Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Sorry,another question. I was exploring the box of parts and found a small rubber plug (maybe 3/16 in. in diameter?) In the bottom of the box. There are 2 holes in the bottom of the filter housing, a slot and a round hole. It looks like it is supposed to plug the round hole. Do you guys know?
See page 3 of the instructions booklet. It plugs the hole left by the sound tube in your firewall. The filter housing gets its air from the front of the car via the slot and the small hole on the bottom is the drain hole for water entering it.
Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
See page 3 of the instructions booklet. It plugs the hole left by the sound tube in your firewall. The filter housing gets its air from the front of the car via the slot and the small hole on the bottom is the drain hole for water entering it.
Right, I wasn't talking about the firewall plug. Here's a photo of it in the hole I think it belongs in:
IMG_20200621_101950.jpg

Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
So I've only had it on the car a few days, but did a little spirited driving today and the NLS has not been an issue so far.
I do have a steeda spring installed.

For what it's worth I'm not a super fast shifter so that could be part of it.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Maybe this is a new world record IAT for this kit. 142 today sitting at a light. Immediate detonation on light throttle with boostane. No way this kit is safe. Should have listened to Shaun at AED.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Maybe this is a new world record IAT for this kit. 142 today sitting at a light. Immediate detonation on light throttle with boostane. No way this kit is safe. Should have listened to Shaun at AED.
Are you having pp2 intake the way it is? There is fairly simple solution on how to isolate it from underhood heat. Not that it helped me with detonation, but brought IAT close to stock GT intake temperature levels.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Are you having pp2 intake the way it is? There is fairly simple solution on how to isolate it from underhood heat. Not that it helped me with detonation, but brought IAT close to stock GT intake temperature levels.
Are you referring to the plexiglass cover some folks have made?
I've noticed mine only gets to within 5C of the ambient and my factory intake was within 2C.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Intake is as normal per install. I cant find the thread about plexiglass cover. It appears the hood in the front crushes down the seal on the gt350 open air box near the headlight. Not sure how the plexiglass would handle that.

Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Are you referring to the plexiglass cover some folks have made?
I've noticed mine only gets to within 5C of the ambient and my factory intake was within 2C.
there's plexiglass which requires intake mod which wouldn't pass emissions in ca.

there's plexiglass insert into unmodified intake. This one lets hot air in, not water safe I tried it.

Then there's a"puffy" cover of the intake opening that is very easy to implement and I settled with this one. If need to go for a smog check you just leave the cover at home. The only downside - it blocks left hood heat extractor.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Lol I saw 70C (158F) IAT on my drive home today.

I do like my cylinder head temperatures are cooler when AC is off.

Last edited:

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Update:
I thought maybe in some conditions I might be hearing some pinging (I'm not really sure what it sounds like), so I filled up with 94 the other day (had 1/4 tank of 91 then added the rest with 94). I'm not sure if it is a placebo, but the car feels happier on 94. I am certain I am getting more burbles and pops with the 94, even when IATs are over 60C.

Still no ugly issues with the NLS...some day maybe I'll be brave enough to actually try it.

I would like to better seal the intake to the front grille (including the velossa tech), but I'm really hesitant to pull the bumper given how fragile the clips are. The IAT's even cruising for an hour never get as close to ambient as the original intake.
Sponsored