Flex fuel tune

damondewaynehuff84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
Day 2 with the 93 tune, started as expected, idled smooth, took it down to my "test area", did my stall test, and it did not, I tried several times, couldn't generate any problems, and no CEL indicator.

Look, I'm not a tuner, but I am an absolutely kickass software developer, and if I were doing this sort of testing to isolate a problem in some code, at this point, I'd be very inclined to say it was the Flex tune - and since that tune exhibited the same behavior on both E and 93, I think it's even more of an indicator. I am willing to consider it was that tune + E, and that the 93 doing the same thing __might__ have been some residual E in the fuel system.

BTW, AED has NOT responded to my email from Dec, they've totally blown me off.

I'm absolutely done with the Flex tune, now I have to decide if I want to:

- Stick with the AED 93 tune, it was a (per the filename) a 93 base (vs. a Flex performance), so I'm not sure if it's a really dialed in 93 tune or just a simpler test tune.

- If I stick with their 93 tune, demand my money back for the Flex add (it was +$100), it didn't work, and by the end of the weekend, I'll be able to say that with confidence.

- Bail on AED completely, since they've decided not to communicate, and dispute the entire charge via PayPal (I would absolutely remove their tune).
Honestly I would just get with lund and only get your tunes from them! They are top notch! Best in the business IMO! People hate that you cant pick up the phone and call them, but honestly it doesn't bother me cause they always reply to my emails. I bought my Ngauge and the 91/93 and E85R tune for 850 I think and all in all I ended up getting 91/93, 91/93 Cammed, Flex Fuel, E85R, E85R Cammed tunes. So in all I got a total of 5 tunes and they all work great! They even went over my future setup goals with me and gave me detailed lists of each setup I'm considering and exactly what i will need for TT, PD supercharger, Centri supercharger. And for a nitrous setup! I have learned a lot from them about what i need to get into the 8s.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Shaun did finally reach out, and after several additional emails, lengthy discussion, we determined for my use, it was better to just stick with the 93 tune (which seems excellent), and he made good on the fact I wasn't going to use the Flex tune, and didn't need to pay for it.

Now I can finally install my H-pipe, didn't want to do anything else until I had this sorted out.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
MaskedaRacerX I see you are in Vilano Beach, I’m in Orange Park. You ever attend any of the local cars and coffee events or cruise in’s? There’s one at the Avenues mall tomorrow morning, I’m thinking about going to. I’d love to see your car and pick your brain.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
ma
Honestly I would just get with lund and only get your tunes from them! They are top notch! Best in the business IMO! People hate that you cant pick up the phone and call them, but honestly it doesn't bother me cause they always reply to my emails. I bought my Ngauge and the 91/93 and E85R tune for 850 I think and all in all I ended up getting 91/93, 91/93 Cammed, Flex Fuel, E85R, E85R Cammed tunes. So in all I got a total of 5 tunes and they all work great! They even went over my future setup goals with me and gave me detailed lists of each setup I'm considering and exactly what i will need for TT, PD supercharger, Centri supercharger. And for a nitrous setup! I have learned a lot from them about what i need to get into the 8s.

Wow, id pay $850 to get all them tunes..... its like $750 for ngauge and 93/e85 tune

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
MaskedaRacerX I see you are in Vilano Beach, I’m in Orange Park. You ever attend any of the local cars and coffee events or cruise in’s? There’s one at the Avenues mall tomorrow morning, I’m thinking about going to. I’d love to see your car and pick your brain.

Hey! I do hit up the one at the Avenues Mall every once in a while, to be honest, I totally forgot about it today (had a bunch of stuff going on). Maybe next month, looks like it's on Feb 8th.

Sponsored

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Hey! I do hit up the one at the Avenues Mall every once in a while, to be honest, I totally forgot about it today (had a bunch of stuff going on). Maybe next month, looks like it's on Feb 8th.
It was my first time going to this one. The turn out was incredible! There must have been well over 500 cars.

slimvdub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT, 2006 Audi A4, 1974 Mercedes 240D, 1949 Chevy Truck, and 2013 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome.
So I use PBD I have the e85r and the 93r tune. I was filling up with E-85 for about 3 months and forgot to change the tune. Car ran fine for what it's worth. So I was running E-85 for 3 months with the 93 tune. Funny story.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
do you actually need an Ngauge for the flex tune or you can just go with something else or just without anything?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
do you actually need an Ngauge for the flex tune or you can just go with something else or just without anything?
You'll need a tune and tuner device but it doesn't have to be the nguage. I use the sct bdx and Lund is the tuner.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
You still require a tuning device to load the tune. You don’t need to have it connected full time once it’s loaded. But it’s handy to see real time data. I personally monitor LAMBDA, IAT, KNOCKR

Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You still require a tuning device to load the tune. You don’t need to have it connected full time once it’s loaded. But it’s handy to see real time data. I personally monitor LAMBDA, IAT, KNOCKR
yeah i have an SCT X4, i know i need that to upload the tunes, but the question was more related to the monitoring on the ethanol level... like can i do that with the sct? do i need an ngauge? etc...

i was checking other options and found this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Innovate-3...704383?hash=item2f0fc0013f:g:HTQAAOSwkZhWTnCa

to me, it make sense to buy the nguage if you don't have a tuner, but already having the sct, i don't wanna expend the extra 300-400 trumps...

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
yeah i have an SCT X4, i know i need that to upload the tunes, but the question was more related to the monitoring on the ethanol level... like can i do that with the sct? do i need an ngauge? etc...

i was checking other options and found this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Innovate-3...704383?hash=item2f0fc0013f:g:HTQAAOSwkZhWTnCa

to me, it make sense to buy the nguage if you don't have a tuner, but already having the sct, i don't wanna expend the extra 300-400 trumps...
Not sure if SCT supports that but I do know that ALCH_PCT PID is only enabled and available with Flex Tunes. I run E85 tune only so I only fill my car with E85 from the same station that I regularly test with a kit. I looked all thru my NGauge and there is no ALCH_PCT PID available on mine. Just ask your tuner.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if SCT supports that but I do know that ALCH_PCT PID is only enabled and available with Flex Tunes. I run E85 tune only so I only fill my car with E85 from the same station that I regularly test with a kit. I looked all thru my NGauge and there is no ALCH_PCT PID available on mine. Just ask your tuner.
i'm gonna go directly with LUND

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Is Lund the only company that offers flex fuel tunes for 2018+ mustangs? I checked PBD and VMP but didn’t see an option for flex fuel, they just had e85 tunes.
Lund and Palm Beach Dyno offer E85 Flex Fuel tunes! Shoot me a message if you have any questions or would like to place an order from us here at @LethalPerformance!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
You need a device for loading tunes etc. Whether its Nguage or SCT is just preference.
Sponsored