2019 GT Rattle

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Man my ‘19 rattles on the passenger A pillar too and it’s driving me insane. When I tap be A pillar I hear the rattle. It happens over every bump. I hope you can figure it out. I can’t figure out how to get the A pillar completely off after pulling it away.
Sponsored

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I've been following this one and I sure feel your pain.. I have an 03 GT with a buzzing somewhere around the center of the top of the dashboard.. It's like loose plastic.. I've taken apart literally everything, drove around with the gauge cluster somewhat in my lap etc... Gutted it... A-pillers, cowl etc ran painters tape, stuffed foam in cracks, etc. Still making noise.. I'm starting to think it has something to do with the windshield I had replaced a couple of years ago. The Safelite guy was an idiot and I'm wondering if something is not glued down well.. My car is a vert which complicates things a bit.. Just wanted to post to support you... I'm OCD and noises drive me crazy!! Hahha!

OP
OP

Ryan412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yeah for now I made an appointment at my Ford dealer scheduled a few weeks from now to see if they can figure it out. I'm not hopeful since the rattle seems to disappear once the day goes on and it warms up outside - I can see them hearing it in the morning and then handing it back to me saying "oh well it's silent now"

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yeah for now I made an appointment at my Ford dealer scheduled a few weeks from now to see if they can figure it out. I'm not hopeful since the rattle seems to disappear once the day goes on and it warms up outside - I can see them hearing it in the morning and then handing it back to me saying "oh well it's silent now"

When you get the car there on day of appt., ask the Service Writer if you can have either the Shop Foreman or a Tech come out to the lot with you to go on a test drive so that you can actually point out the concern (and so he can experience/hear it as well). When you do go on that test drive, windows up, make sure you turn HVAC and stereo completely off so there’s no noise in the cabin at all (no distractions). You have to try to demonstrate or replicate how or when the noise occurs.

Don’t just drop it off - because if a Tech gets it to diagnose he/she may not “hear it” or may associate whatever they hear (or don’t hear) with something else deemed “normal”.

OP
OP

Ryan412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Quick update: I took my car into my Ford dealer today. The noise has honestly become unbearable. I had the tech ride along and listen for the noise - he heard it and acknowledged it was bad but said it would be tough to locate. Fingers crossed, but honestly I'm not holding my breath.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ryan412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
well, Ford at their best: service tech calls today to tell me he's confused about the rattle. Says he understands it only occurs in the morning, but says the service tech who rode in the car with me this morning wrote in his notes he heard no audible rattle - despite confirming to me the rattle was audible and "pretty loud". They are going to keep the car and drive it in the morning, but I'm not hopeful at all.

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
well, Ford at their best: service tech calls today to tell me he's confused about the rattle. Says he understands it only occurs in the morning, but says the service tech who rode in the car with me this morning wrote in his notes he heard no audible rattle - despite confirming to me the rattle was audible and "pretty loud". They are going to keep the car and drive it in the morning, but I'm not hopeful at all.
If you don't mind grabbing a clip of said rattle. I've seem to eliminate most of my rattles in mine except one that sounds like it's coming from the passenger side under the glovebox footwell area. Honestly it might be a loose clip or a clip might've fallen out and is just bouncing around. I've eliminated a bass rattle on my doors by taking apart the door and tightening parts that rattled with electrical tape and adding sound deadening material where space allowed. If I go over bumps the noise I can describe it as is "sharp and high pitched" if that makes any sense. Sucks how taking apart panels only seems to loosen them up. I wish the best for you as it drives me crazy too!

OP
OP

Ryan412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I've tried to get a sound clip but I don't seem to be able to get an audible noise on my phone from the drivers seat. I'm not sure I can convince my wife to get up with me at 5am to go to work so she can record the rattle =(

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What the latest update, have they taken anything apart?

OP
OP

Ryan412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
today they said they drove in the car in the morning and told me they absolutely heard the rattle. Got a call this afternoon and they said they added padding to the headliner and it's magically fixed after a drive in the car in the 88 degree weather this afternoon. I told them they can keep the car because I made it absolutely clear the noise is not present when it gets hot in the afternoon and only occurs in the morning. Also, side note - I added padding to the headliner months ago and the noise was still there, so I imagine they did absolutely nothing to fix the issue.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
You could try jacking the car up by that side maybe, front then back.. Interior rattles come and go it seems Ive tried to not worry about them too much since they do seem to just come and go randomly.

OP
OP

Ryan412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It would be lovely if this one came and went but it's been there, every morning since day 1.

OP
OP

Ryan412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Got the car back - they added padding to the headliner and said the curtain airbag was loose and tightened it. These are things I did already myself to try and fix it but maybe they did a better job than me? Fingers crossed.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Got the car back - they added padding to the headliner and said the curtain airbag was loose and tightened it. These are things I did already myself to try and fix it but maybe they did a better job than me? Fingers crossed.
Any luck? - I have an annoying rattle that seems to be coming from the a-pillar, but who really knows.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
My 2018 GT had the rattle sound coming from driver side A-pillar. Turned out to be the little connecter that plugs into the tweeter. I put electric tape around it as it was loose when fully plugged. After tape was applied, I tapped the tweeter area and the rattle/buzzing sound went away. The problem has not returned in almost a year.

You could check it out to eliminate any possibility.
How do you do this?
Sponsored