You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
This one was recommended to me by Tob (@Epiphany). It has a good lift height and some additional safety features.

Bend Pak Low Rise P6
BendPak Low-Rise Pit-Style Car Lift P-6

bendpak-p-6b-open-center-pit-lift.png
Tob,
It looks like you can also drive up on it and lift one end or the other with the wheels on the lift.

If you read the description. it says both sides must be bolted to the floor. This is a deal breaker for most people, and why I recommended the Quick Jack. I have used one, they are great, and will fill most peoples needs.

BendPak makes good stuff though, I love my 2 post asymmetrical Bendpak lift.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Just note, you don't really need rails / pads / whatever to protect pinch welds. They do not need to be protected, they're meant to be used and are designed to be used as jacking points. Millions of cars every day are being lifted by the pinch welds and they're fine. In fact my '65 Mustang is as well.

(I used pads to prevent Quickjack's rubber blocks from cracking - for the record).

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just note, you don't really need rails / pads / whatever to protect pinch welds. They do not need to be protected, they're meant to be used and are designed to be used as jacking points. Millions of cars every day are being lifted by the pinch welds and they're fine. In fact my '65 Mustang is as well.

(I used pads to prevent Quickjack's rubber blocks from cracking - for the record).
Correct, but they are also good to create space between the lift and rocker panels. Check out my pictures above, I now have the clearance to not damage the ground effects AND keep my pinch welds in perfect shape. If not for anything else but not ruining the paint and allowing rust to settle in.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I had a lift in my old house, but mine was a 4 post lift. I seen these when I bought my second vette, but felt very uncomfortable with them, and for the pricing, I figured I'd rather spend the extra $900 and get a 4 post. I look at it this way, if the quick jack is only going to raise your car that little and you still have to be on your back, might as well get a 4 post, think about it, you ceiling has to be higher then 7ft, why not get a 4 post and be a bit more comfortable sitting, or better leverage. I got mine for $2500 installed, and it came with wheels so if I wanted to move it I could.

www.liftsplusdepot.com

2014-06-24 19.47.23.jpg
Just my 2c.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a lift in my old house, but mine was a 4 post lift. I seen these when I bought my second vette, but felt very uncomfortable with them, and for the pricing, I figured I'd rather spend the extra $900 and get a 4 post. I look at it this way, if the quick jack is only going to raise your car that little and you still have to be on your back, might as well get a 4 post, think about it, you ceiling has to be higher then 7ft, why not get a 4 post and be a bit more comfortable sitting, or better leverage. I got mine for $2500 installed, and it came with wheels so if I wanted to move it I could.

www.liftsplusdepot.com

2014-06-24 19.47.23.jpg
Just my 2c.

I also have a 4 post lift, and love it. I got it mostly to store my mustang for the winter, but I did get a rolling jack for it so I can also use it to work on my vehicles. Paid $1,800 for it, the rolling jack was $600 and I installed it myself. It also came with casters to move it around, but it I will more than likely never move it.
Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 1.21.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 1.24.10 PM.png

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I also have a 4 post lift, and love it. I got it mostly to store my mustang for the winter, but I did get a rolling jack for it so I can also use it to work on my vehicles. Paid $1,800 for it, the rolling jack was $600 and I installed it myself. It also came with casters to move it around, but it I will more than likely never move it.
Agreed I never moved it either, but it was nice to have in case, Mine wasn't bolted to the ground either. Just feel safer working on a 4 post then those quick jacks. Just like your truck in the first pic might not be able to stand under it due to the ceiling, but still cant sit or kneel under it in a semi-upright position.

Again personal preference.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
My problem is that I have an 8 foot ceiling with hanging light fixtures..

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Just my 2c.
If you were using the lift to do actual work rather than storage, you wouldn't ask this question (or had to get additional rolling jacks for it). 4 post is quite useless for many things - wheel changes, any work that requires wheels removed (suspension to begin with) and restricts your access to significant area of the car.

Better alternative for Quickjack is 2 post lift - which I considered (my ceiling is 11ft and I have 4 bay garage), would have to reinforce concrete to install it and don't see myself taking engine / transmission out - everything else can easily do on a Quickjack.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed I never moved it either, but it was nice to have in case, Mine wasn't bolted to the ground either. Just feel safer working on a 4 post then those quick jacks. Just like your truck in the first pic might not be able to stand under it due to the ceiling, but still cant sit or kneel under it in a semi-upright position.

Again personal preference.
I can say with certainty the quick jacks work great, and are without a doubt safe. Also, they get the tires off the ground for easy removal for rotations, and working on suspension.

I think it’s height clearance that is the main reason for people to get the quick jack. They could, like you, get the 4 post and it will get you higher off the ground and with the added roller jack, be able to pull tires off. Only “negative”, if you will, is it will always be there and will be driven on, where the quick jacks store up against a wall and out of the way when not used.

Can’t go wrong either way. There’s more than one way to skin a cat.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If you read the description. it says both sides must be bolted to the floor. This is a deal breaker for most people, and why I recommended the Quick Jack. I have used one, they are great, and will fill most peoples needs.

BendPak makes good stuff though, I love my 2 post asymmetrical Bendpak lift.
I know the description well. I installed mine 3 years ago. The deal breaker for me is safety, not portability. Having inspected a QJ up close, welds, etc, I didn't want to use it to support a car or truck over my head/body while I worked underneath. Portability is nice on low budget units used to do brake work, pull the wheels, etc, but should be trumped by a factor of safety that heavily favors anyone going underneath. Something to consider if you never seriously plan on traveling anywhere with your QJ. Their are also flush mount low and medium rise units that can be installed in a pocketed floor that project no higher than the floor surface unless activated. Very slick for new builds or refurbished garage floors.

My problem is that I have an 8 foot ceiling with hanging light fixtures..
Then go with a low or medium rise.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know the description well. I installed mine 3 years ago. The deal breaker for me is safety, not portability. Having inspected a QJ up close, welds, etc, I didn't want to use it to support a car or truck over my head/body while I worked underneath. Portability is nice on low budget units used to do brake work, pull the wheels, etc, but should be trumped by a factor of safety that heavily favors anyone going underneath. Something to consider if you never seriously plan on traveling anywhere with your QJ. Their are also flush mount low and medium rise units that can be installed in a pocketed floor that project no higher than the floor surface unless activated. Very slick for new builds or refurbished garage floors.

Then go with a low or medium rise.
I am not arguing Bendpak's quality, I have one and love it. I can appreciate your concerns, but to imply the Quick Jack is not safe is not accurate. There is no reason that people should not consider it, it's a great product, and it serves a purpose.

Disclosure: I do not work, nor have I ever worked for Quick Jack. I have never owned one, only used, and worked under one personally.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks to everyone and I'm gonna bet, based on the size of QJ and how many units they must sell, they HAVE to have legal counsel. Assuming they do, I would also bet that the units are as safe as anything else if used correctly. The exposure of liability is just too great.

But being ultra-cautious, I plan to use four jack stands in addition to the QJ. That will give me the piece of mind to get under her. For body work rolling around on a stool polishing, the QJ should be more than adequate me thinks.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Never heard about QJ failing and given how popular they are, it would highly publicized in today's world. Having said that - I was initially putting jackstand underneath it, anytime I was getting underneath the car. Not anymore... And I've used probably more than 100 times easily (wheel changes through the entire season, oil changes, suspension work and so on). My car recently spent week and half on it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Never heard about QJ failing and given how popular they are, it would highly publicized in today's world. Having said that - I was initially putting jackstand underneath it, anytime I was getting underneath the car. Not anymore... And I've used probably more than 100 times easily (wheel changes through the entire season, oil changes, suspension work and so on). My car recently spent week and half on it.
They have safety stops, much like 2 & 4 post lifts. They really are safe.
Sponsored