Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt a shaker hood, but a lot of potential for replacing the old hood vents with NACA scoops.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
looks suspiciously like a Shelby splitter or an RTR. I'm sure somebody at Ford comes up with screwball parts to put on the cars just to have fun with the rabble.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
A10 tranny or I’m not interested. Just hold out for a GT500.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
We already saw a lot of Bullits being used as a prototype for this refresh. Hard to tell what this means, but maybe every GT gets the increased hp now so they build all of their prototypes on the Bullitts
Now we know what they are doing with the unsold Bullits

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There we go, nothing really to see here. Appears to be another run of the mill Mustang with a few bits from the parts bin added, like the Bullitt. The GT350 it seems will remain the king of the Mustang variants with that beautiful engine.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the-new-ford-mustang-mach-1-will-be-a-50-budget-gt350/
We need to remember that the GT350 and GT500 are Shelby's and will always be more special than your "run of the mill" Mustang's. Honestly I do not consider Boss 302's, California Specials, & of course Mach 1's to be run of the mill. Not sure what these folks are expecting. They are also all "parts bin" cars. This is a Ford, remember. Hell, the Ford GT uses some parts out of our Mustang's. It's a mass produced car. I think some folks are just setting their expectations way to high.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I don't consider the GT500 particularly special, just another car built for track times - plenty of those around. Lacks the engine soul and engagement of the GT350.
The Boss 302 is special but Im talking this generation.
A car does not have to be expensive to be special, just the money spent on the right things.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I don't consider the GT500 particularly special, just another car built for track times - plenty of those around. Lacks the engine soul and engagement of the GT350.
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion but I would guess many on here would disagree with your assessment of the GT500. I was also referring to it as special against regular Mustang's. I'm not going to argue about the the 5.2 VooDoo but have you heard and/or driven a GT500. Plentry of soul and engagment there.

So if the Mach 1 is the Boss 302 of this generation couldn't it be special too. Why are you presuming it won't be? Because of some media articles that quite frankly know nothing more than we do?

A car does not have to be expensive to be special, just the money spent on the right things.
I never said it did. I said mass produced, not cheap. I would consider the Miata and GTI to be special for what they are as well.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Amazing how some people are prepared to dismiss this without actually:

A - Getting the full specs from Ford
B - Seeing the final production version
C - Driving it for themselves

:like:
Agreed. What I don't get is why most of the speculation is negative. Is there a reason we don't want this to be a great car?

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree with the idea of what you are saying, but that Predator engine and the function of the DCT might change your mind if you drove a GT500 on track.

I think the Mach 1 with the less expensive 5.0 engine but with a Tremec, good brakes and coolers could be an example of the money in the right place. At least for those of us who love our track days, it might be.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Agreed. What I don't get is why most of the speculation is negative. Is there a reason we don't want this to be a great car?
Because we don't want to trade in our 45k dream car

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Because we don't want to trade in our 45k dream car
Yup. I bought my 2017 used, but as soon as I finished up cutting holes in the hood and torched the resale value - that's when Ford decided to do these latest teases of the Mach 1.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Because the fear is that it is going to be another $50k+ NON SHELBY Mustang. Now again, they can surprise us all but at the end of the day the price they are likely to charge will not be easy to justify for it being just a "parts bin" vehicle. Give me a stripped down GT (and by stripped down I mean the option to get the car without EVERY DAMN option imaginable slapped in to jack up the price. Looking at you PP2 and Bullitt) with an NA 5.2 gen 2 (no plasma bores please.... or at least no complicated rats nest of direct injection fuel lines) for under $40k or give me a hybrid A10 making a combined 600hp for under $50k.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Because the fear is that it is going to be another $50k+ NON SHELBY Mustang. Now again, they can surprise us all but at the end of the day the price they are likely to charge will not be easy to justify for it being just a "parts bin" vehicle. Give me a stripped down GT (and by stripped down I mean the option to get the car without EVERY DAMN option imaginable slapped in to jack up the price. Looking at you PP2 and Bullitt) with an NA 5.2 gen 2 (no plasma bores please.... or at least no complicated rats nest of direct injection fuel lines) for under $40k or give me a hybrid A10 making a combined 600hp for under $50k.
oof. The entitlement is strong in this thread.

I’m over here thrilled that there will likely be a nice tech loaded 500hp 2+2 sports car for likely less than $60k and here we have people sad about it because it doesn’t have a sticker that says Shelby to make us feel “special”. What a time we live in.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.