2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

3ZERO3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Are you lugging the engine down? Could be detonation... running premium fuel? Does it always do it? Detonation sounds like BBs rattling around in a metal can. I know some have had issues with that. I used to get a hint of it on throttle tip in if lugging the engine when I first flashed the tune. Although it has since gone away.
Its sounds like detonation to me too, I only run premium 91 from Shell (90% of the time) and it's not lugging the engine. I originally thought it might be my elevation and the engine is pulling timing (5,400 ish ft). The stranger thing is that the engine only does it when at operating temp, when I leave the house and the engine isn't fully warm yet, I never hear it.

FoMoCoMoFo16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 2003 Cobra
I found E85 at a commercial pump Friday and ordered Injector Dynamics 1050X Friday afternoon changed my Lund Calibration request to flex same day. If the E85 is constantly testing at 85% I will change to the E85R tune.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Its sounds like detonation to me too, I only run premium 91 from Shell (90% of the time) and it's not lugging the engine. I originally thought it might be my elevation and the engine is pulling timing (5,400 ish ft). The stranger thing is that the engine only does it when at operating temp, when I leave the house and the engine isn't fully warm yet, I never hear it.
You can try the “octane adjust” feature in the the tune. See if that helps. I think it’s a less aggressive timing table. It’s a check box in the procal software.

Sponsored

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Every time I loaded my PP2, or disconnected the battery for whatever reason, I'd get this little bit of pinging. Octane adjust option didn't make it go away.

However, it would go away after a few miles (couple hundred?).

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Has anyone experienced a "rattle" similar to a cam gear noise under moderate throttle since the power pack installation? I have a pretty bad rattle right around 2-3K rpm under moderate throttle but goes away under light or heavy throttle. The rattle was not there prior to tune and I'm thinking of flashing it back to stock. Any insight would help, thanks
rattle/crackling/grinding w/e noise at similar rpms but only happens on rare occasions. Haven't seen it in the past month or so though.

FoMoCoMoFo16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 2003 Cobra
That because flashing or disconnecting the battery clears the Kam data or clears the learned profile basically.

3ZERO3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Every time I loaded my PP2, or disconnected the battery for whatever reason, I'd get this little bit of pinging. Octane adjust option didn't make it go away.

However, it would go away after a few miles (couple hundred?).
Have you ever flashed it back to stock?what tune is it? I have two PC3 files listed.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Have you ever flashed it back to stock?what tune is it? I have two PC3 files listed.
Have you returned to stock previously? The only reason why you would have two files in the directory is because tune has been flashed twice.

I select the file that corresponds to the date I know I installed the tune. Should be the most recent one.

Sponsored

3ZERO3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Have you returned to stock previously? The only reason why you would have two files in the directory is because tune has been flashed twice.

I select the file that corresponds to the date I know I installed the tune. Should be the most recent one.
No I've never returned it to stock, I'll have to look and see what the file says.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I found E85 at a commercial pump Friday and ordered Injector Dynamics 1050X Friday afternoon changed my Lund Calibration request to flex same day. If the E85 is constantly testing at 85% I will change to the E85R tune.

Damn 1050x seem like overkill for your situation. Are you planning on FI later on or something?

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Correct me if I'm wrong, but seems like there's no advantage in paying for certified mechanic instattalion after 3yr/36 warranty expiration?

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
my 16GT has 40k miles, I installed the PP2 myself with no issues. If you have any skills at all, there is no reason you should have to pay a mechanic to do this. Just follow the directions closely for the tune, and there are lots of youtube videos that show the installation of the intake and throttle body.
Sponsored