Sponsored

SpeedPhenom's Shadow Black Delivery

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Sounds kinda absurd, but i think this is the safest thing to do and will probably be my approach also.
Protrax, how’s the Gremlin coming along? Interested to see the final product.
Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Protrax, how’s the Gremlin coming along? Interested to see the final product.
Slow...., holidays, other projects, and motivation are killing me....I go in waves on working on the gremlin and my desire and motivation fluctuate. Unfortunately i am 1 man show and i have a full time job. The amount of work involved in a SEMA quality build is overwhelming to say the least. My plans were to have the 4-link and IFS situated this year, along with rough mounting the LT4 in the K-member but that hasn't happened, with any luck I will get some of those done during XMAS break. I have somewhat build thread on SS forums if you want to follow, but haven't had much progress in last few months. https://www.ssforums.com/threads/look-what-arrive-at-my-house.188223/

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I would agree on letting the dealers do it, but watching them do it. For SP vehicle they did the install, but you better believe they took their time as they did not want to be "that dealer". When done in this matter, they cannot come back and say the customer did something wrong in case of issues unforeseen with the hardware.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
California? Yes he does.
It’s funny.
I grew up in SoCal.
thought this was how the whole world is.
Moved to Texas in my twenties.
saw what good, neighborly people are like, learned what laws that care about people were like, and was able to buy my first house.
Moved back to California after a decade.
It’s a little bit crazy here. But there are good folks everywhere. The laws though?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It’s funny.
I grew up in SoCal.
thought this was how the whole world is.
Moved to Texas in my twenties.
saw what good, neighborly people are like, learned what laws that care about people were like, and was able to buy my first house.
Moved back to California after a decade.
It’s a little bit crazy here. But there are good folks everywhere. The laws though?
Dont get me wrong, I really do like California, however, well, it's just different.

Deleted member 37397

The dealer asked Speed Phenom if he wanted them to install everything or if he wanted to do it himself in the first video. I don’t think this was just because of the cameras rolling either, seems like it’s an option for anyone.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer asked Speed Phenom if he wanted them to install everything or if he wanted to do it himself in the first video. I don’t think this was just because of the cameras rolling either, seems like it’s an option for anyone.
Oh its definitely an option, they are happy to do it if you want them to.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Oh its definitely an option, they are happy to do it if you want them to.
That's because Ford pays them to do it.

Sponsored

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Speed Phenom just ran a 10.6 out of the box, stock everything on his way home to Cali. Give the young lad props.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Indeed. Had a little coaching, lowered the tire pressure, found the correct launch rpm and hung on. Looking at the dash, you could see the acceleration....the car shifting right at the red line.

Man the GT500 is a hit. Lol cannot say it did not happen, as he cross the shot is of the clock. Also the MPH....

Next question: what does the car do on sticky rubber DR's ?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The kid did very well at the track, even on his first pass, there's no denying that. Obviously, the "hints" helped with lowering the tire pressure probably being the most important. They didn't do that, AFAIK, for the Vegas bunch. Even so, he beat 11 on 4S rubber at 28psi which was impressive.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
I do appreciate that he is sharing his individual experience with the car and giving us some real world information. Props on the 1/4 mile run - we could all learn from this.

His reactions on the return road make me laugh and I am now following him, - WHY - because I want to learn more about the car I have on order. Freedom of choice and freedom of speech are what make this country great!

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Has anyone provided any proof this kid was singled out by Ford to make sure he got one?

From what I've read, he simply worked hard to find one of the first, and likely paid a high ADM for it so that he can then get the early impression videos and reviews out there which are getting tons of views.

Honestly sounds like a bunch of jealous people hating on someone because they feel entitled and that they should have gotten their vehicle first. News flash, many people have bought many Fords and many people have been Ford fans their whole lives.
Sponsored