Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

rr6237

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
He is asking if his 2018 MY GT350 which is one month old is eligible for the track attack. The information for the track attack states it is for 2019 and 2020 MY only.
Yes, this is exactly what I am asking.
Sponsored

rr6237

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Experience in what way? I've got the invite (My 2019 finally delivered end of August) and like others am waiting for it to open. I went in July as a guest of my brother in law. Utah was a great though I have back problems so it was a lot for me to pack into 2 days. Not sure what I'll do this year. One day would be more than enough for me but will see.

With 325 miles before it went into storage I've barely got a feel for my GT350 on street. At Track Attack (and at Indycar driving experiences) I was reminded of my limits and I learned I'm a slower learner and am more cautious than I use to be. I actually enjoyed the autocross type exercises more than the track time - I would need more time to get comfortable with the car and track than I think is practical when the majority of people are ready to give it a proper thrashing. Even though staff says not to bail because of reasons like that (they are super encouraging) there's nothing fun about holding up others or playing catch up in follow the leader. And back pain is really freaking distracting. That's honest - my ego can take it - I'm more the engineer & sunday cruiser than the track driver. They throw the instructor in with you end of the day rather than early so that seemed kind of backwards when I really couldn't relate the amazing capabilities of the car and have no regular track experience (even now after 1-2 days of Track Attack I wouldn't count my seat time as experience - I never got to that comfort point). I supposed that If I were wealthy I'd hire an instructor to walk me through more at my pace and build - to push me more - break my conservative street leanings and pack more fun into shorter time until I feel like I can't hold me core tight for much longer....then with some accomplished kick back & watch others & enjoy the next outing. That would be my perfect day. Having said all that - it was fun - its good to push yourself and these cars. The hot lap with a pro is the best part of it all - ask for 10 out of 10 and you'll see whats possible with related skill.
Got it.
If this helps - my Brother in law & I went in July on his 2017's VIN (he bought it new but obviously as old stock in early 2018 I think). Ultimately Rick will find out when he calls them. Getting a space is usually tough - they told us at TA that only 15% of owners get to go. It seems unlikely that anyone in the 2019 classes could have been there on a 2019 VIN because of the 2019 production delays & that track attack sells out in Jan I think. We tried getting a date 1st week January and were already kicked out to July (which in Utah was hot but dry so not as bad as it sounded) - they only ran to October or use to and I imagine Utah has a longer drier season(s) than sub-tropical Charlotte will have. But what do I know....this is the 1st year relocated to the east coast so who knows how it will go. So since 2020's started production on time this year there may be even more competition for spaces. Plus GT500's TA experiences have to pull some resources from the pool.

I don't think if Rick's 2018 was sold with Track Attack as part of the deal (it use to be on the window sticker before 2019) that they can deny it on any basis other than 1st some 1st serve or the usual req that it has to be within one year of the purchase which means the 2020 seasons for him.
You received an actual inventation?

rr6237

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Got it.
If this helps - my Brother in law & I went in July on his 2017's VIN (he bought it new but obviously as old stock in early 2018 I think). Ultimately Rick will find out when he calls them. Getting a space is usually tough - they told us at TA that only 15% of owners get to go. It seems unlikely that anyone in the 2019 classes could have been there on a 2019 VIN because of the 2019 production delays & that track attack sells out in Jan I think. We tried getting a date 1st week January and were already kicked out to July (which in Utah was hot but dry so not as bad as it sounded) - they only ran to October or use to and I imagine Utah has a longer drier season(s) than sub-tropical Charlotte will have. But what do I know....this is the 1st year relocated to the east coast so who knows how it will go. So since 2020's started production on time this year there may be even more competition for spaces. Plus GT500's TA experiences have to pull some resources from the pool.

I don't think if Rick's 2018 was sold with Track Attack as part of the deal (it use to be on the window sticker before 2019) that they can deny it on any basis other than 1st some 1st serve or the usual req that it has to be within one year of the purchase which means the 2020 seasons for him.
I am sure they can deny in any basis, which would stink. The literature I received states that every new GT 350 purchase includes the Track Attack experience.

Guess I’ll know for sure when I call. Thank you for the input.

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Do they let you take traction control off?
It isn't suggested, they suggest being in Sport Mode (as an in case something happens measure).

I received my band new 2018 GT350, for Christmas this year. Guess today I need to say last year, 2019. The just noticed that the literature in the customer supplement box, states I qualify for the Track Attack experience. The register webpage states 2019 and 2020 only.

I will call tomorrow, but does anyone have any firsthand experience similar to mine?
I had the same experience (buying a 2017 in 2019) and the website saying 2018 and 2019. I called the number and got setup for the Track Day prior to my invitation arriving.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
2020 Registration is Open!

Only four Two-Day classes this year - call quickly!

Make sure you have your VIN, credit card, purchase date and dealership, and the dates you're interested in.

If you get VM, leave a message!

She's calling back people in order.

Good luck!

435-277-7333

980-296-3305

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Cant make up my mind to go to Charlotte since I did the Utah track attack in 2016?

I just dont see Charlotte as being as much fun.

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
Right there with you. With COTA being down the road, it's hard to get excited over a Roval..

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
Are the vouchers for track attack transferrable?

Sponsored

MRXC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2018 Expedition Max, 2017 F-150 4x4
-
2020 Registration is Open!

Make sure you have your VIN, credit card, purchase date and dealership, and the dates you're interested in.

If you get VM, leave a message!

She's calling back people in order.

Good luck!

435-277-7333

980-296-3305
RJay; do you know the dates for those four events?

ADDGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Straight to voicemail with the provided numbers. Called a few times today with no luck. Left messages with both numbers.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
If you're considering the Two-Day Course on 04/29-05/01 a word of advice:

There is some big concert scheduled for that weekend and the host hotel has been booked solid for months.

Obviously there are other hotels, and maybe FP is making some arrangements for a corporate rate elsewhere, but lodging will probably be a little more of a PITA than normal.

YMMV.