BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Got my dates: August 3rd thru 5th. Me and the wife (non-driver 2 day) will be there
Sponsored

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Will be in attendance April 21/22 for the one-day. Possibly bringing a friend, waiting to hear back on if he can make it.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Just signed up my Brother in law for March dates.

I had been to Utah so I passed going to Charlotte.

Hope he enjoys it.

rr6237

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I received my band new 2018 GT350, for Christmas this year. Guess today I need to say last year, 2019. The just noticed that the literature in the customer supplement box, states I qualify for the Track Attack experience. The register webpage states 2019 and 2020 only.

I will call tomorrow, but does anyone have any firsthand experience similar to mine?
I just wanted to follow up regarding my post from January 1. I was able to book the GT350 track attack today using my 2018's vin number. Going March 5 & 6.

Has anyone who has done this in the past purchased the liability insurance they try to sell you?

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted to follow up regarding my post from January 1. I was able to book the GT350 track attack today using my 2018's vin number. Going March 5 & 6.

Has anyone who has done this in the past purchased the liability insurance they try to sell you?
I did back when I went in 2016

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I got confirmation by email for Apr 21-22. Same as you, all I could see in email was "GT350 Track Attack" logo and "Your GT350 Track Attack registration is complete" on the header of email when I view it on my computer. But when I opened this email on my iPhone I saw body of email and confirmation of my registration. Try that.
Same here Len 4/21 (banquet), 4/22 (class/drive). Went for 1 day with guest (my guest is my Brother in law who brought me last July for 2 days). Will see how it goes - my back makes jumping in & out of cars & driving for any duration a crap shoot - given that I'm captain slow and risk averse but I'll do what I can. I figure worse case you meet a bunch of enthusiasts, work with super instructors, and sharpen some skills. Much shorter flight for us east coast guys. Worse worse case I'll let my Bro in law go in my place.

BTW Jill was calling me back yesterday (Monday) as I was leaving my initial 1st message so she's on top of it. She was there in Utah last year too. Was having a lot of trouble getting emails from her until she sent from her account.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Same here Len 4/21 (banquet), 4/22 (class/drive). Went for 1 day with guest (my guest is my Brother in law who brought me last July for 2 days). Will see how it goes - my back makes jumping in & out of cars & driving for any duration a crap shoot - given that I'm captain slow and risk averse but I'll do what I can. I figure worse case you meet a bunch of enthusiasts, work with super instructors, and sharpen some skills. Much shorter flight for us east coast guys. Worse worse case I'll let my Bro in law go in my place.

BTW Jill was calling me back yesterday (Monday) as I was leaving my initial 1st message so she's on top of it. She was there in Utah last year too. Was having a lot of trouble getting emails from her until she sent from her account.
Great! Hope your back will be better for the event. I'm in central NJ and will be driving to Charlotte. Can't wait.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)

Yeah, last summer and this time too. We had one guy in our group go off track early. Its a 7500 deductable but tha
Great! Hope your back will be better for the event. I'm in central NJ and will be driving to Charlotte. Can't wait.
Safe travels Len!

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Classes are filling! Don't delay!

upload_2020-1-16_16-34-54.png

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Buy it, it limits your Deductible Payout to $5,000 in case something crazy happens.

If you have a total loss or something involving another car, I'd hate to even imagine what that bill would be.

It's ~$165 but it's well worth it for the peace of mind.

I know others on here have gone and not purchased the insurance but that's my $.02

Sponsored

rr6237

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Buy it, it limits your Deductible Payout to $5,000 in case something crazy happens.

If you have a total loss or something involving another car, I'd hate to even imagine what that bill would be.

It's ~$165 but it's well worth it for the peace of mind.

I know others on here have gone and not purchased the insurance but that's my $.02
I am guessing they must have had their fair share of claims. The policy price is now over $200, and the deductible is now $7,500.

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I am guessing they must have had their fair share of claims. The policy price is now over $200, and the deductible is now $7,500.
I chose to limit my damage in case something happened and I drove the car as hard as I could knowing I limited my damages ahead of time (few times it got a little sketchy on turns).

Overall, the Experience was a blast!

I hope you enjoy the School!

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Can we use existing car insurance by notifying them about this event?

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350, 19 Expedition, 17 VW Alltrack
Most insurance companies have a clause that nulls your coverage. For example my insurance (USAA) has a list of things like “closed course” and “driving skill improvement” or “demonstrating an automobile’s limits” that all null and void my coverage. Including umbrella policies as it turns out... look into it, don’t assume.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Can we use existing car insurance by notifying them about this event?
I asked about that and what I understand is most policies don't cover it. Just because its a non-licensed car on a race track... Its cheap insurance, just incase something goes wrong
Sponsored