Sponsored

Best subframe brace for convertible?

mustang123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Hi friends! I have a 2019 GT premium convertible (no PP or magneride). I like to drive canyons and mountains with the top down. The car handles reasonably well around sharp corners, but I do have quite a bit of body roll and brake dives. I already ordered some stiffer springs but was also wondering what kind of subframe braces I can add to make the car even stiffer? I saw that Ford already installed a strut tower brace under the hood, there's also a massive rear subframe brace from the factory. What are some good braces I can add that will not interfere with the factory brace?

Thanks for your suggestions!
Sponsored

Sigster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Hi friends! I have a 2019 GT premium convertible (no PP or magneride). I like to drive canyons and mountains with the top down. The car handles reasonably well around sharp corners, but I do have quite a bit of body roll and brake dives. I already ordered some stiffer springs but was also wondering what kind of subframe braces I can add to make the car even stiffer? I saw that Ford already installed a strut tower brace under the hood, there's also a massive rear subframe brace from the factory. What are some good braces I can add that will not interfere with the factory brace?

Thanks for your suggestions!
Hey Mustang123. I'm was in the same boat. Steeda's Comfort suspension, which is progressive lowering springs and active struts/shocks, fixed all those problems on my non PP 18 GT convertible. Wow what a difference. The only thing I would do different is add the quarter inch spring spacers, because the back is heavy and a little too low because of that bracing you mentioned. The spacers would fix that inexpensively. I have enjoyed this setup for about a year, and am now getting ready to add some of the other cool suspension bits that Steeda offers, to take the car to the next level. But what I bought is I think the biggest initial bang for your buck. Do the shocks/struts at the same time as springs, you'll be happy you did.

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
I have just ordered Steeda Gtrac K brace and jacking rails to stiff up my EU PP vert.

I did installed the FP Strut Tower brace (from the GT350R) but it is barely noticeable on normal driving...

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I have just ordered Steeda Gtrac K brace and jacking rails to stiff up my EU PP vert.

I did installed the FP Strut Tower brace (from the GT350R) but it is barely noticeable on normal driving...
I did this to mine when I first got it. I did the J&M Jacking rails and Steeda G trac K Brace.

There is a little cowl shake on "washboarded" surfaces, but I am very pleased. Unfortunately, I didn't really get the chance to "before and after", but I would do the same mods again. The Gtrac K and Full length jacking rails are really no-brainers. They are cheap to buy and easy to install in the driveway. If you want to get a shop to install them, I suspect you can get it done for less than $100. The convenience the Jacking rails provide when lifting the car are worth it alone!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I did this to mine when I first got it. I did the J&M Jacking rails and Steeda G trac K Brace.

There is a little cowl shake on "washboarded" surfaces, but I am very pleased. Unfortunately, I didn't really get the chance to "before and after", but I would do the same mods again. The Gtrac K and Full length jacking rails are really no-brainers. They are cheap to buy and easy to install in the driveway. If you want to get a shop to install them, I suspect you can get it done for less than $100. The convenience the Jacking rails provide when lifting the car are worth it alone!
So with a PP1 car, this behind the factory K brace right? i.e., they can both be installed together[?]

Sponsored

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
So with a PP1 car, this behind the factory K brace right? i.e., they can both be installed together[?]
Correct...nothing had to be removed to add the GTrac K brace.

And LOL at your updated Avatar...

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
This is installed underneath and ties the bottom together better. Unless you’re not talking about the brace from the firewall to the top of the strut towers.

Shawn2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 401A Auto
People get confused on the K brace. There is a bottom K brace that ties the front suspensions together. There is also a Ford Performance K brace to go along with their strut tower support brace above the engine. The lower braces have at least 3 different styles, all easy to bolt on.
The jacking braces should have come with the car. You have to get the convertible jacking braces, as the underside is slightly different from the fastback.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
The BMR subframe brace made a big difference to my vert when paired with some jacking rails.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I just installed the jacking rails, but cannot drive for a few more months. So painful having it in storage!! :crying:

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Subframes from either BMR or Steeda will help strengthen GT vert front ends. I have the simple Steeda bar.

CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Does it make sense to install a PP1 bottom K brace on standard Ecoboost vert?
You could the more bracing...the better. There are also articles on it. There is a flap to change your oil. I have one on my GT.

4-point bracing from Steeda and others may be able to substitute for that K brace.

CVCashmere
Sponsored