5ohdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hello and merry Christmas Eve!

So, I dropped my car a while ago on the Eibach sportline springs and I’m paying the comfort consequences now. Well I have been since the start but lately it’s just been worse. Horrible ride, handling, just general discomfort while driving.

I’m going to be doing a mild suspension upgrade dump to cater to my springs, and am also just going for a better performing, more steering-responsive ride along the way.

I am wondering what all else would be considered “musts” for upping the s550’s suspension. Here’s what I have so far waiting to go in:

- Koni shocks/struts (non-adjustable, sorry)
- caster camber plates
- bumpsteer kit
- adjustable rear camber bolts

What else should I grab? I know BMR and Steeda offer a few highly recommend items. Help me out! Thank you to whoever replies.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Get rid of the sportlines, and don't bother with the Koni non adjustable. Go for BMR SP763 or Steeda linear springs and Bilstein B6 shocks and struts or the Ford performance track dampers (M-18000-F). Thank me later, and Merry Christmas.

As far as what else you may want to do, BMR CB010 would be a great choice.

OP
OP

5ohdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah I live in Florida about 20 minutes from Steeda’s headquarters so I might just drive on down there one day lol. Thanks for not taking a dump on my choice to have the Koni non-adjustables like everyone else. I don’t live at the strip. This is my daily.

OP
OP

5ohdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Get rid of the sportlines, and don't bother with the Koni non adjustable. Go for BMR SP763 or Steeda linear springs and Bilstein B6 shocks and struts or the Ford performance track dampers (M-18000-F). Thank me later, and Merry Christmas.

As far as what else you may want to do, BMR CB010 would be a great choice.
Thanks for the BMR suggestion. Americanmuscle has the Level 2 pack on sale right now so I may go with that one

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I live in Florida about 20 minutes from Steeda’s headquarters so I might just drive on down there one day lol. Thanks for not taking a dump on my choice to have the Koni non-adjustables like everyone else. I don’t live at the strip. This is my daily.
Thus why I'm suggesting a damper package that will ride much better ;)

Sponsored

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I've had sportlines on my car for the last 3 years and the headaches finally got to me. I went with Bmac's recommendation and purchased BMR SP083 springs, Ford Performance Track Shocks, BMR Shock Mounts, and a bunch of other goodies. Car is at the shop now for the install, really excited to feel the new set up.

OP
OP

5ohdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I've had sportlines on my car for the last 3 years and the headaches finally got to me. I went with Bmac's recommendation and purchased BMR SP083 springs, Ford Performance Track Shocks, BMR Shock Mounts, and a bunch of other goodies. Car is at the shop now for the install, really excited to feel the new set up.
Yeah man. Been since July for me and I’m just about done with them. Now, I’m an idiot, and didn’t do a single other supporting suspension mod to accommodate for them. But still, people always say they just ride terribly. Great look, not practical. We’ll see if once I have the above mods that I mentioned installed that if I can tolerate them a bit more. I hope so.

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yeah man. Been since July for me and I’m just about done with them. Now, I’m an idiot, and didn’t do a single other supporting suspension mod to accommodate for them. But still, people always say they just ride terribly. Great look, not practical. We’ll see if once I have the above mods that I mentioned installed that if I can tolerate them a bit more. I hope so.
I also only had the sportlines with nothing else to support them. I choose to get rid of them because my car was so low I've had to repair my headers twice now from them scraping....not fun, hoping the new springs that are only a .8 inch drop up front fix that. Loved the way they looked, but I also believe they're so low they mess up the suspension geometry.

On my new set up i'm also getting caster camber plates, bump steer and roll center correction lateral links, and rear camber adjustment lock out kit. as well as some IRS bracing.

Also went with Bmac's advice as I know he's tried and tested many different suspension set ups on his car and the Ford Performance dampers are only $520 shipped from AutoNation Ford Whitebear Lake

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Sell sportlines and get the ford racing track pack suspension kit. Best mod I've bought this far. It's perfect. Gry an alignment done after install and ur set.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
When I did my last Mustang's suspension, I left the stock PP springs.

Lowering springs are for looks, they don't really do much on a street car that's acceptable for daily driving.

If what you want is better handling and also great ride quality, then going with stuff like Steeda's adjustable shocks & struts, vertical links, and their stop-the-hop starter kit, gives a great ride versus handling balance.

Basically, lowering a car is for looks. Real handling comes from shocks, struts, and IRS stiffening/centering parts.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Im the minority here i guess lol. Ive had sportlines on my car for 2 years, i dont think they ride bad at all

OP
OP

5ohdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
When I did my last Mustang's suspension, I left the stock PP springs.

Lowering springs are for looks, they don't really do much on a street car that's acceptable for daily driving.

If what you want is better handling and also great ride quality, then going with stuff like Steeda's adjustable shocks & struts, vertical links, and their stop-the-hop starter kit, gives a great ride versus handling balance.

Basically, lowering a car is for looks. Real handling comes from shocks, struts, and IRS stiffening/centering parts.
I already have my Koni non-adjustables waiting to go on as stated. I am/was well aware that springs don’t truly add better handling, they simply lower the car. What I did mess up on however, was being naive enough to believe that the OEM dampers and other components from good ol Ford could withstand a minor drop. I am the fool lol. I may switch out the sport lines though. Cause people say even with adding a bunch of support they still just ride bad and uncomfortable

OP
OP

5ohdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Im the minority here i guess lol. Ive had sportlines on my car for 2 years, i dont think they ride bad at all
What other suspension upgrades have you added, though? And are you PP or non PP

Nvm I see your bio you’re PP. well that makes a slight difference over the quite non-comparable IMO non-PP suspension

brl0301

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryce
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost
you NEED the roll center correction control arms. My car with the sportlines was barely driveable before adding them
Sponsored