Ell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Elliot
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Fastback
Hey gang,
Just got some bits installed yesterday, Roush H-Pipe being one of them on my 2018 GT (10spd).
I'm wondering if anyone else has had it installed and no longer able to tell the difference between the Normal/Sport/Track settings for the active exhaust?
Quiet is still noticeably quiet which is great.
But flicking from normal - track while i'm sitting next to the muffler doesn't make any difference from what I can tell.
There are no other power mods that may have interfered with anything.

I got what i wanted with the sound and volume, but now it feels like i only have 2 exhaust modes, Quiet and Track.
Sponsored

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
That's strange, there is a noticeable decibel difference between all of the modes with a H-Pipe from what I have seen on reviews. I was going to get the H-Pipe for my 2019 GT when I pick it up in a few weeks.

Are you testing just on idle? Or giving it some revs in each mode?

Ell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Elliot
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Fastback
Idle when I'm sitting next to the muffler. But out on the road. flicking from Normal to track (skipping sport) no noticeable difference. Windows up or down.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Hey gang,
Just got some bits installed yesterday, Roush H-Pipe being one of them on my 2018 GT (10spd).
I'm wondering if anyone else has had it installed and no longer able to tell the difference between the Normal/Sport/Track settings for the active exhaust?
Quiet is still noticeably quiet which is great.
But flicking from normal - track while i'm sitting next to the muffler doesn't make any difference from what I can tell.
There are no other power mods that may have interfered with anything.

I got what i wanted with the sound and volume, but now it feels like i only have 2 exhaust modes, Quiet and Track.
I would say the flow is much more free and there is less restriction with the H-Pipe so that the active valve position has little effect on flow in the Normal & Sport mode. Plus by taking away the resonator the pressure waves are different. Just my thoughts.

Mitchelljd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016
Hey Guys, I've had a quick read through the forum to Gauge an idea for the Deepest 'old school' sound for the GT's - Im not such a fan of the raspy noise.

I'm really liking the Solo Performance Mach XV , Also quite liking the Borla S-type.

What seems to be the general consensus these days for the deepest sounding exhaust catback?

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,
Mitch

Sponsored

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Hey Guys, I've had a quick read through the forum to Gauge an idea for the Deepest 'old school' sound for the GT's - Im not such a fan of the raspy noise.

I'm really liking the Solo Performance Mach XV , Also quite liking the Borla S-type.

What seems to be the general consensus these days for the deepest sounding exhaust catback?

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,
Mitch
Hi Mitch in reference to the exhausts you listed. The Borla 'S' Type will give you a good deep note, very old school sound on the Mustang. We have it on our 17 GT. There are quite a lot of our customers in the Sydney area who have them on their cars and are very happy with the sound. All of the Borla exhaust systems are designed to be drone free. All are Made in the USA from US 304 Stainless and come with a lifetime warranty on the systems. They are a super easy install as they are a slip fit type of construction. Borla also do a Touring system which is slightly quieter than the S Type and the ATAK which is the loudest. I stock the full range and we do overnight delivery to Sydney metro. Any questions please call me on 03 9553 6915 or visit our online store www.americanspeed.com.au

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,
Mitch
I have the Roush axle back and it has a fantastic old school sound with zero raspy and zero drone. Fantastic bang for buck also

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
The Borla range is definitely what you are looking for.

I have the Touring which, as Fred says, is a little quieter than the S-Type but still has the deep V8 sound with absolutely zero rasp.

I live in an apartment complex, so chose the quieter option in order to lessen the chances of pissing my neighbours off - I'm very happy with it.

Can highly recommend Fred @Vogtland Mustang, his service is top notch.

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,
Mitch
Before you commit check the AWE Touring, it is deep and I think what you’re looking for, beautiful fit and finish with zero drone. Uses an H pipe mid pipe and resonators.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I also have a Borla Touring supplied by Fred.

Because the Touring has a resonator it smooths out the sound but is still WAY louder than stock, I personally wouldn't want more volume than what the Touring provides. The good this is the Touring can be driven conservatively when needed before turning rowdy above about 3,000rpm when desired. A deep, throaty sound that doesn't drown out the induction noise coming from up front.

A very happy Borla Touring customer.

Sponsored

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Before you commit check the AWE Touring, it is deep and I think what you’re looking for, beautiful fit and finish with zero drone. Uses an H pipe mid pipe and resonators.
I highly second this motion. The AWE 3 inch touring cats and back is beautifully finished, no drone, deep tone, awesome on up or down shift at low RPM or 'spirited acceleration' and available via a distributor in Sydney. Exhaust has been on the car for about 18 months and no problems experienced. I had a work colleague drive behind me heading to work at one point and he described the sound as 'delicious'. I'll take that.

Love what Fred does and I'm certain that you'd be very happy with a Borla set up because he sells the best gear.

But do shop around.

gj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I was originally going to get the Borla touring but heard a Mustang with a JBA 3 inch axle back and knew that was the old school muscle car sound I wanted.
Sounds unreal inside and out, gets lots of comments about the deep note
Mustang Motorsport sell them for about $800 or so

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I had the AWE Touring on my 2016. Sounded great, looked great, no drone.

Only downside was very loud on cold start (think cold winter Sunday mornings). I also think it would sound better on a manual.

I have an MY18 now and the multimode exhaust is great - I use "Quiet Start" on Sunday mornings.

Happy hunting, I don't think you could wrong with either but if I was to do it again I'd probably go the Borla route.
Sponsored