2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
hard no.
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
If I wanted a V8, 4 door sedan I would get a Charger.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Who in their right mind would buy a 4 door Mustang?

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
If I wanted a V8, 4 door sedan I would get a Charger.
This is actually a perfect example. The Dodge Charger has the 4 door sporty V8 market covered. Dodge sells 80-100k Chargers a year, and that is across all engine sizes. Ford sells about the same amount of Mustangs a year, also all engines. How many of those Chargers are V8s? Maybe 1/3 if we're being generous. That's a market of 30k sales that Ford could get a slice of if they entered that market. Maybe they do well and get 20k of them.

Is that worth making a whole new platform? No. The demand is way too small for it to be viable.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
What we think is irrelevant.

What Ford will do is the following:

They will build a premium four door with Mustang theme just like Mach E.

No, it's not going to be a Fusion/Taurus replacement as both were too mainstream in their design and aimed at volume sales. This will have more of a coupe-like silhouette with focus on profits rather than volume, so it won't be cheap.

2023 the earliest. They won't call it Mustang so y'all can relax. Possibly all-electric like Mach E.

Good job on the render by the way.

Sponsored

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Chevy tried this with the the SS and it just didn't have enough general interest to make it a successful sales platform. Very unlikely a 4dr Mustang would meet with much better success. It may be an awesome car (like the SS) but if general public doesn't see the appeal it would never work.
That's because Chevy refused to advertise it. At all. Like ever.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Thanks for the feedback guys, I knew it was touchy subject with the Mustang fans, if only the name is the problem then we can rename it to (I was thinking of calling it the Panther)!!! Appreciate the positive feedback!!!
really cool design you did there I agree it's need something different mustang name.. don't dare call it a panther that's the original name for the Camaro.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Call it something else like the Charger and Challenger . But SUV is more realistic. Throw a Coyote in that bitch that would allow for the same supercharger\TT options as the mustang. 850rwhp AWD SUVs. nasty

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
That's because Chevy refused to advertise it. At all. Like ever.
It's because Holden stopped manufacturing, and they did so because it's cheaper to run a plant that produces greater volumes. If it were a premium/prestige car that attracted profits it wouldn't need great volumes to remain in production, hence why you only find nearly all sedans as premium offerings, and the rest that aren't barely break even. Which is why this next Ford sedan won't be in the Fusion/Taurus/Falcon mould.

/They didn't advertise it because they knew it was going to be dead anyway.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Call it something else like the Charger and Challenger . But SUV is more realistic. Throw a Coyote in that bitch that would allow for the same supercharger\TT options as the mustang. 850rwhp AWD SUVs. nasty
I think Mach E will be quite lethal considering the platform it'll use.

Speaking of which, when you look at the Urus, for example, it's basically a sedan in disguise when considering its overall height is barely higher than that of a Falcon's height. Mach E will probably be not much higher than a Taurus. So those that want a "Taurus" this is it. For those that want a Taycan... Ford will have something like that as well.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If not named a Mustang, but inspired by the design and sharing a platform and engines???
I'd be OK with this. I would not want it to be called a Mustang. Also, I'd rather not have the styling be a super close match. But a 4-door sharing the platform and engines? Sure.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
It's because Holden stopped manufacturing, and they did so because it's cheaper to run a plant that produces greater volumes. If it were a premium/prestige car that attracted profits it wouldn't need great volumes to remain in production, hence why you only find nearly all sedans as premium offerings, and the rest that aren't barely break even. Which is why this next Ford sedan won't be in the Fusion/Taurus/Falcon mould.

/They didn't advertise it because they knew it was going to be dead anyway.
Chevy owned Holden though. They easily could have just moved manufacturing for that car to the US and continued it. They even had a life cycle update between years on the damn thing.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Fuck no - hell no - god damn no. Mustang is a 2 door car. Bring back the LTD if you need four doors. There are plenty of 4 door cars out there - we don't need another.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Chevy owned Holden though. They easily could have just moved manufacturing for that car to the US and continued it. They even had a life cycle update between years on the damn thing.
It just wasn't profitable enough considering the Catherine Jones platform was what they made the last Gen Camaro from, but Camaro was moving to Alpha platform..
You have Cadillac rwd high performance sedans in the US, yeah? GM fanatics can buy that if they wish. Ford have nothing and Lincoln's Continental is said to be discontinued. Ford don't want to be in that non profitable space. As we're all.aware they're removing a lot of dead wood and are entering more profitable areas.

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 HighboyS
The leading edge of the hood on this looks like a Mustang...
Mach_EV_003.jpg
Sponsored