Sponsored

Hood / front fender panel gaps, is this normal?

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Here’s the image of the issue I have.
notice the slight chip on the side facing the tire...

Easy way to fix it like is that panel replaceable?
I’d like some thoughts/ideas.
48CFB173-2F94-463F-BEF1-F750AB865E34.jpeg
Sponsored

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
I spent ten minutes to loosen the front fender bolts, push gently in about 1/8th", then retighten. Looks a thousand times better, and certainly something you can do at home. The doors to fender, well, that's a bit more difficult....

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
And don't forget the famous rear bumper droop :giggle:

TC
I thought that was a GT350 premium option that relieves air pressure behind the rear fascia at speed.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Here’s the image of the issue I have.
notice the slight chip on the side facing the tire...

Easy way to fix it like is that panel replaceable?
I’d like some thoughts/ideas.
48CFB173-2F94-463F-BEF1-F750AB865E34.jpeg
Well - that got past QC - It looks like it was painted over at the factory and delivered that way. If so, I'd leave it - you'll have a greater chance of crappy fitment and the paint job will never be as good as the factory. That said, you could have it filled in, painted and then clear bra it to protect the repair and paint.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Well - that got past QC - It looks like it was painted over at the factory and delivered that way. If so, I'd leave it - you'll have a greater chance of crappy fitment and the paint job will never be as good as the factory. That said, you could have it filled in, painted and then clear bra it to protect the repair and paint.
Yeah it came from the factory like that I’m sure. Think it’s best to just leave it alone huh?

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Yeah, I have some similar issues with my GT premium. Not really body gap issues but actually some paint flaws. One is a chip but that can be touched up and expected to happen in the future. Then there seems to be a gouge in the plastic which really stands out a bit, however I don’t want to pursue fixing it as it might seem to cause more issues than what it’s worth. Just debating enjoying the car and it is what it is...
Just my two cents. When you mention the chip or the gouged plastic this bothers you (Big Time) Every time you walk by and your eyes are drawn to the damage, inside you get pissed off. My advice find a QUALITY body shop, get it fixed properly, and bite the bullet. You will be a lot less stressed in the long run. Believe me been there done that.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Just my two cents. When you mention the chip or the gouged plastic this bothers you (Big Time) Every time you walk by and your eyes are drawn to the damage, inside you get pissed off. My advice find a QUALITY body shop, get it fixed properly, and bite the bullet. You will be a lot less stressed in the long run. Believe me been there done that.
you know it didn’t mother much until my window tint guy pointed it out again. I’d had seen it and shrugged it off.
I was just wondering if I could order the panel factory painted and just have it installed... it might not work that way though...

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I losened this bolt maybe 1/8th inch and simply pushed the fender in and retightened the bolt down. This gap was over 1/4inch before and now it's identical to the other side of the hood....perfect
IMG_20200418_194154306.jpg
IMG_20200418_194104016.jpg
Hmm I am going to try this.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it came from the factory like that I’m sure. Think it’s best to just leave it alone huh?
Yup - If I was in your shoes that's exactly what I would do.