PP2 wheels on lowered pp1

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I see most guys who have pp2 wheels go with a 35 series and not the factory 30. Is there an issue with the 30 series? I realize that on the 30's its almost an inch less tire height, but wouldnt that make it fit better with 305 in front? Or would the car be in the weeds already being dropped? Im intending on running the same factory setup as the pp2 with 305 30 19 square

I bought my car dropped about 1" and the car handles very good and is not harsh. I intend to go BMR Handling springs on Ford track dampers, because i have no idea what or when what was put on the car, ill just go with what i know is done.
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I have the SVE knock-off PP2 wheels, still 19x11. I have run 305/30/19 and now 295/30/19.
It's mostly personal preference. The taller sidewall will give more cushion and I suppose more protection to the rim of the wheel.
The 30 profile will be stiffer and give better feedback and provide better cornering characteristics.

I would say very generally: 35 profile for street use and 30 profile for track use

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I have the SVE knock-off PP2 wheels, still 19x11. I have run 305/30/19 and now 295/30/19.
It's mostly personal preference. The taller sidewall will give more cushion and I suppose more protection to the rim of the wheel.
The 30 profile will be stiffer and give better feedback and provide better cornering characteristics.

I would say very generally: 35 profile for street use and 30 profile for track use
That's fair. I just wasnt sure if there was a "mechanical"/clearance issue I didnt know about.

I bet getting a 305 30 on that front rim is a pleasure for the tire man lol

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
That's fair. I just wasnt sure if there was a "mechanical"/clearance issue I didnt know about.

I bet getting a 305 30 on that front rim is a pleasure for the tire man lol
Nah, they'll both fit. Your speedometer will be off changing tire diameter from stock, if that bothers you. But it's so marginal, I personally don't think it's anything to get worked up about.

As someone who used to work at a tire shop, yeah they're a pain

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Nah, they'll both fit. Your speedometer will be off changing tire diameter from stock, if that bothers you. But it's so marginal, I personally don't think it's anything to get worked up about.

As someone who used to work at a tire shop, yeah they're a pain
Revs per mile correction via tune will straighten that out. I have some weird ocd hangups so, yeah that would bother me lol

Thanks for the info
Sponsored