Steeda clutch assist spring loose

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
Has anyone had problems with the steeda clutch assist spring loosening up over time? I’ve had mine on for a while and now the clutch pedal is feeling pretty loose at the top of its travel and sometimes doesnt return all the way up... albeit by a very small amount. Like 1/8-1/4”
Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Just take the spring off completely. I removed the spring from my 2012 GT and it really wasn't that stiff at all compared to say a Mach 1. And the 2015 clutch pedal feels like a wet noodle in comparison so I imagine with the spring off it will be really light still.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had problems with the steeda clutch assist spring loosening up over time? I’ve had mine on for a while and now the clutch pedal is feeling pretty loose at the top of its travel and sometimes doesnt return all the way up... albeit by a very small amount. Like 1/8-1/4”
Mine was loose like that from the time I installed it.

I removed it and went back to the stock spring.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
Interesting.......mine is tight!!:sunglasses:

Have you contacted Steeda......I'm sure they'll make it right if they can!!:like:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Ben,

Please shoot me your contact info - let me send this our to our head of manufacturing.

TJ

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bmaughan

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
What did they say? Manufacturing issue, or something else?
They were super great and sent me a new spring no questions asked! Unfortunately the new one does it as well.. not as much, but there’s still just a little slack at the top of its travel. I just think 35lbs (or whatever it is) may not be quite enough spring pressure to fully lock it out.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have mines for years and it has been loose since first installed. It was about 1/4" loose and now is at 1/2" loose. I tossed the stock spring, but wish Steeda make a slightly heavier (more pounds?) spring to correct this.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
They were super great and sent me a new spring no questions asked! Unfortunately the new one does it as well.. not as much, but there’s still just a little slack at the top of its travel. I just think 35lbs (or whatever it is) may not be quite enough spring pressure to fully lock it out.
Mine has always been like that too, its just a very tiny amount of wiggle at the top.

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt-DHG | 2010 Yaris 3Dr HB |
Mine has always been like that too, its just a very tiny amount of wiggle at the top.
Same here. Noticeable because that OEM spring shot it up locking it out.
Sponsored