Sponsored

Least expensive wheels for PP2

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I almost bought a set of the old 2013/2014 Track Pack wheels with Blizzaks mounted on them earlier this year. I was told the 19x9 TP wheels will fit on a 2019 PP2. Has anyone done this? I don't plan to drive a lot in the winter time but I just wanted to the option to drive it on the the not so bad winter days.
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Just buy a set of whatever is on sale at LMR or American Muscle. A set of four 19"x9.5" LMR SVE Drifts would be pretty cheap.

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
I almost bought a set of the old 2013/2014 Track Pack wheels with Blizzaks mounted on them earlier this year. I was told the 19x9 TP wheels will fit on a 2019 PP2. Has anyone done this? I don't plan to drive a lot in the winter time but I just wanted to the option to drive it on the the not so bad winter days.
I picked up the Ford Performance PP1 wheels for my everyday driving and have saved the Cup 2's for the track. They were about $300 apiece and fit perfectly, though they do look narrow compared to OEM. Apex makes great 18" wheels that clear the Brembo's and allow a large selection of slicks for the track.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Just buy a set of whatever is on sale at LMR or American Muscle. A set of four 19"x9.5" LMR SVE Drifts would be pretty cheap.
Agree with this. If you are just looking for something to drive in the winter you don't need anything special because it's a PP2.
I think the cheapest option would be OEM base 18 inch wheels taken off an S550. They sell cheap because so many upgrade to bigger wheels.

OP
OP
mustang5o

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree with this. If you are just looking for something to drive in the winter you don't need anything special because it's a PP2.
I think the cheapest option would be OEM base 18 inch wheels taken off an S550. They sell cheap because so many upgrade to bigger wheels.
Pretty sure those wheels won't clear the Brembos up front. I was hoping someone out there knew of a wheel that would fit. I have a buddy with a 2013 TP car so I might ask to throw his on front sometime to test fitment. The only 18's I know of that fit are Apex and don't want to pay that much for this use.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure those wheels won't clear the Brembos up front. I was hoping someone out there knew of a wheel that would fit. I have a buddy with a 2013 TP car so I might ask to throw his on front sometime to test fitment. The only 18's I know of that fit are Apex and don't want to pay that much for this use.
Oops. Sorry. Was thinking about offsets and forgot about brakes. Yeah, maybe two sets of PP1 fronts (since people put another set of rears on the front with spacers) or else cheapest aftermarkets you can find that clear the Brembos.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve spent the last several weeks searching for wheels hat I like, actually trying them on the front of my 17 GT PP w/ 6piston Brembo’s . I’m not a fan of the larger wheel sizes available. So I‘ve been concentrating primarily on 18” wheels so far I’ve found that virtually all “Flow Formed” and all forged wheels will clear the Brembo’s, as long as the offset is correct and the spokes are curved enough (this is usually stated as a medium concave) Here below are some of my top choices.
The most affordable are FlowOne wheels available from tire rack in F1, F2, F3, and F4 models with sizes from 8.5-11” wide (the F2’s in silver gunmetal are beautiful) 9.5 x 18 are on sale for $198 ea.all other sizes are in the $200 range.
Next in line for affordability is HRE FF15 staggered set offered by CJ pony for $1200 note that this set also includes centric rings and HRE lugnuts, 9 x 18 front and 10x 18 rear. Not that if you buy these separately in other sizes the price for a set will range from $1600 to over $2000.
My choice however are the APEX EC7, I just joined a group buy for these and am getting 9.5 x 18 front and 11x18 rear wheels, with matching metal TPMS for $1350.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Any of the 19" Mustang wheels for the S550 and the 20" premium will clear the brembo's

I would look on the Market place and either find some PP1 wheels or S197 19"s..

OP
OP
mustang5o

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I have a few things to consider. More are always welcome.

Sponsored

TPinBC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A, 2018 GT 401A
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I have a few things to consider. More are always welcome.
Hey. I'm in the same boat as you. Did you come up with a good solution?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
How did you guys determine what offset to use?

The PP2 that I have has +24mm offset on the front OEM wheels and +48mm offset on the rear. The PP1 and GT have different offsets as well.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
How did you guys determine what offset to use?
All depends on how you want the wheels to fit and the minimum to clear the brakes/strut. Wheel width based on what size tires you'll want to run. The PP2 ones are the way they are because the width is much more than the PP1.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
All depends on how you want the wheels to fit and the minimum to clear the brakes/strut. Wheel width based on what size tires you'll want to run. The PP2 ones are the way they are because the width is much more than the PP1.
I am not so sure it is that simple. Changing the offset has some affect on handling. If you use less positive offset, you can change a car from being understeer to oversteer or the opposite. To play it safe, I would suspect keeping the wheel track the same is best (by keeping the factory offset the same) but you might be increasing or , in the winter, decreasing tire width and that too can upset the balance. Sure the tire's footprint will be the same but changing the width will change the shape. Wider tires will shorten the length and widen the width of the footprint. In some cases you will trade forward grip for lateral or visa versa.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
As others said - all 19"+ S550 wheels will fit - PP2 is identical dimensionally as PP1. I have '15 "Premium Wheels" for 255/40 19 set of Contis DWS06.
OEM PP2 wheel offsets are driven only by the wide wheel / tire combo fit.
Sponsored