OP

19GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
It’s possible during Dealer Prep the new car Detailer removed the foam pads.
I wouldn't be surprised. This Dealer installed my Handling Package camber plates on the wrong sides, leaving small scratches on the shock towers and underside of the hood in the process, plus I found a couple of other blemishes which had to be due to Dealer Prep. Very frustrating...
Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I wouldn't be surprised. This Dealer installed my Handling Package camber plates on the wrong sides, leaving small scratches on the shock towers and underside of the hood in the process, plus I found a couple of other blemishes which had to be due to Dealer Prep. Very frustrating...
This is exactly why I didn’t let my selling dealer prep my car. It went from the show room floor right on to the trailer ! I didn’t even let them put gas in the car.

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350, 19 Expedition, 17 VW Alltrack
I’m just going to ping you guys to find out if anyone came up with a fix? Brand new 20’ with the tail lights rubbing. Went looking for it so it isn’t too bad yet, but definitely through the paint. Less than 500 miles. Maybe some foam or rubber spacers?

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Take the tails off and buff the damaged area and put the lights back on and adjust so it won't run again.

For quality control is absolutely shit.

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
Take the tails off and buff the damaged area and put the lights back on and adjust so it won't run again.

For quality control is absolutely shit.
Thank you sir, I’ll give it a try.

Sponsored

OP
OP

19GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I’m just going to ping you guys to find out if anyone came up with a fix? Brand new 20’ with the tail lights rubbing. Went looking for it so it isn’t too bad yet, but definitely through the paint. Less than 500 miles. Maybe some foam or rubber spacers?
Hi Sletcher,

Sorry to hear you have the same issue as mine. With no other similar complaints posted in this thread, I started to think mine was just a one-off.

My 'fix' is explained in my original post, but I just wanted to add that I did show this to my Dealer, and while he would have been happy to put in a claim for me, he would be personally concerned about paint match since they'd probably end up respraying a larger portion of the area. This was also one of my concerns, so I have opted to look past it for now, since the scratches are pretty difficult to see unless you're looking for them and I'm not really worried about any further degradation. Frustrating for a brand new car, I know, but I'd rather live with this than risk things getting/looking worse.

Hope this helps,
Don

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Hi Sletcher,

Sorry to hear you have the same issue as mine. With no other similar complaints posted in this thread, I started to think mine was just a one-off.

My 'fix' is explained in my original post, but I just wanted to add that I did show this to my Dealer, and while he would have been happy to put in a claim for me, he would be personally concerned about paint match since they'd probably end up respraying a larger portion of the area. This was also one of my concerns, so I have opted to look past it for now, since the scratches are pretty difficult to see unless you're looking for them and I'm not really worried about any further degradation. Frustrating for a brand new car, I know, but I'd rather live with this than risk things getting/looking worse.

Hope this helps,
Don
If you can find a reputable body shop the paint should match. When I had my 16 it had a paint scuff on the lower left side of rear fascia I found after buying it new. The dealership wanted to have there local small body shop repaint the entire rear fascia and put new stripes on it. I was very reluctant but finally gave in. When I got car back it was absolutely perfect. Whether the car was sitting outside in direct sun light or shade the paint was exact match, you would never know it had been repainted. I was amazed.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Just picked up my 2019 from chicago auto pros and the left taillight is touching badly so they gave me felt tape to put around the tail light. They also said mine had the nicest rear bumper fitment theyve seen...they had an R in with terrible gaps.

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
Hi Sletcher,

Hope this helps,
Don
Don,
I share the sentiment about having anyone try and repair the car. Today I was able to fix my gaps with some nylon washers that I picked up at the hardware store. I removed the lamp assemblies and shimmed the bottom thread and was able to almost match the bottom edge of the center panel. It looks a lot nicer and no longer touches. Interestingly the driver’s side took two washers and the passenger side only took one. I’m happy with it and I appreciate everyone’s guidance.
Stu

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
How hard is it to remove the taillights ? Any gremlins I should be on the lookout for when removi them ?

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
3 10mm nuts . You do have to remove the plastic trunk cover in order to access it. Extremely simple.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
3 10mm nuts . You do have to remove the plastic trunk cover in order to access it. Extremely simple.
Thank you Niz.
I’m sure it’ll make sense to me Where to put these nylon washers under the lights when I look at it.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500