Sponsored

2018-2019 GT Performance Kit Ford Performance

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Yup already ordered mine and its on way. Found place selling it 300 off no tax and free shipping :)

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The power increases are always welcome, of course, but I am most interested in the A10 tweaks, wondering what that does for the car. I've read that the Chevy tuning on that trans makes it work a little better, and it would be interesting to see if this makes it work any better for the Mustang.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
They did a great spin on how paying $1300 for 19 hp and 18 lb/ft is a good deal. :)

Having said that, I probably have paid about the same for less hp in the past. :thumbsup: I like that it is warrantied.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The power increases are always welcome, of course, but I am most interested in the A10 tweaks, wondering what that does for the car. I've read that the Chevy tuning on that trans makes it work a little better, and it would be interesting to see if this makes it work any better for the Mustang.
Ill try to remember to report back mines a 19 gt premium with a10. I got the kit for the low end torque and the new shift tables I also got it because now they support 4.09 gears in the auto :) and that was what I really want it for.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
They did a great spin on how paying $1300 for 19 hp and 18 lb/ft is a good deal. :)

Having said that, I probably have paid about the same for less hp in the past. :thumbsup: I like that it is warrantied.
well the kit is about 1200 and like myself if you dig enough you can find it under 1k. but I think its funny the timing. We all getting 1200.00 stimulus checks and ford has low sales and needs money and guess what a new kit comes out that is .... 1200.00 LOL hummmmmm

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
"you must purchase the $1,275 Ford Performance kit, which includes a cold-air intake and the 87-mm throttle body lifted from the Mustang Bullitt. It also has an adapter for the throttle body and a new software calibration."

I bought the same for $600 shipped, no tax for my '16. Just put it on this past weekend. It feels a little stronger in the mid-range, however butt dynos are notoriously inaccurate. Hopefully I will be able to get it over to Dave's for some dyno time and compare it to the baseline I did 3 years ago.

OP
OP
aparkins30

aparkins30

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

42ft lbs at 2,000 RPM...

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
See the levitown post in vendor section. Still more than it should be, but you will feel the difference on the road. Its one think to go for peak power, its another to get streetable power! If you not going for more mods, this kit is a good option.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Two things. First, the Bullitt doesn't add any torque (same 420 ft/lbs); just 20 HP. So how come this 'Bullitt' kit (supposedly the same calibration) magically adds 18 ft/lbs? Hmmm. And the other is that ridiculous claim of +42 ft/lbs at 2K rpm. No freaking way IMO. Maybe with turbos, but not on a high-revving V8 with a larger throttle body. If anything, it should be MINUS 42 ft/lbs that low in the rpm band. Those claims don't inspire any confidence.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So couple of things. Why are people saying this is overpriced? Any CAI is about 300 to 500 for one worth a crap and then if you get a CAI and tune combo they are 700 to 900 again for ones worth a crap and thats with out the throttle body and ford specific shift tables and keeping warranty. So I paid about 95 bucks more and get a throttle body and keep my warranty. The people saying well I paid blah blah for mine on my OLD Mustang... exactly an old mustang with a different engine and trans.. so there's that. And this is not a bullitt kit as this puts the gt specs over the bullitt's. And why do some not believe the 42lbs torque? I would think if ford claims that and it does not then 1. you would have a claim for your money back and 2. I really dont think Ford needs any more bad press right now.

Anyone paying retail is a sucker. just do some looking I got mine hair under 1k and no tax free shipping. You just gotta look. Ill put mine on and report back if its great I will say so if It sucks trust me I will say so. I don't suffer from butt dyno ego where I claim I "feel" the difference just because I don't want to admit I wasted money. LOL Ill report back the truth :)

These are my opinions and mine alone you may not agree but hey thats America :)

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
There's so much torque management in this stock tune I wouldn't be surprised if they found 42 lbs of torque to "unlock" rather easily.

OP
OP
aparkins30

aparkins30

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
There's so much torque management in this stock tune I wouldn't be surprised if they found 42 lbs of torque to "unlock" rather easily.
agreed - this was new news to me, but I guess others were clued in that this was coming out around late March early April of this year. There are a couple other threads I was able to find, some have already installed it. Supposedly noticeable performance on the road.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Two things. First, the Bullitt doesn't add any torque (same 420 ft/lbs); just 20 HP. So how come this 'Bullitt' kit (supposedly the same calibration) magically adds 18 ft/lbs? Hmmm. And the other is that ridiculous claim of +42 ft/lbs at 2K rpm. No freaking way IMO. Maybe with turbos, but not on a high-revving V8 with a larger throttle body. If anything, it should be MINUS 42 ft/lbs that low in the rpm band. Those claims don't inspire any confidence.
The Bullitt uses the GT350 intake manifold, so it's a bit different, this is the TB and air intake, but maintains the incredibly effective MY18+ IM. I'd say it's a case of tuning out the loss on the Bullitt, and it being a little more capable up top (with a proper tune, E85, etc.)

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I don't think the few of us that posted, actually said it was over-priced. I know I didn't... Actually said, I've paid more for less in the past. It is the spin they put on the pricing in the article that brings out the smiles.

So couple of things. Why are people saying this is overpriced?
:)
Sponsored