OP

5ohdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
you NEED the roll center correction control arms. My car with the sportlines was barely driveable before adding them
Got a link?

And I know; my car is too. I can’t drive hard or aggressively AT ALL without the car wanting to basically do everything I don’t want it to do, oversteer, deflection, etc. Driving in the rain is damn near impossible and straight up unsafe too. Sucks
Sponsored

brl0301

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryce
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Im the minority here i guess lol. Ive had sportlines on my car for 2 years, i dont think they ride bad at all
Ditto. I Also installed the Koni adjustables and Master Motorworks Caster/Camber plates and no issues. Of course it's not a DD and I'm setting it up to run road courses.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Dude your problem are the sportlines. No shocks or bump steer kit or any other mod will fix your issue. Get rid of those springs and you will be fine.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
So, I dropped my car a while ago on the Eibach sportline springs and I’m paying the comfort cons. Here’s what I have so far waiting to go in:

- Koni shocks/struts (non-adjustable, sorry)
- caster camber plates
- bumpsteer kit
- adjustable rear camber bolts

What else should I grab? I know BMR and Steeda offer a few highly recommend items. Help me out! Thank you to whoever replies.
Steeda Progressive springs will give you the low stance without the bad tradeoffs that you get with the Sportlines. Your Konis will match well. You can also consider the Eibach ProKit or BMR performance springs. In any case, absolutely get the roll-center correction control arms.

Lastly, be sure your alignment is well done afterwards; no matter which bits you install, a bad alignment will make driving dangerous and unpredictable.

brl0301

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryce
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost
Dude your problem are the sportlines. No shocks or bump steer kit or any other mod will fix your issue. Get rid of those springs and you will be fine.
Ive been on the sportlines for the last year and they (with supporting mods) handle a hell of a lot better than the stock setup.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
Ive been on the sportlines for the last year and they (with supporting mods) handle a hell of a lot better than the stock setup.
Ditto. I just wonder if the anti Sportline people here have ever had them. My car handles like a slot car. With my Koni adjustables I can change my damping rate and the MM caster camber plates allow for an excellent alignment.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto. I just wonder if the anti Sportline people here have ever had them. My car handles like a slot car. With my Koni adjustables I can change my damping rate and the MM caster camber plates allow for an excellent alignment.
I rode in a car with them and Konis. It sucked compared to what's possible in handling and ride with springs like the BMR handling and Bilstein dampers or FP track dampers. It was harsh and only marginally better handling than stock GT PP.

Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
I rode in a car with them and Konis. It sucked compared to what's possible in handling and ride with springs like the BMR handling and Bilstein dampers or FP track dampers. It was harsh and only marginally better handling than stock GT PP.

Did you actually drive the car and if you did were you on the street or the track? I’m setting my car up to run road courses and so far I’ve been quite happy especially when driving 100 mph+. Maybe comparing BMRs for street is the oranges and Sportlines for the track and high speeds are the apples. Like I said before this car is not my daily driver. The only way to really compare the springs and dampers is to actually drive two cars set up differently otherwise “it sucked” means nothing.

OP
OP

5ohdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Steeda Progressive springs will give you the low stance without the bad tradeoffs that you get with the Sportlines. Your Konis will match well. You can also consider the Eibach ProKit or BMR performance springs. In any case, absolutely get the roll-center correction control arms.

Lastly, be sure your alignment is well done afterwards; no matter which bits you install, a bad alignment will make driving dangerous and unpredictable.
Thanks man. I’ll be visiting Steeda here in Pompano Beach, FL pretty soon (lucky to have their HQ right here locally) and I think they’ll be more inclined to install my stuff if I ask for their springs to be swapped in there as well, lol.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Looking forward to meeting you Picture of our Pompano beach facility work shop area.
Our senior tech has been with us for 32 years and our install tech 20 years. They know the S550.
We will make sure your happy! Team Steeda.

upload_2020-1-4_6-38-49.jpeg

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
I have Sportlines on my 2016.

This is my 4th S550 Mustang - the first with Sportlines and BY FAR the worst driving and handling S550 I've owned.

I tested them (sportlines) myself when they were first released in 2014 and now again 5 years later and my thoughts have not changed.

Linear rate springs with no more than 1.25" drop are what an S550 needs.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Did you actually drive the car and if you did were you on the street or the track? I’m setting my car up to run road courses and so far I’ve been quite happy especially when driving 100 mph+. Maybe comparing BMRs for street is the oranges and Sportlines for the track and high speeds are the apples. Like I said before this car is not my daily driver. The only way to really compare the springs and dampers is to actually drive two cars set up differently otherwise “it sucked” means nothing.
It's just what happens when you lower the ride height that much. It messes up the geometry. Body roll increases, as well as things like steering are affected adversely. In addition, the worsened geometry reduces the camber curve in roll which means worse contact patch, which means less grip. And it is apples and oranges just not in the way you think. BMR handling for street & track and Sportlines for street/wanting to look good with a low stance. I've definitely experienced what happens lowering too much, the front in particular.

The OP can get new roll center adjusted control arms and it'll help. But honestly the Sportlines are just too low and he'd be far better off with a spring dropping 1" or less (preferably less). But even then there's some geometry change you still get which is negative. Which is why I ended up changing springs for a lesser drop and is was much better. Perfect once I put on the control arms. That's why we live and we learn.
Sponsored