nearly as conclusive as back to back dyno sessions on the same dyno, same day showing clear differences.

Now, actually using the different power curve and power increase is where real world knowledge comes in to maximise the new package. Gearing, tires, suspension, driving all play a big role in actually putting down the best times. Check out Braski on this forum. He took his power pack 2 GT into the 11s!
Sponsored

FoMoCoMoFo16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 2003 Cobra
I love my Powerpack 3 and will most likely love it more with my Lund Calibration, increased redline, and having some fat trimmed off my AFR.

FoMoCoMoFo16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 2003 Cobra
I also went with Brisk racing plugs ROR14LGS. They do offer a cheaper plug in the same heat range (14) fyi.

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried editing the VIN number on the PC3 calibration file to transfer to another person? Would have to be to same transmission, but it may work. Also, a new Procal version is out. Adds data logging and analysis.

FoMoCoMoFo16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 2003 Cobra
I've had the data logger and analysis working for a while now. I believe the file and program have a check sum comparator based on the VIN.

Sponsored

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
Has anyone tried editing the VIN number on the PC3 calibration file to transfer to another person? Would have to be to same transmission, but it may work. Also, a new Procal version is out. Adds data logging and analysis.
What's the new version? Tried to download and says, "unable to download - filesize = 0"

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
What's the new version? Tried to download and says, "unable to download - filesize = 0"
It’s 4.2. Same version I downloaded back in April when I did mine.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I just uploaded 4.2 to my laptop. Does it update anything to the tune? Guess not... I'd like to start datalogging soon though

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I just uploaded 4.2 to my laptop. Does it update anything to the tune? Guess not... I'd like to start datalogging soon though
Don’t expect any updates to the tune. I talked to Ford Performance and they said it’s done at this point. If they make changes, they have to go through the carb approval process again apparently.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Buy an ngauge or mpv2 and access the tune through hptuners. Easy to swap to gt350 or 18 intake manifold after that too.. few tweaks and your running pp3 from pp2

Sponsored

3ZERO3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Has anyone experienced a "rattle" similar to a cam gear noise under moderate throttle since the power pack installation? I have a pretty bad rattle right around 2-3K rpm under moderate throttle but goes away under light or heavy throttle. The rattle was not there prior to tune and I'm thinking of flashing it back to stock. Any insight would help, thanks

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Has anyone experienced a "rattle" similar to a cam gear noise under moderate throttle since the power pack installation? I have a pretty bad rattle right around 2-3K rpm under moderate throttle but goes away under light or heavy throttle. The rattle was not there prior to tune and I'm thinking of flashing it back to stock. Any insight would help, thanks
Are you lugging the engine down? Could be detonation... running premium fuel? Does it always do it? Detonation sounds like BBs rattling around in a metal can. I know some have had issues with that. I used to get a hint of it on throttle tip in if lugging the engine when I first flashed the tune. Although it has since gone away.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Buy an ngauge or mpv2 and access the tune through hptuners. Easy to swap to gt350 or 18 intake manifold after that too.. few tweaks and your running pp3 from pp2
My buddy has the full HP Tuners setup. He read the ford performance pp2 tune and extracted it. I’m going to load it into the software and take a look at it just for fun.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I love my Powerpack 3 and will most likely love it more with my Lund Calibration, increased redline, and having some fat trimmed off my AFR.
I was initially selecting pp2 as my favorite, as the most useable at street. But realistcally I just do not street race.

I occasionally go to autox and maxed out to 7500 redline would let me stay on 2nd gear for widrr range of situations. Low end... even in stock form s550 gt spins rear wheels here and there with no effort whether it is first or second, so I never was able to use even stock power.

But then I check the cost of pp3 and forget about it. 2k for extended redline is a bit too much.

FoMoCoMoFo16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 2003 Cobra
It's a fantastic intake and will take you much farther than a stock intake. The pp3 Calibration is excellent as well.
Sponsored