Sponsored

Your Favorite Portable Lift

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm surprised I haven't seen the Kwik-Lift mentioned in this thread. Bought mine about a year ago and love it. Gives you full access to the entirety of the bottom of the car. And if you want to do any suspension work, no problem on that end either because it includes a center lift bridge:

https://www.kwik-lift.com/

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised I haven't seen the Kwik-Lift mentioned in this thread. Bought mine about a year ago and love it. Gives you full access to the entirety of the bottom of the car. And if you want to do any suspension work, no problem on that end either because it includes a center lift bridge:

This is a pretty slick setup. I have never seen this one before.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Never had an issue or felt unsafe using my Quick Jack. I do put jack stands under the unit, for added safety when I use it. If i remember correctly it's designed and built by Bendpak.
Getting under it with a creeper allows me to do all of my maintenance and modifications to my vehicles except engine & transmission removal.
It's really easy to use and literally paid for itself in the last year that I've owned it.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I am not arguing Bendpak's quality, I have one and love it. I can appreciate your concerns, but to imply the Quick Jack is not safe is not accurate. There is no reason that people should not consider it, it's a great product, and it serves a purpose.
I absolutely stand by what I said. I worked in industry for three decades and witnessed plenty of failures that were not supposed to have occurred. Most of the time they were user error but I've also been there when mechanical breakdowns caused injury. I told you that I wasn't impressed with the fabrication I saw. If you take the time to sift through the web you'll find numerous quality complaints among the positive comments regarding fitment, defective components, etc. This isn't limited to QJ, of that I am acutely aware.

I implied nothing more than what I said. If you or somebody else is content then good for you. Having witnessed incidents in industry, including death, I speak from experience. If you have a reasonable understanding of metallurgy, fabrication techniques, proper engineering (or over engineering in this case) and manufacturing, you have a pretty good idea as to weak points or areas that could use improvement. Every consumer product serves a purpose. That means absolutely nothing when it comes to the potential for failure or injury.

My recommendation with any lift device is to research the company and product, sample a large size of reviews, make sure to never exceed rated limits, and to be constantly aware of any and every mode of failure and how to protect yourself. With that in mind and as I said, portability takes a back seat to safety. In that regard, I'd consider other alternative lifts that offer more in terms of strength if I or other people I care about are going to be beneath a vehicle supported and in the air. And I'm not merely talking about the ability to withstand a given static load.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
2020 QuickJack, LLC, a subsidiary of BendPak Inc.

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This is a pretty slick setup. I have never seen this one before.
Yeah, definitely a sturdy, quality lift.

And the part I love about it the most is that it utilizes no hydraulic or electric components. Just giant slabs of thick gauge steel. Nothing to fail and no complexity.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost

Several friends of mine have Kwik-lifts. They are great if you need to do work on the car with the suspension
loaded. Not so good for wheel swaps and such. Biggest pain is daily parking on them, since they are heavy and
not something you move around.

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
just because BendPak bought them out doesn't mean they comply with the same rigorous QC or engineering choices. The *should* but that doesn't mean much.
For example the angled riser legs are square tube and don't appear to have much in the way of a fish mouth at the weld. I would have instead cut a hole and passed the pivot pin thru it and welded a full circle both inside and outside to support the pin. That way the weld isn't the critical support but just a 'locator'. I don't have one in front of me to examine in detail - just gleaning thru online pics.

The high position of the 'lockout' doesn't look like it'll do a damn thing should there be a hydraulic failure.

Edit. looks like they significantly changed the safety lock system compared to earlier images. the ones in the video make a hell of a lot more sense.

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
The high position of the 'lockout' doesn't look like it'll do a damn thing should there be a hydraulic failure.
? It works, you can disconnect the hydraulic hoses completely for it once it's locked out - which I have done.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
For those who don’t like Quick Jack = don’t buy it.

For those that like it = buy it.

[cheers]
Sponsored