Sponsored

Hood / front fender panel gaps, is this normal?

speedup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 triple black GT convertible
2019 GT - most of the panels on the car look OK, but these gaps in my hood and front fender can't be normal ??

I took this in to the dealer to be adjusted and first they told me this was 'normal' for Mustangs, and their 'fix' for the driver side height they just cranked that rubber hood stopper up, which just threw other things out of alignment.

driver_side_hood.jpg
passenger_side_hood.jpg
Sponsored

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
My right fender looks the same, I've not done anything about it as the rest of the car appears near perfect and don't wanna mess things up

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have a few gap and alignment issues, too. Pretty much what I expected.

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I adjusted mine the 2nd day I had it. You can close the gap by loosening the upper fender bolts, push the fender inward and hold it while you tighten it up. Use some tape inside the socket to prevent chipping the paint on the bolt head. Once you tighten it down, make sure you watch the gap as you slowly lower the hood to check the clearance.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Yep my passenger fender by the headlight looks similar.

Sponsored

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Same issues here on my 19. Only noticeable if you are really looking for it. Doesn't bother me at all, as it's not extremely noticeable unless you are looking for it.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
100% normal. My car had lots of issues. Found a good dealer with a great body shop. They fixed the panels and now it looks great. I wouldn't say 100% but 95%.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was driver's side. Surprisingly easy to fix. Loosen the bolts and gently push it the desired direction (mine was inboard). There's an alignment hole in the front fender just inboard of the trailing end of the headlight assembly. I noticed that when I tightened up the gap, that hole aligned perfectly with the matching hole in the inner fender. I wonder if they use some sort of alignment tool at the factory.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Fun fact: Ford asked the Germans what they considered acceptable. Mercedes said they lock a cat in a car overnight and if it suffocates, the gaps are small enough. Ford tried that, but the cat kept getting out thru the gaps.

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Let’s hope the gaps on the ford built ventilators are a bit tighter! Welcome to flat rocks famous quality control department where every day is Friday.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Let’s hope the gaps on the ford built ventilators are a bit tighter! Welcome to flat rocks famous quality control department where every day is Friday.
What's amusing to me is my car was actually built on a Friday and is one of the few with no obvious panel gap issues. Go figure.

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Mine was driver's side. Surprisingly easy to fix. Loosen the bolts and gently push it the desired direction (mine was inboard). There's an alignment hole in the front fender just inboard of the trailing end of the headlight assembly. I noticed that when I tightened up the gap, that hole aligned perfectly with the matching hole in the inner fender. I wonder if they use some sort of alignment tool at the factory.
Just did this and it fixed my gap 100% , awesome! Love this form

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
can you take a pic of the bolts you loosened? i will do this too
I losened this bolt maybe 1/8th inch and simply pushed the fender in and retightened the bolt down. This gap was over 1/4inch before and now it's identical to the other side of the hood....perfect
IMG_20200418_194154306.jpg
IMG_20200418_194104016.jpg
Sponsored