New 2019 350R - CV boot failure

mzangari1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
200 miles - car brought to PPF for film and ceramic coating - they notice drivers side rear wheel with loads of green grease. Turns out CV boot is cracked and leaked grease over rear suspension and into wheel. Will try and post pics later. Simple repair, but these plastics CV boots seem to be an issue - Ford please address! Hope this doesn’t carry on into 2020 model year and GT500!
Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
200 miles - car brought to PPF for film and ceramic coating - they notice drivers side rear wheel with loads of green grease. Turns out CV boot is cracked and leaked grease over rear suspension and into wheel. Will try and post pics later. Simple repair, but these plastics CV boots seem to be an issue - Ford please address! Hope this doesn’t carry on into 2020 model year and GT500!
:thumbsdown: That's pretty lame, sorry man. I hope dealer takes care of you.

Leroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT 2008 GT-500
Have heard of this being caused by incorrectly tying down the vehicle during transport. This is always an area of inspection when doing a PDI.

OP
OP
mzangari1234

mzangari1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Have heard of this being caused by incorrectly tying down the vehicle during transport. This is always an area of inspection when doing a PDI.
Thanks for the response - I had not heard that before and did see this is all too common to be a one off event - if correct on the root cause I should have no worries with the new boot! Fingers crossed! New boot is being delivered to my shop tomorrow and will be replaced.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I'd get the rear brakes checked too. That grease could have got on the brake pads and rotors.

Sponsored

JLowrey1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew
It's just a car, things happen. That's why there is warranty.
I've seen a lot of things fail before they should have, on cars 2-3x the price of a GT350 (I'm a Land Rover technician).