Unleashed Flex Fuel Tune

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
Unleashed aka Torrie used to tune my V6 and that thing ran great. Recently I've upgraded to GT and now its time to shop around for the FF tune. Only decent option I was able to find is Lund, until yesterday I emailed Torrie and he confirmed that he can do FF tune as well and his price was VERY reasonable as well. So my quesiton is, does anyone using Unleashed FF tune? If yes, how do you like it? I'd appreciate any feedback :cheers:
Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I have been running AED gt350 im/tb FF idle lope tune for a while now. Pulls like a beast and has 0 drivability issues.

You also don't have to wait "10 business days" for a reply.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I have been running AED gt350 im/tb FF idle lope tune for a while now. Pulls like a beast and has 0 drivability issues.

Does AED supply ff tune as well?

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yes, but he requires you to upgrade to 47# injectors. He won't do a FF tune with the stock injectors (atleast that's what he posted on svtperf)
I wouldnt either after logging my IPW at 0.85 PE lambda on 93 it's almost 13ms at some points and E-85 would be 25% longer. I'd do 52lb 2013 GT500 injectors if I ever get E-85 near me.

Sponsored

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I wouldnt either after logging my IPW at 0.85 PE lambda on 93 it's almost 13ms at some points and E-85 would be 25% longer. I'd do 52lb 2013 GT500 injectors if I ever get E-85 near me.
^ This is correct. On the stock injectors you would run out of fuel really fast, you would essential end up having the injectors open 100% of the time and still not be able to supply enough fuel.

If Term2's 13ms is correct, than that is around 75% duty cycle at 7,000rpm, 81% duty cycle for 7,500rpm.

If you wanted to run e85 with a ethanol percentage of 85%, you would be increasing fuel demand by 30%. This will push you to 97-98% duty cycle at 7,000rpm, and put you well over 100% at 7,500rpm. This gives you little to no control over the injectors.

To the OP, upgrading to 47's will help you tremendously, or you could do what I do and go with a flex fuel tune on stock injectors and keep your mixes to 50% or below. This won't tax the stock fuel system as much and you can reap most of the benefits from the high octane.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Is this with a Lund 93 tune? If so, I wonder why Lund doesn't recommend higher capacity injectors for the FF fune?

Also, does anyone know what the stock fuel injector rating is (lb/hr)?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

I got responses within less then 24hrs. More lund hating from you like usual. In my opinion thats ballsy when shaun is a clown and prick to his customers. :lol: He has told customers that their cars "arent performers" and after fixed by lund and being a performer, the customers tells Shaun that it was his tune, he then treats them even worse. Yeah great guy.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
^ This is correct. On the stock injectors you would run out of fuel really fast, you would essential end up having the injectors open 100% of the time and still not be able to supply enough fuel.

If Term2's 13ms is correct, than that is around 75% duty cycle at 7,000rpm, 81% duty cycle for 7,500rpm.

If you wanted to run e85 with a ethanol percentage of 85%, you would be increasing fuel demand by 30%. This will push you to 97-98% duty cycle at 7,000rpm, and put you well over 100% at 7,500rpm. This gives you little to no control over the injectors.

To the OP, upgrading to 47's will help you tremendously, or you could do what I do and go with a flex fuel tune on stock injectors and keep your mixes to 50% or below. This won't tax the stock fuel system as much and you can reap most of the benefits from the high octane.
Running 97-98% duty cycle isnt as big of a deal as some make it out to be. Ive ran higher than that on my dd subies for years. Zero issues. Infact ive done it on the 4 sti's ive owned, almost 750k miles between all if them, no engines have blown up ever, or especially due to fueling issues.

Sponsored

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
Is this with a Lund 93 tune? If so, I wonder why Lund doesn't recommend higher capacity injectors for the FF fune?

Also, does anyone know what the stock fuel injector rating is (lb/hr)?
Stock injectors are rated 36lb/hr at 43.5 psi . They are 43.9@64 psi in the stock tune

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I got responses within less then 24hrs. More lund hating from you like usual. In my opinion thats ballsy when shaun is a clown and prick to his customers. :lol: He has told customers that their cars "arent performers" and after fixed by lund and being a performer, the customers tells Shaun that it was his tune, he then treats them even worse. Yeah great guy.
Whoa! Lund hating?! I do not dislike lund tunes....
Lund is a great tuner, but is not the only option out there.
I was actually about to go with a lund tune before I heard aed started r&d on the 15+ A6.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Running 97-98% duty cycle isnt as big of a deal as some make it out to be. Ive ran higher than that on my dd subies for years. Zero issues. Infact ive done it on the 4 sti's ive owned, almost 750k miles between all if them, no engines have blown up ever, or especially due to fueling issues.
Not saying it won't run, but a injector that has gone static has lost all of it's control over fuel delivery.
Sponsored