Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

MRXC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2018 Expedition Max, 2017 F-150 4x4
I’m in Africa and get back to TX next week, and my car is waiting for me to pick it up at the dealer...my wife bought it for me last week, but doesn’t want to drive it in case she gets a rock chip, etc before I even see it in person.
I guess I’ll shoot for a July Track Attack date as that is when I’ll be back in the US after returning to Africa in Jan.
Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Patiently waiting for the schedule...

MDM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
M3, F350
I’m in Africa and get back to TX next week, and my car is waiting for me to pick it up at the dealer...my wife bought it for me last week, but doesn’t want to drive it in case she gets a rock chip, etc before I even see it in person.
What a wife! Hats off to you my friend.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Any news on the schedule?

Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Sent an email to them... Supposedly 1st/2nd week of January the schedule should be live. But, I have been checking everyday....

ADDGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I emailed them a few weeks ago asking if they would have more dates for 2020 due to all of the late 2019 deliveries and they stated that they would. I took delivery of my 19 at the end of July and shortly after I started seeing the 2020's arrive :(

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
A wonderful place with wonderful people. Been there twice to do the Octane Academy only wished I could hop in a GT350 there!
drift stick trophy.jpg

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I emailed them a few weeks ago asking if they would have more dates for 2020 due to all of the late 2019 deliveries and they stated that they would. I took delivery of my 19 at the end of July and shortly after I started seeing the 2020's arrive :(
Same except worse because of end of Aug deliv (9 month wait). That being said i did get to do Utah in mid July as a guest - we signed up early Jan for that date.

Sponsored

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
Do they let you take traction control off?

rr6237

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I received my band new 2018 GT350, for Christmas this year. Guess today I need to say last year, 2019. The just noticed that the literature in the customer supplement box, states I qualify for the Track Attack experience. The register webpage states 2019 and 2020 only.

I will call tomorrow, but does anyone have any firsthand experience similar to mine?

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I received my band new 2018 GT350, for Christmas this year. Guess today I need to say last year, 2019. The just noticed that the literature in the customer supplement box, states I qualify for the Track Attack experience. The register webpage states 2019 and 2020 only.

I will call tomorrow, but does anyone have any firsthand experience similar to mine?
Experience in what way? I've got the invite (My 2019 finally delivered end of August) and like others am waiting for it to open. I went in July as a guest of my brother in law. Utah was a great though I have back problems so it was a lot for me to pack into 2 days. Not sure what I'll do this year. One day would be more than enough for me but will see.

With 325 miles before it went into storage I've barely got a feel for my GT350 on street. At Track Attack (and at Indycar driving experiences) I was reminded of my limits and I learned I'm a slower learner and am more cautious than I use to be. I actually enjoyed the autocross type exercises more than the track time - I would need more time to get comfortable with the car and track than I think is practical when the majority of people are ready to give it a proper thrashing. Even though staff says not to bail because of reasons like that (they are super encouraging) there's nothing fun about holding up others or playing catch up in follow the leader. And back pain is really freaking distracting. That's honest - my ego can take it - I'm more the engineer & sunday cruiser than the track driver. They throw the instructor in with you end of the day rather than early so that seemed kind of backwards when I really couldn't relate the amazing capabilities of the car and have no regular track experience (even now after 1-2 days of Track Attack I wouldn't count my seat time as experience - I never got to that comfort point). I supposed that If I were wealthy I'd hire an instructor to walk me through more at my pace and build - to push me more - break my conservative street leanings and pack more fun into shorter time until I feel like I can't hold me core tight for much longer....then with some accomplished kick back & watch others & enjoy the next outing. That would be my perfect day. Having said all that - it was fun - its good to push yourself and these cars. The hot lap with a pro is the best part of it all - ask for 10 out of 10 and you'll see whats possible with related skill.

Last edited:

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Experience in what way?
He is asking if his 2018 MY GT350 which is one month old is eligible for the track attack. The information for the track attack states it is for 2019 and 2020 MY only.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Got it.
If this helps - my Brother in law & I went in July on his 2017's VIN (he bought it new but obviously as old stock in early 2018 I think). Ultimately Rick will find out when he calls them. Getting a space is usually tough - they told us at TA that only 15% of owners get to go. It seems unlikely that anyone in the 2019 classes could have been there on a 2019 VIN because of the 2019 production delays & that track attack sells out in Jan I think. We tried getting a date 1st week January and were already kicked out to July (which in Utah was hot but dry so not as bad as it sounded) - they only ran to October or use to and I imagine Utah has a longer drier season(s) than sub-tropical Charlotte will have. But what do I know....this is the 1st year relocated to the east coast so who knows how it will go. So since 2020's started production on time this year there may be even more competition for spaces. Plus GT500's TA experiences have to pull some resources from the pool.

I don't think if Rick's 2018 was sold with Track Attack as part of the deal (it use to be on the window sticker before 2019) that they can deny it on any basis other than 1st some 1st serve or the usual req that it has to be within one year of the purchase which means the 2020 seasons for him.
Sponsored

Last edited: