Sponsored

Thinking of buying Steeda Extreme G-Trac K-Brace on my GT 'vert PP1 EU

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
Hi guys!

After having installed by my dealer the Ford Performance Strut Brace from the GT350R (and GT350 with Track Package) to mitigate the shaking when our convertibles step on road joints or slight bumps (this is the most distinguished difference I have notice on moving from my Eco Fastback to my new-to-me GT 'vert), I am thinking of also installing the Steeda Extreme G-Trac K-Brace.

https://es.steeda.eu.com/coleccione...ctos/steeda-s550-mustang-extreme-g-trac-brace

Thoughts anyone?

My GT Convertible is a manual trans EU specs (with PP1). Will it be a direct bolt-on? Do I have to remove any brace to be replaced with this one?

P.S: any discount codes for Steeda on the forum? :D
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
In the US, PP convertibles get the additional K-Brace (like a PP coupe), assuming yours has the factory part, I'm not sure how much more, if any, you'd gain going aftermarket.

OP
OP
pardoneo

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
In the US, PP convertibles get the additional K-Brace (like a PP coupe), assuming yours has the factory part, I'm not sure how much more, if any, you'd gain going aftermarket.
Just to double check: do you mean an additional K-Brace behind the belly pan or the black K-Brace included in the upper tower strut?

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If you can source one, look into the BMR chassis brace. It's working great on my car, and doesn't hang down as low as the Steeda brace, which has been known to take some damage over tall speed bumps or other obstacles in the roadway. I even put the bolts in through the bottom so the only thing hanging down are the heads of the bolts, maybe 1/2" total with the brace flange.

The BMR brace also appears to be a stronger design since it ties into suspension pickup points directly, though it's probably a bit heavier.

https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1614&superpro=0

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
+1 for the BMR subframe brace.

I have one fitted to my Australian spec GT convertible, so it will 100% bolt up to your UK car.

This combined with J&M jacking rails, made a noticeable difference to cowl shake.

Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I considered the K-Brace, but decided that the larger RSB, jacking rails and the strut tower brace were enough.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have the G-Trac Brace on my convertible - lowered & no issues.

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
+1 for the BMR subframe brace.

I have one fitted to my Australian spec GT convertible, so it will 100% bolt up to your UK car.

This combined with J&M jacking rails, made a noticeable difference to cowl shake.
Would you mind going into a bit more detail about what you noticed with the jacking rails and lower brace?

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02ā€™ 360, 06ā€™ GT, 11ā€™ GT500, 15ā€™ 911, 17ā€™ 350
agreed under the circumstances. Iā€™d do LCA & Panhard bar.

Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02ā€™ 360, 06ā€™ GT, 11ā€™ GT500, 15ā€™ 911, 17ā€™ 350
Panhard bar? You know we're talking about an S550 right?
apparently not lol . Maybe I should be logged into multiple forums at once. 2014 called they want my post back :facepalm:

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Would you mind going into a bit more detail about what you noticed with the jacking rails and lower brace?
Difficult to describe other than to say that it made a big difference to the car, specifically a notable reduction of scuttle shake, almost eliminated vibration through the steering on rough roads and the body feels stiffer when cornering.

People will probably try to call BS on those remarks, as I did when I read someone else posting it on this forum, but I'm glad to have done the mods, it has made it a better car to drive.

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
I've got the Steeda brace coming in tomorrow, and i'm replacing my coilovers with proaction shocks and struts and dual rate springs. So i'm not gonna be too low.

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
Difficult to describe other than to say that it made a big difference to the car, specifically a notable reduction of scuttle shake, almost eliminated vibration through the steering on rough roads and the body feels stiffer when cornering.

People will probably try to call BS on those remarks, as I did when I read someone else posting it on this forum, but I'm glad to have done the mods, it has made it a better car to drive.
Thank you. I think I know where Iā€™m going with the modifications now. Did you install it yourself and if so, was it a straight forward bolt on or are there holes to be drilled and full lift ramps required?

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. I think I know where Iā€™m going with the modifications now. Did you install it yourself and if so, was it a straight forward bolt on or are there holes to be drilled and full lift ramps required?
No drilling required and I did find the install to be fairly straightforward, it was a case of bolt on.

The jacking rails can be done on the ground if you are at stock height, however you would find it easier to use a 4 post lift if you are lowered.

I did the subframe brace on the garage floor with jack stands, however it would be easier in the air.
Sponsored