Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Any Bama Flex Fuel tune users here?

I'm currently Lund tuned with the Flex Fuel but also have the free tunes for life from Bama so I thought I'd try theirs too. My Lund tune is getting a little jumpy and lurchy in light throttle situations. And I've been getting slight hesitation at low RPMs so I thought I'd try Bamas tune just cuz it's free.

What can you tell me about the Bama FF tune? Any issues you've experienced?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

I'm currently Lund tuned with the Flex Fuel but also have the free tunes for life from Bama so I thought I'd try theirs too. My Lund tune is getting a little jumpy and lurchy in light throttle situations. And I've been getting slight hesitation at low RPMs so I thought I'd try Bamas tune just cuz it's free.

Ask Lund for a linear driver demand table. I did that with Livernois and so much better. It keeps all the responsiveness but gives you what you expect when you push the pedal down a specific amount.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I have a Bama ff tune I've had it since August of last year. No real issues after a few dozen revisions. I did have a similar issue with the low-power at low RPMs but after having torque management revised a few times it took care of it. I don't know why you wouldn't just have your lund tune revised. If you already paid for a Bama tune it wouldn't hurt to get one revised to your liking but I doubt it's going to come anywhere near what lunds going to do for you.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Ask Lund for a linear driver demand table. I did that with Livernois and so much better. It keeps all the responsiveness but gives you what you expect when you push the pedal down a specific amount.
That's what I am thinking. It may be that the throttle tables are too sensitive.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I didn't know people still used Bama

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm having trouble reproducing my issues with the Lund tune. Sometimes it is lurch-ey and sometimes not. It engine brakes at unexpected times. And it seems to hesitate in 2nd gear around 1800 RPM. Once it's past 2000 RPM it's good and fairly smooth. But very light throttle situations at low RPMs it doesn't drive good. It's very hard though to capture it because it doesn't do it every time.

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I question a tuner that needs to do a dozen or more revisions on a bolt on vehicle. I guess I'm spoiled with AED where he gets it right after 1-2.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
^^^^^^^ I've had the same experience with AED and Lund with Dakota.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having trouble reproducing my issues with the Lund tune. Sometimes it is lurch-ey and sometimes not. It engine brakes at unexpected times. And it seems to hesitate in 2nd gear around 1800 RPM. Once it's past 2000 RPM it's good and fairly smooth. But very light throttle situations at low RPMs it doesn't drive good. It's very hard though to capture it because it doesn't do it every time.
In my case, the initial tune only felt lurch-ey when the engine was cold. After that it was easy to modulate and be smooth, but still too strong in low RPM relative to the input I was giving.

Slater_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cali, 2016 GT premium

Have you data logged your Lund tune and gotten a revision? Or are you still on your initial start up tune?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
In my case, the initial tune only felt lurch-ey when the engine was cold. After that it was easy to modulate and be smooth, but still too strong in low RPM relative to the input I was giving.
Mine isn't definitely lurchey when cold. Once up to temp it's much better. Sometimes it drives fine but other times I find it annoying. It almost like the engine stumbles a bit then...goes. Or if I am in that 1500-2000 RPM range and let off the gas I get a slight buck. But it's not reproducing like this every time. And high air intake temps I think also seem to exacerbate the issues.

I can see the throttle tables are definitely accelerated because I can see my vacuum gauge go very low sometimes at even light throttle 4th or 5th gear. And then it slowly climbs back up once speed stabilizes. It must be opening the throttle body more than I am inputting with the gas pedal. And like I said it applies engine braking at unexpected times. I let off the gas and the ECU will continue to command throttle to keep AF ratio constant and then all of the sudden it will go into engine braking. The Bama tunes I've had into the past would allow the engine to go right into engine braking immediately once letting off the throttle. One of things I like about theLund tune is it's much more responsive on/off throttle. Easy to pass people. But the drive by wire or electronic throttle control is not dialed into my liking. It should drive smoother than this IMO.

So I'm hoping to figure this out. 12 revisions for an FFtune from Bama sounds crazy! No way should it take that many revisions. I do intend on trying it since I have it. But I want 93 octane in there to load up the tune with in case any issues arise and I need to abort. I've loaded the Lund FF tune once with E85 already in the tank prior to- Do not do this. It will make the engine rev erratically as it tries to figure out what fuel is in it and how to idle properly. Thankfully it didn't hurt anything but it did scare me.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Have you data logged your Lund tune and gotten a revision? Or are you still on your initial start up tune?
Yes I have gotten a revision awhileback. I'm now off the original warranty /datalogging period and onto the additional 3 month revision period. It's like $50, I figure it's worth it. I mean - I cant expect them to work on my car perpetually for free.

Although my Bama FF tune was free. And I've had several tunes from them already so I've gotten more than my $'s worth. When I did run the Bama tunes- I liked them. And I like the Lund tune as well. But I feel like itneeds additional seasoning.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Bama does not tune VCT or torque management without asking for it to be tuned, Bama loves there spark too much at times, get passed around like a dirty tampon from tuner to tuner causing issues in the tune. Good luck with BAMA tune if you have no patience.
Sponsored