Rear Suspension Creak - Please Help!

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium, 50 Years Pkg, DIB, MT82
So I have a creak in my passengers side rear suspension. I can hear from inside the car even with windows up. I will take and post video if needed but I'll try to explain it to the best of my ability.

Creaking when I
-Let out the clutch from a stop
-Giving gas mostly at a lower speed (when car squats) and also makes another creak if I let off in the middle of that, I can just tap on and off the gas to get it to continually creak
-NOT over bumps

What I have tried
-Tightened all Rear suspension bolts I could find including the axle nut
-Greased rear sway bar bushings
-Sprayed lithium grease on all the bushings to try to see if I could at least get it to stop until I found a permanent solution, no change

Mods are in sig. Car only has 19K miles so I'm thinking it may be related to the mods, I bought it with 16K and it always has made this sound. I have searched other threads and still no luck with what I've tried from suggestions on those. I'm wondering if maybe its the coil springs possibly? Just seems weird it doesn't do it on bumps. Appreciate it in advance for the help
Sponsored

OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)

Just took a few, turned out better than I thought! Hope this helps

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Wow, that’s nasty. I’m kinda confused on what springs you have; are they H&R or are they BMR?

OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Wow, that’s nasty. I’m kinda confused on what springs you have; are they H&R or are they BMR?
Yeah, It's on that constant when I tap the gas at a low speed. Good thing I like music turned up loud. Wow, my foxbody had H&R lol. They are BMR SP080s everyone, sorry!!

Sponsored

Mech10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Deep Impact Blue
Had that same sound about a year ago. Ended up being the vertical links. Took them off cleaned them and greased them up and hasn’t made a sound since.

OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Had that same sound about a year ago. Ended up being the vertical links. Took them off cleaned them and greased them up and hasn’t made a sound since.
Stock vertical links? Marine Grease work? Thats all I have. Thanks for the suggestion!

Mech10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mine are steeda’s, can’t remember what grease I used but it was green

OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mine are steeda’s, can’t remember what grease I used but it was green
Was your noise also only when you hit the gas/let out the clutch like mine?

Mech10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
I have an automatic. It first started making noise coming from a stop and eventually progressed to all the time no matter the condition of the road. It drove me insane trying to pinpoint the source. Wasn’t until I took the vertical links off and found a build up of loose gravel and dirt on the passenger side.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Any other suggestions would be appreciated, going to work on it in the next few days

tyoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT ROUSH SC PP
Try re-torqueing the rear axle nuts. 150 ft/lbs and a 1/8th turn with some red Loctite.

OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Try re-torqueing the rear axle nuts. 150 ft/lbs and a 1/8th turn with some red Loctite.
Last weekend I checked both sides and both at 150 and it clicked, would the extra 1/8 turn really make a difference?

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I always tighten mine to 250, but even if they were loose that's not the noise I would expect to hear. What components from the FR Track Handling Pack do you have installed? The kit includes shocks/struts/springs but you mention running BMR springs and PP shocks, so I'm not sure what you have going.

OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
I always tighten mine to 250, but even if they were loose that's not the noise I would expect to hear. What components from the FR Track Handling Pack do you have installed? The kit includes shocks/struts/springs but you mention running BMR springs and PP shocks, so I'm not sure what you have going.
Wow 250! Yeah I have a feeling it would be pretty loose for a constant sound. My TQ wrench only goes to 150 but I could try more.

-The car had the suspension mods when I bought it, but I am certain on the following: Ford Racing Sway Bar (Blue so Track?), BMR Springs, PP shocks (the black shocks), BMR Cradle Lockout CB005, thats all I am certain of in the rear. Lateral Links said Ford don't know if they are stock. I don't think the car has the full Ford Performance kit. I'm going to have to closely look when i'm working on it. Seems like they pieced it all together how they wanted.
Sponsored