Suspension Advice Needed (school me)

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Recently, I bought Eibachs to drop my car an inch all around and now I'm thinking of grabbing some 6GR wheels. I installed the 350 Fenders a while ago so I'm either going square (305/30/19) or staggered.

Two questions though.

One: do I need to rework my suspension to accommodate such larger wheels and tires?

Two: With the larger size in mind, what could make my drive more pleasant on a day to day basis? Driving in Boston and the North Shore is pot hole city and I want to try and bang it all out.

I've been thinking of adding a front sway bar and new links but idk what route to take first.

Thanks!
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Endlinks won’t do anything, they are just a metal bits that connect the swaybars to the rest of the car.

unfortunately I don’t know how much extra room you gain from the GT350 fenders, but you need about 25mm or 1” of offset In the front to push the 11” wide wheels with 305s away from the strut body, since the P6GR 11”s come with a ~50mm offset suited for the rear suspension.

you’ll need either 25mm bolt on spacers OR better yet, install 1” longer ARP studs in your front wheel hubs (or replace the hubs with ones with the studs pre-installed) and run 1”/25mm slip on spacers. Thats what I’ve got on my own car and many of us running square 11”s go the extended stud route. Extended studs with slip on spacers are more bulletproof than bolt on spacers (with double the number of fasteners and points of failure keeping your front wheels attached).

have fun!

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The question is if you would also need camber plates. Those of us with square 11”s under stock GT fenders do need camber plates (not bolts) to shift the struts and tuck the wide front tires under the GT’s fenders

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
The question is if you would also need camber plates. Those of us with square 11”s under stock GT fenders do need camber plates (not bolts) to shift the struts and tuck the wide front tires under the GT’s fenders
I would argue you always need camber plates cause driving is so much more fun with more negative camber

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Caster/Camber plates = correct alignment = no irregular tire wear. The speed shop that did my suspension highly recommends the Maximum Motorsports CC plates.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Caster/Camber plates = correct alignment = no irregular tire wear. The speed shop that did my suspension highly recommends the Maximum Motorsports CC plates.
= Smiles for days

However I recommend Steeda plates

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, no. The MM plates will (for many people) cap out at 2 degrees camber, and we're talking about going to opposite direction, trying to get MORE camber, not less. If you're trying to correct to a factory camber setting, yes MM plates are a good choice, but if you're trying to get a lot of camber to tuck obscenely large tires under the fenders, MM plates may leave you high and dry. Steedas work tho.

Anyway, its unclear if the OP needs camber plates, because his GT350 fenders are wider.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
= Smiles for days

However I recommend Steeda plates
The Steeda plates are a great choice - most adjustment range on the market: adjust camber angle from -0.3 degrees to -2.8 degrees!

Johnnyracer222

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP 6 speed
Oh, you're in Boston/North Shore, like me?

Ya, get an F150....these pot holes will swallow our entire Mustang...
Sponsored