ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Let’s just simplify:

GT500 = GT3 RS > ZL1 1LE.

There. That wasn’t so hard.
I'd have to see a ZLE beat a GT3RS to believe it (equal drivers, same day, etc), but laptimes can be crazy sometimes.
Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
why would accept a "street" dragstrip run, but then disqualify a makeshift route around my neighborhood? are they both not "real world street" times?
The 11.4 number was confirmed by 11.4 number matches the testing that Car and Driver got on an unprepped surface that runs in both directions to cancel out wind numbers. That number comes from anwhere from 15-50 runs over the course of an afternoon to pull the best numbers that car can pull on that surface. Car and Driver only uses two surfaces for their testing that are both flat. One in LA and one in Detroit. Using the same criteria they pulled 11.7 out of the ZL1 1LE.

Maybe the GT500 is faster on a prepped surface, but with consistent practices Car and Driver proved that the gap is 3 tenths of a second. GT500 is still faster though. I'm not comparing numbers that "some guy from the internet ran", I'm comparing testing numbers verified in a more scientific manner than the dragstrip runs even are as they cancel out the wind's effects by running both directions.

You can listen to Jason Cammisa talk about magazine testing conditions and how Car and Driver gets their numbers here if you don't believe me.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
This is not the fact, it's why trying to have an actual objective conversation with you is pointless.

You (of course) missed the comment regarding " on Cup 2R's ". The 3RS earlier test was on standard cup 2's, which are 2+ seconds slower!

I've tried to be objective... Because I appreciate competition continuing to advance our automotive choices.

You almost admitted it, I'll take that as progress on your part, nice work.

Dave
so you agree, same tires same day same driver same track, gt3rs were identical.. and you think the zle would have performed the same?

im asking simple questions, not sure why it takes you 30 responses with paragraphs about abstract realities in each, to get to your answer

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The 11.4 number was confirmed by 11.4 number matches the testing that Car and Driver got on an unprepped surface that runs in both directions to cancel out wind numbers. That number comes from anwhere from 15-50 runs over the course of an afternoon to pull the best numbers that car can pull on that surface. Car and Driver only uses two surfaces for their testing that are both flat. One in LA and one in Detroit. Using the same criteria they pulled 11.7 out of the ZL1 1LE.

Maybe the GT500 is faster on a prepped surface, but with consistent practices Car and Driver proved that the gap is 3 tenths of a second. GT500 is still faster though. I'm not comparing numbers that "some guy from the internet ran", I'm comparing testing numbers verified in a more scientific manner than the dragstrip runs even are as they cancel out the wind's effects by running both directions.

You can listen to Jason Cammisa talk about magazine testing conditions and how Car and Driver gets their numbers here if you don't believe me.

then you also accept the makeshift roadcourse thats setup in a neighborhood to test the track #s, correct?

agian, show me a timeslip. not a gps based version that could be innaccurate and not allowed by the ENTIRE drag racing community as a valid statistic

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
GT3 RS has done a 6:56s at the ring. But what's weird is the C8 stingray only did a 7:28s...

Sponsored

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1, 2018 3.5 F-150, 2004 MSM
so you agree, same tires same day same driver same track, gt3rs were identical.. and you think the zle would have performed the same?

im asking simple questions, not sure why it takes you 30 responses with paragraphs about abstract realities in each, to get to your answer
That's what we want to find out! We know the GT500 is faster in the straights already.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
then you also accept the makeshift roadcourse thats setup in a neighborhood to test the track #s, correct?

agian, show me a timeslip. not a gps based version that could be innaccurate and not allowed by the ENTIRE drag racing community as a valid statistic
If both cars are tested in the same method using the same tools then the numbers are comparable to one another. Just like dyno's. Change the variables and the measurements are no longer valid for comparison. If you setup a course around your neighborhood block and measure both cars using the same method then those are comparable too. That's how science works...If the tool is inaccurate then it's inaccurate for both so it's still useful for comparison between both vehicles.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If the tool is inaccurate then it's inaccurate for both so it's still useful for comparison between both vehicles.
GPS tools have a resolution problem. Even small error bars yield "huge" differences in so-called results. I'll repeat what I said some time back (this thread?) who cares about 0.2 second, hell 0.5 seconds one way or the other? Is it really a factor in your choice to spend money on one car vs another?

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
GPS tools have a resolution problem. Even small error bars yield "huge" differences in so-called results. I'll repeat what I said some time back (this thread?) who cares about 0.2 second, hell 0.5 seconds one way or the other? Is it really a factor in your choice to spend money on one car vs another?
Agreed, but when a magazine like Car and Driver uses the system they repeat the test multiple multiple times, not 3, but closer to 20-30. This eliminates variables and allows them to determine what the car is really capable of. Any minor discrepancies with data read outs that aren't repeatable are thrown out as errors. If the car goes 11.1 one time, but 11.4 10 times and then 11.8 twice they settle on the 11.4 being the real number and that that other numbers were either bad runs or measurement errors. Given that they're doing this on an unprepped surface these numbers are probably still better than what real owners would be able to immediately replicate on demand in a one and done scenario.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Don’t forget for everyday driving the ZL1 1LE rides like a Dump Truck.
Hey, what about the people that drive a dump truck for a living? I have ridden in a dump truck, it will shake so many teeth loose it would make a kid's tooth fairy really busy.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Hey, what about the people that drive a dump truck for a living? I have ridden in a dump truck, it will shake so many teeth loose it would make a kid's tooth fairy really busy.
It rides like a race car. Very fun, but not for everyone.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Great comments and good debate here.

FWIW, Multimatic does not do aftermarket.Their software engineers are contracted by the builder to design/fabricate spool valve dampers for specifically targeted performance objectives.
But you can buy the MultiMatic suspension from GM for the Camaro aftermarket.

upload_2020-1-20_17-32-31.png

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
And YouTube is even funnier, more heated, more name-calling, etc. Why is it when you meet guys at Cars-n-Coffee, the dragstrip, auto-cross, or just a car gathering, there is no name calling and all of the other BS that takes place on the internet???
It is the same reason people have road rage because they are protected by their car and can run. When you are face to face, you would get your ass kicked.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
If both cars are tested in the same method using the same tools then the numbers are comparable to one another. Just like dyno's. Change the variables and the measurements are no longer valid for comparison. If you setup a course around your neighborhood block and measure both cars using the same method then those are comparable too. That's how science works...If the tool is inaccurate then it's inaccurate for both so it's still useful for comparison between both vehicles.
Agreed, but when a magazine like Car and Driver uses the system they repeat the test multiple multiple times, not 3, but closer to 20-30. This eliminates variables and allows them to determine what the car is really capable of. Any minor discrepancies with data read outs that aren't repeatable are thrown out as errors. If the car goes 11.1 one time, but 11.4 10 times and then 11.8 twice they settle on the 11.4 being the real number and that that other numbers were either bad runs or measurement errors. Given that they're doing this on an unprepped surface these numbers are probably still better than what real owners would be able to immediately replicate on demand in a one and done scenario.
so show me a slip.. the thing that is absoloutley 100% required .

dont you find it odd that they will spend thousands of dollars on equipment man hours of testing and wear and tear to do a test that 100% useless.. vs spending a few hundred to head to an IHRA/NHRA dragstrip , since the test is literally for 1/4 mile performance? they leave out important factors of the 1/4 mile.. it bafles me..

show me a slip, thats all. a slip. then we will talk 1/4 mile. A TIME SLIP

But you can buy the MultiMatic suspension from GM for the Camaro aftermarket.

upload_2020-1-20_17-32-31.png
careful.. to the dodge boys, thats "stock"..
Sponsored