Sponsored

Suspension advice needed

cipherzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 A10 PP1 GT
I've recently purchased new wheels/tires that are significant upgrades over my stock (I'm non pp) set. (325/30/19 rear and 285/35/19 front) Since those are a big upgrade in itself I figured I might as well go ahead and do some suspension mods to get the most out of the setup. A little background, I DD my GT and do not plan on tracking it or taking it to the strip. My goals are to reduce/eliminate wheel hop and improve overall handling, without going overkill on price/parts/NVH. The second reason is to achieve the aggressive stance with a 1 inch drop from springs.

So I've done quite a bit of research myself, and have come down to 2 possible setups. I guess what I am looking for is some validation or suggestions. :like: Perhaps I really am overthinking it or overspending!

Setup A:
BMR CB-005
Steeda CB-005 Alignment Kit
Steeda Ultralite Linear Springs
Steed Billet shock mounts
Steeda Fixed Non-adj Pro Actions
Steeda camber plates/Bumpstop (Do I really need these??)

Setup B:
BMR CB-005
Ford Performance Track handling pack (Would this be a better all in one solution?)
Sponsored

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
I would highly recommend the following (@BmacIL and others will second this):

1. CB05
2. FP outer toe link bearings
3. Caster camber plates of your choosing
4. BMR SP083 springs
5. FP track Dampers
6. Steeda roll center and bump steer correction kit
7. GT350 34 mm front sway bar (super cheap to buy oe ones)
8. Gt350/ PP GT 22.1 mm rear bar (if you have a pp car you already have this).
9. Performance alignment

That setup will handle better than the vast majority of packages and still ride decent enough to enjoy driving on the street. Several members are running variation of that set up now.

The spring and damping rates and even ride height are darn close to the GT350R factory setup, cant go wrong with it and it will perform better than either of the above setups you mentioned.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I've recently purchased new wheels/tires that are significant upgrades over my stock (I'm non pp) set. (325/30/19 rear and 285/35/19 front) Since those are a big upgrade in itself I figured I might as well go ahead and do some suspension mods to get the most out of the setup. A little background, I DD my GT and do not plan on tracking it or taking it to the strip. My goals are to reduce/eliminate wheel hop and improve overall handling, without going overkill on price/parts/NVH. The second reason is to achieve the aggressive stance with a 1 inch drop from springs.

So I've done quite a bit of research myself, and have come down to 2 possible setups. I guess what I am looking for is some validation or suggestions. :like: Perhaps I really am overthinking it or overspending!

Setup A:
BMR CB-005
Steeda CB-005 Alignment Kit
Steeda Ultralite Linear Springs
Steed Billet shock mounts
Steeda Fixed Non-adj Pro Actions
Steeda camber plates/Bumpstop (Do I really need these??)

Setup B:
BMR CB-005
Ford Performance Track handling pack (Would this be a better all in one solution?)

Set up A with the Steeda IRS subframe support bushings.
That set up is substantialy faster on the track than the OE components mentioned.
Furthermore, if you are focused on ride quality I would recommend the Steeda Progressive springs instead. Please reach out to one of our sales tech at Steeda for forum pricing.

Steeda Tech

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have you covered :)

Best Regards,

TJ

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Have you made a decision yet? I have been looking at similar setups as well. Heard a lot of good things about the FP track handling pack but I’m thinking it might be a little overkill for what I need. How do the 2 packages compare price wise?

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Jeff,

We can set you up with a consultation with one of our suspension experts - let me know!

TJ

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Choose A for the handling approach (I use this setup and it’s fantastic).

Replace the UltraLites with Steeda progressives if you want the look with a more street-tame ride.
Sponsored