This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
this guy doesn't know wtf he's talking about on why they missed the mark imo. They did ok, but they missed the essence of the mach 1.

The mach 1 is NOT a track car. it is a street fighter. the down and dirty big engine, big torque light to light street fighter. And doing it while comfortably equipped, AC and power steering, power brakes, lush interior, fold down rear seat option for a few years. DRAG PACKS

Yes, they messed up the hood. but no they didn't have a shaker all it's years. In fact for most of it's life it DID NOT have a shaker. (if we count those horrid Mustang 2 years anyways). if we don't count that, it only had it for 3 out of 6 model years (you can count 2003/2004 as diff model years, but those are the exact same car, unlike 69/70/71/72/73 where there were differences, sometimes minor (71/72) between each year.) There were 6.5 model years of the mach 1, and 3 of them had NACA/NASA..which would look alot better on this car than a shaker that does nothing...at least a NACA/NASA could be useful, even if not as an intake. actually. you could use a NACA/NASA duct into a venturi and then into a heat extractor and it would be MORE efficient than the current extractor design.

So, this youtube star doesn't hit the mark on what they messed up. Then there are the small things, yeah, honeycomb grill. fake fog lights? nohoney comb back panel? upper fender badge? no mag 500s? (the base wheels are sorta there, but unpolished which doesn't look right)

Holy crap, if this guy makes money I need to get onto youtube and start my own channel and get suckers to give me money for spouting bullshit.
2003-2004 Mach 1s were 4v and not 3v like he says as well. Doesn’t change the fact that I completely agree with his opinion of this car and what Ford should have done.
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
2003-2004 Mach 1s were 4v and not 3v like he says as well. Doesn’t change the fact that I completely agree with his opinion of this car and what Ford should have done.
what Ford 'should' have done is put in a destroked 7.3L and stiffened up the chassis and rear end and made her a steet fighter, and come out with this car as the new Boss 302.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
what Ford 'should' have done is put in a destroked 7.3L and stiffened up the chassis and rear end and made her a steet fighter, and come out with this car as the new Boss 429.
There fixed it for ya! :thumbsup:

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Looks pretty hawt to me. Comes in both manual and auto as well.
I love it. The reason I bought an Auto GT is b\c of the MT-82. I, personally hate that tranny. This car has the Tremec six speed from the GT350 and I cannot stop thinking about it. Ford may take my money again.....I was planning on the wife getting the next new car, but......shit happens

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I love it. The reason I bought an Auto GT is b\c of the MT-82. I, personally hate that tranny. This car has the Tremec six speed from the GT350 and I cannot stop thinking about it. Ford may take my money again.....I was planning on the wife getting the next new car, but......shit happens
I agree. My 15’ GT with the MT-82 was garbage. When buying my 18’ GT I went with the 10 speed auto. This new Mach 1 with the Tremec has me seriously thinking about it. If I do decide to get one and dealers are tacking on ADM’s it will be a no go. I will have to wait until I find one without ADM’s.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
#1 Is it just me
#2 Is it an optical illusion
#3 Is it piping behind the two cut outs in the grille :D, it looks like fine fine mesh. Cooling for the brakes?

You can see hint of something behind the left cutout
Here's a highres pic of the grille. The circles and the part next to it on the outer side have a tiny pattern but are blocked, besides the ring around the circle that seems to let air flow through it.
mach1grille.jpg

Of course they could have added new hood scoops or a shaker hood. But have in mind that things like these would increase the price drastically while adding absolutely no function. Style over substance is not something a performance car should go for imho.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
To me 480 projected horsepower is just the number Ford engineers throw out there to let us know it will have more horsepower than the GT. If the Mach 1 engine does indeed have the GT350 intake manifold , 480 horsepower sounds low for an intake manifold designed for an 8250 RPM engine. The 480 horsepower at 7000 RPM is more like the RPM rating for a pushrod engine. I will wait to see what the horsepower level on the Mach 1 engine is at 7800 RPM. I suspect the horsepower level will be closer to 500 horsepower.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the close up, very interesting :)

Here's a highres pic of the grille. The circles and the part next to it on the outer side have a tiny pattern but are blocked, besides the ring around the circle that seems to let air flow through it.
mach1grille.jpg

Of course they could have added new hood scoops or a shaker hood. But have in mind that things like these would increase the price drastically while adding absolutely no function. Style over substance is not something a performance car should go for imho.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I agree. My 15’ GT with the MT-82 was garbage. When buying my 18’ GT I went with the 10 speed auto. This new Mach 1 with the Tremec has me seriously thinking about it. If I do decide to get one and dealers are tacking on ADM’s it will be a no go. I will have to wait until I find one without ADM’s.
Of course some dealers will be adding ADM’s. If you serious about getting one, start contacting dealers now and find that will except a preorder at MSRP. One of our forum members already did this.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
They did ok, but they missed the essence of the mach 1.

The mach 1 is NOT a track car. it is a street fighter. the down and dirty big engine, big torque light to light street fighter. And doing it while comfortably equipped, AC and power steering, power brakes, lush interior, fold down rear seat option for a few years. DRAG PACKS
Somebody gets it. This new Mach is more so a Boss 302.

I was hoping for the present day version of a '69-'70 428SCJ Mach 1. Instead we got a present day '69-'70 Boss 302 (which is great, don't get me wrong) onto which someone on the assembly line put the wrong graphics and badges.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
we got a present day '69-'70 Boss 302 (which is great, don't get me wrong) onto which someone on the assembly line put the wrong graphics and badges.
the morons in Marketing again. "but we have to tie it into the Mach-E". To Marketing it's just words grabbed out of a hat. I'll bet you nobody in this campaign even drives a Mustang, or is even a car person, or could tell you the first detail about the Mach1 or Boss from 50 years ago or the differences in design intent between the two. I'll bet there was some screaming coming from the engineering side of the house to not call it the Mach1. And were only placated by "well the A10 is fast right? so QED it's a street bruiser/drag car". That line of thinking was probably what justified not offering the Handling pack with A10.

I agree, they should have released the 2 cars as sisters - Mach1 (auto only, bespoke hood and stripe, hell throw in a non-functional Shaker - just use it as a engine bay hot air VENT instead of intake) and Boss (stick only, handling pack, 'C' or hockey stripes). But with 2 competing name plates the "message" would be diluted. The powerplant issue can't be helped. Or the Mach1 would have had to be limited to US market only.

The design brief probably went something like:
M: "well, we killed off the GT350 and the Bullitt and the PP2 looks half-assed in the face of the SS/1LE so we need a credible road course -capable stick-shift car."
And then some ankle-biter piped up:
AB: "but 6MT is dead and how do we justify all this work for a veritable handful of units when we could sell a ton more with the A10?"
E: "But we can't call it a Boss if it has an automatic trans."
AB: "so call it Mach-I (eye). The Mach-E is all set for 2021 too so this will just be the "I"CE version of the Mach-E. see what I did there?"

E: *much retching in disgust*
M: "even I'm feeling the bile rise"

AB: "what? did I say something wrong? Mach-I (eye), Mach-E, Mach-A, Mach-P, Mach-1. What difference does the letter make, they're all part of our new platform."

E: "fsking Millennials! Can I just shoot the kid and bury him out back? I won't tell if you won't."

M: "I'm not allowed to make a decision, so we'll give Hackett a 20min slide show and he can choose. And no, sadly HR says throwing stupid people off the roof is a frowned-upon activity and doesn't cultivate an affirming and safe environment for all of our valued team members".

E: (mutters) "Sounds like I need to dig 2 holes. Where did I leave my shovel? Gotta remember to kill the lights."
Sponsored

Last edited: