Sponsored

Poll: Hard top mustang convertible

If offered, would you purchase a mustang hard top convertible?

• Yes

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
With the announcement of the 2020 Corvette retractable hardtop convertible, would you buy a mustang version if offered?
Sponsored

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
How about we start with a friggin' sun-roof option?

I see no reason for a hard-top convertible. Standard rag-tops are lighter, less complex.

OP
OP
NYDP77

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How about we start with a friggin' sun-roof option?

I see no reason for a hard-top convertible. Standard rag-tops are lighter, less complex.
Someone like me that doesn't have a garage, I would really consider a hard top. I know I would be slower...oh well.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wouldn't buy one. I buy for sporty car use, so I want a hard top for the road course. I wouldn't want a sun roof either. However, if I were considering a convertible, I'd much rather have it be a hard top over a soft one.

That is part of the reason I won't buy a C7 or C8 Corvette. They all have a detachable roof. I don't like that idea for a car that will be used on track.

OP
OP
NYDP77

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't buy one. I buy for sporty car use, so I want a hard top for the road course. I wouldn't want a sun roof either. However, if I were considering a convertible, I'd much rather have it be a hard top over a soft one.

That is part of the reason I won't buy a C7 or C8 Corvette. They all have a detachable roof. I don't like that idea for a car that will be used on track.
I see where this is going. I probably worded the poll wrong. I see I can't update it. I just meant for those that would consider a convertible.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NYDP77

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Also the C8 is a retractable hard top.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I might but depends on the cost. I like the look of the coupe over the convertible when the top is up but would love the open air feeling with the top down. I had a 89’ GT convertible and and some ass hat ripped my top to steal my leather jacket so that’s another reason I would opt for the hard top convertible for security reasons.

OP
OP
NYDP77

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Why?

Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
I would really like to see a hard top Mustang. However, Ford needs to make this car like 2-300 lbs lighter so that the added weight from the hard top is not going to take away from the driving experience,

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
You want a hard-top convertible and Ford keeps on adding pounds to the Mustang even in standard coupe form? Your hard-top convertible would weigh as much as a Challenger and handle like one too!

No thanks.

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Hard top convertibles aren't being offered as much as they used to be because people don't buy them anymore. The whole point was to be able to have a convertible while retaining the aesthetic of a hard top, which it didn't do very well. Soft tops are cheaper, lighter, and much greater quality than they used to be.

The market the Mustang occupies is already very niche, and going through the trouble of R&D on a niche option to a niche market is a surefire way to not sell cars.
Sponsored