Sponsored

Are you in? Or are you out?

Ok, the dust has settled. Who's in or out?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
And? He has no plans nor funds to buy. Stay in the GT section.

Trolling is coming to an area and spewing bs for fun. I didn't go to Gt section and start calling them poors did I? Or did i Express my opinion, and validate it with facts based on his own posts :)
I don't think he is doing that. He's been hanging around this forum for a long time and I have never seen him do that. Maybe a misunderstanding that spiraled out of control? I've always known him to be respectful and as long as he is doing that, I don't think he is trolling and he is welcome to participate in a healthy discussion on the topic I created.

I make it a point to stay out of other peoples forums as well. However there would be nothing wrong with me going over to the various other sub forums as long as I am respectful about it. What I do not tolerate is when people come from other forums or sub forums with an agenda to harass for entertainment factor. That is a troll. He is not a troll. Be honest..... Don't you think sometimes you take things a bit too far?

How about everybody hit the reset button and let this thread be what it was supposed to be?

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Didn’t vote because I am not buying in 2020. Waiting until 2021 to see what C8 Z06 turns out to be. Then in ‘21 or ‘22 I’ll likely grab either the GT500 base with handling package, tech package and VINYL stripes or C8 Z06.

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
It doesn't. It never will. People who are not getting one are always going to be upset with us who pay a little more to have it now.
I wouldn't say upset. Some people just can't understand paying more than MSRP. I do understand if you know someones brother in law that has Ford dealership and is willing to sell you a GT500 at MSRP that is great. (as long as you are happy with the MSRP.) And if you are willing to spend the time and scour the country (and also sort through who is for real and who is full of baloney and if you are willing to travel or pay to have it shipped) you can find and MSRP deal. The thing is it takes a lot of effort. I have been down this road before. (To be honest too old now to deal with it) The other thing that makes me pause on this car is that Ford Performance really hasn't nailed anything lately before delivery. It seems that everything they make lately has a problem of some sort or doesn't live up to the hype. At 6 figures I have to think about that. Also at 6 figures the build quality does concern me. (along with the unannounced weight. I hate to keep bringing it up but? No number yet?). The other killer for me is the no manual option. Yea, yea, the DCT is so many milliseconds quicker, If I'm not at a track racing for money give me the manual every day. That's why the suggestion of a GT350 with a Whipple sounds kind of appealing especially dollar for dollar.

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
Well the dust has settled. We all pretty much know how we feel about the new GT500. For those who were considering purchase..... Are you in? Or are you out?
When they offer a 7 speed manual, I’ll consider it. Tlr on this is almost the cost of supercharging my 350, at last in California. And annual registration will be hundreds less.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
When they offer a 7 speed manual, I’ll consider it. Tlr on this is almost the cost of supercharging my 350, at last in California. And annual registration will be hundreds less.
And then your GT350 went boom

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
And then your GT350 went boom
Yes, boom is bad. The car is great enough as it is. If you are considering slapping a whipple on it, then it becomes your un-engineered problem (with no warranty).

A lot of work for a whole lot of risk. Eh....

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Yes, boom is bad. The car is great enough as it is. If you are considering slapping a whipple on it, then it becomes your un-engineered problem (with no warranty).

A lot of work for a whole lot of risk. Eh....
Yes. In my opinion the GT350 is so good the way they come. It is such a good driver car with the manual.

It was never made to be supercharged like the 5.0.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
... but a person would when buying a 4300lb gt500...

what I'm getting at is the ancient lx (?) dodge platform can compete on weight at 1/2 the cost.
A base Mustang GT curb weight is 3,705 lbs. A PP1 GT ranges from 3,800-3,850 lbs. A Challenger T/A is 4,230 lbs. For comparison, a Hellcat is ~4,450 lbs. The widebodies are even heavier (fender flares, bigger heavier wheels/tires)

And, I'm guessing the GT500 will come in under 4,000 lbs. I'm guessing the CFTP will be ~3,910 lbs. The base GT500 at ~3,999 lbs. As is typical of the S550, it will be a bit heavier than the comparable Camaro, in this case, the ZL1 (3,944 lbs auto) and ZL1-1LE (3,820 lbs - for M6, no listed weight that I could find at quick glance for the new A10 ZLE).

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wouldn't say upset. Some people just can't understand paying more than MSRP. I do understand if you know someones brother in law that has Ford dealership and is willing to sell you a GT500 at MSRP that is great. (as long as you are happy with the MSRP.) And if you are willing to spend the time and scour the country (and also sort through who is for real and who is full of baloney and if you are willing to travel or pay to have it shipped) you can find and MSRP deal. The thing is it takes a lot of effort. I have been down this road before. (To be honest too old now to deal with it) The other thing that makes me pause on this car is that Ford Performance really hasn't nailed anything lately before delivery. It seems that everything they make lately has a problem of some sort or doesn't live up to the hype. At 6 figures I have to think about that. Also at 6 figures the build quality does concern me. (along with the unannounced weight. I hate to keep bringing it up but? No number yet?). The other killer for me is the no manual option. Yea, yea, the DCT is so many milliseconds quicker, If I'm not at a track racing for money give me the manual every day. That's why the suggestion of a GT350 with a Whipple sounds kind of appealing especially dollar for dollar.
Some people don't understand why someone would buy a performance car (at any price). There are all degrees of car enthusiast. Some will only buy something that is already old and beat down (like a 15 year old Corvette), whereas some have to have the latest and greatest. Some people like cars and will go to a car show but they don't like the cars enough to buy one.

I think the concept is super simple, but people enjoy throwing a little shade. It's not that anyone has trouble understanding that feeling of being a kid wanting a piece of candy. How much do you want it? How important is the car vs. money? Personally money does nothing for me. The experience of owning and driving an awesome piece of machinery is something that is worth more than money.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
It doesn't. It never will. People who are not getting one are always going to be upset with us who pay a little more to have it now.
I don't know why people care if someone paid ADM or not. If you can swing it, more power to those that can. I'm willing to bet all those saying that, if they had the money, they would pay it too.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I'm in but not until late 2021. Base car with stripes. That's it and ADM will be well done and gone by then. It will have the same color combo as my old GT350 in my avatar.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
I don't know why people care if someone paid ADM or not. If you can swing it, more power to those that can. I'm willing to bet all those saying that, if they had the money, they would pay it too.
Don't agree entirely that it's strictly a money thing.
I don't have a problem with someone paying ADM on one of these cars especially a CFTP buyer who is a diehard enthusiast...On the other hand I would rather pay the $10K painted OTT stripes than 10-15K(or more) in ADM if I had to choose. The stripes would add more value to me not being a super enthusiast or hardcore collector.
BTW I firmly believe the car is fairly priced for what it is. I'm just not in that big of a hurry to get one until I can get one at or very close to MSRP....If I get a little impatient and the right car came along I MIGHT be persuaded to pay a small markup.....
Sponsored