Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I got a couple of questions since I go on 10/13-10/14
1. Can your bring your own gopros?
2. If u can where are u allowed to mount them?
3. What do the guest you bring get to do? Are they able to go out on the track with you?
Thanks guys
1) Yes.
2) They don't like external mounts (they can fall off) and for internal you're not allowed to stick them on anything they own. So make sure you have a secure clamp that you could clip somewhere in car. This is the last of the days at UMC and the whole deal is expensive & there's a lot to process going to & from car & classes etc so IMHO its worth paying for their in-car multi-camera & telemetry setup (make sure you take your USB fob with you for hot laps in the car the instructor is driving for that part). Their cameras are windshield view and one aimed at you from the passenger A-pillar.
3) Depends - are they a driving guest or attending as a non driving guest? If the former they do EVERYTHING you do & will be placed behind you in a race prep'd Mustang GT that is no slouch. My back was & is problematic so they made sure I was comfortable and for day-2 I was achey so I did only a little driving to try the west track - more observing & still did the hot-lap which is a must do.
If the later and they are a non driving guest they will be in class with you, at banquet & lunch, can go with you for the track tours/instruction, and get to ride for the hot-lap with the instructor driving a GT350. They cannot sit shotgun with you if thats what you were wondering. During things like open track time or follow the leader's line sessions they can watch you from the stands or hang out in the garage - they are pretty well taken care of by the staff - that is true in general - they are outstanding hosts. That being said it is a race track in the desert so there is not a lot to do out there on site if they're not into watching & hanging with you when its practical.

UMC is beautiful. Have fun. I went in July as my brother in law's guest - my 2019 GT350 was built 2 weeks later so I owe him now with either my spot or as a guest.
Sponsored

zjgross1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150 Lightning
I just picked up a 2020 GT350R this past Friday.... Having done the Raptor Assault driving experience in March of '19, which was literally baja driving in the high desert of Utah after a 3 foot snow storm, I was beyond excited to return to Utah and attend the gt350 driving experience. I received word from my dealer yesterday that they are not offering it on the 2020 R, since the track attack logo was not on my window sticker. I cannot believe they aren't providing the experience for 2020 purchasers. I am beyond disappointed. Anyone have any insight as to why and or know if something will be offered in the future?

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
I just picked up a 2020 GT350R this past Friday.... Having done the Raptor Assault driving experience in March of '19, which was literally baja driving in the high desert of Utah after a 3 foot snow storm, I was beyond excited to return to Utah and attend the gt350 driving experience. I received word from my dealer yesterday that they are not offering it on the 2020 R, since the track attack logo was not on my window sticker. I cannot believe they aren't providing the experience for 2020 purchasers. I am beyond disappointed. Anyone have any insight as to why and or know if something will be offered in the future?
According to the 2020 Ford Shelby Order Guide, the Track Attack Program is still considered "Standard Equipment" for the GT350/GT350R/GT500.

The bad news, and I was looking forward to attending in Utah also, is that Track Attack 2020 will be in Charlotte.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Are we registering at the same website as before, now that they are moving to a new place?

I looked into it last month when I bought my R and it was all sold out.

Sponsored

zjgross1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150 Lightning
I spoke with the Utah Racing School the other day, my dealer was mistaken. They are relocating the GT350 Track Attack to Charlotte NC. The 2020MY will be eligible for the experience, they are setting up the website, dates, etc. Registration for 2020 and beyond should go live sometime in December ā€˜19.

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke with the Utah Racing School the other day, my dealer was mistaken. They are relocating the GT350 Track Attack to Charlotte NC. The 2020MY will be eligible for the experience, they are setting up the website, dates, etc. Registration for 2020 and beyond should go live sometime in December ā€˜19.
This is correct. They are relocating to Charlotte.

The 10/13 - 10/14 class I was in was the Final GT350 Track Attack at the UMC Location.

Highly recommend the class to all driving skill levels!

Jossyfilms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2018 orange fury gt350
This is correct. They are relocating to Charlotte.

The 10/13 - 10/14 class I was in was the Final GT350 Track Attack at the UMC Location.

Highly recommend the class to all driving skill levels!
Me to I was there on the day as well lol

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
They'll have a BUNCH of 2019 owners to fit in! The 2019 calendar was already full before most 2019's were even purchased...

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
They'll have a BUNCH of 2019 owners to fit in! The 2019 calendar was already full before most 2019's were even purchased...
Iā€™m one of those 2019 owners that didnā€™t get a chance to go.

Anyone know if as the owner of the previous model year car you get some sort of leg up on every one else when it comes to registering ?

Sponsored

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Iā€™m one of those 2019 owners that didnā€™t get a chance to go.

Anyone know if as the owner of the previous model year car you get some sort of leg up on every one else when it comes to registering ?
Considering that you only have one year to pull that trigger, it only seems fair that prior year owners should get first shot at the 2020 calendar.

That being said, the several times I have called and talked with them, it seems to be strictly first come/first served.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
Considering that you only have one year to pull that trigger, it only seems fair that prior year owners should get first shot at the 2020 calendar.

That being said, the several times I have called and talked with them, it seems to be strictly first come/first served.
Is it one year from the purchase date of the car or one year as within the same calendar year of your carā€™s model year? 2019 calendar year for 2019 model year cars?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
When I was looking to register back in the spring all the dates on the website were full as well. I called them directly and they were able to give me a spot on a day that was not listed online; there was just no second day option. If you cannot register online I suggest calling them.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Is it one year from the purchase date of the car or one year as within the same calendar year of your carā€™s model year? 2019 calendar year for 2019 model year cars?
One year from the date of purchase- the day you signed the paperwork and take possession.

It is first come first serve so stalk the website (daily) to sign up as soon as you can.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Waiting to sign up
Sponsored