Sponsored

Are you in? Or are you out?

Ok, the dust has settled. Who's in or out?

• Total voters

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
I'm down but at MSRP on a base with short option list, vinyl stripes. If I have to wait a while then so be it. I'm mostly an older fat dude that's just gonna weekend use and probably never gonna track or drag the car. I'll spend more time washing and admiring the thing in my driveway than in seat time so it's not burning a hole in my wallet.

Here's what I don't get though. People on here and the internet b!tching up a storm about the price....Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the 13-14 cars top out around $65-67K fully loaded? How was Ford supposed to stay any lower base MSRP considering they added a $25K transmission, newly developed engine, new and bigger SC, huge ass brakes, magnetic shocks all on a new chassis and even new body panels as well....
I just not sure what people expected but in my mind the pricing came in about where I imagined. You can't make chix salad from chix sh!t,
Sponsored

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
31,34,48 and 2019 Fords + a 58& 66 Chevy trucks
Hello All...Newbie here from the South East. I have been lurking for quite some time and read most all of the GT500 posts daily Thank you to everyone for the invaluable shared information and insight. As for this post?.... In or out? I thought it would be a good time to share a story: I dropped into my local dealer last fall and told them I would like to purchase a new F150, a GT500 next year when available and a Bronco available 2 years out. Sure, the senior fellow said and was very supportive. I reminded him multiple times that I would only buy the first one if he would commit to the next two vehicles. Oh, of course. Not an issue. So well before Christmas I purchased the F150 .Sometime about February /March, I sent a follow up note and received a phone call to advise me, "well ….we have lots of interest and not sure about the GT500 availability.????" ( hmmm, here goes the back pedaling) I have kept in touch over the months and continually reminded the dealership of the commit on my part and that they also made a commit on their part. No contract, just a gentleman's agreement. I continue to send notes by email and texts to the sales managers' cell phone. It has become a game for me to see what the dealership will do. I believe that they will have more than 1 GT500 allocation (based on the dealers very large volume of sales). I have received mostly ( crickets/ silence) in return communication and followed up with I am still committed email Friday. IE: after pricing was announced. I dropped by to visit the sales manager and on the showroom floor is a beautiful GT350R with a $15,000 ADM for a market value adjustment. My guess is that while I would like to be "IN" , I am most likely "OUT". Oh SHOCK....smile. I'll give it a week or two and try to get over my disappointment.
Best Regards,

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Here's what I don't get though. People on here and the internet b!tching up a storm about the price....Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the 13-14 cars top out around $65-67K fully loaded? How was Ford supposed to stay any lower base MSRP considering they added a $25K transmission, newly developed engine, new and bigger SC, huge ass brakes, magnetic shocks all on a new chassis and even new body panels as well....
I just not sure what people expected but in my mind the pricing came in about where I imagined. You can't make chix salad from chix sh!t,
Because people memories get real short on logic when they want to complain about something. You see it all the time. That is all that needs to be said.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Why not sc a Bullitt or GT350? The 350 has forged internals and likely can make 750+ at the wheels safely with a lot of the same stuff. Unless it's an R you can do it cheaply, now and with a stick.
There's something to be said about OEM integration and durability standards.

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
Hello All...Newbie here from the South East. I have been lurking for quite some time and read most all of the GT500 posts daily Thank you to everyone for the invaluable shared information and insight. As for this post?.... In or out? I thought it would be a good time to share a story: I dropped into my local dealer last fall and told them I would like to purchase a new F150, a GT500 next year when available and a Bronco available 2 years out. Sure, the senior fellow said and was very supportive. I reminded him multiple times that I would only buy the first one if he would commit to the next two vehicles. Oh, of course. Not an issue. So well before Christmas I purchased the F150 .Sometime about February /March, I sent a follow up note and received a phone call to advise me, "well ….we have lots of interest and not sure about the GT500 availability.????" ( hmmm, here goes the back pedaling) I have kept in touch over the months and continually reminded the dealership of the commit on my part and that they also made a commit on their part. No contract, just a gentleman's agreement. I continue to send notes by email and texts to the sales managers' cell phone. It has become a game for me to see what the dealership will do. I believe that they will have more than 1 GT500 allocation (based on the dealers very large volume of sales). I have received mostly ( crickets/ silence) in return communication and followed up with I am still committed email Friday. IE: after pricing was announced. I dropped by to visit the sale manager and on the showroom floor is a beautiful GT3550R with a $15000 ADM for a market value adjustment. My guess is that while I would like to be "IN" , I am most likely "OUT". Oh SHOCK....smile. I'll give it a week or two and try to get over my disappointment.
Best Regards,
Dont give up looking... lotsa people would give a nut for those kinda problems :)

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hello All...Newbie here from the South East. I have been lurking for quite some time and read most all of the GT500 posts daily Thank you to everyone for the invaluable shared information and insight. As for this post?.... In or out? I thought it would be a good time to share a story: I dropped into my local dealer last fall and told them I would like to purchase a new F150, a GT500 next year when available and a Bronco available 2 years out. Sure, the senior fellow said and was very supportive. I reminded him multiple times that I would only buy the first one if he would commit to the next two vehicles. Oh, of course. Not an issue. So well before Christmas I purchased the F150 .Sometime about February /March, I sent a follow up note and received a phone call to advise me, "well ….we have lots of interest and not sure about the GT500 availability.????" ( hmmm, here goes the back pedaling) I have kept in touch over the months and continually reminded the dealership of the commit on my part and that they also made a commit on their part. No contract, just a gentleman's agreement. I continue to send notes by email and texts to the sales managers' cell phone. It has become a game for me to see what the dealership will do. I believe that they will have more than 1 GT500 allocation (based on the dealers very large volume of sales). I have received mostly ( crickets/ silence) in return communication and followed up with I am still committed email Friday. IE: after pricing was announced. I dropped by to visit the sales manager and on the showroom floor is a beautiful GT350R with a $15,000 ADM for a market value adjustment. My guess is that while I would like to be "IN" , I am most likely "OUT". Oh SHOCK....smile. I'll give it a week or two and try to get over my disappointment.
Best Regards,
I really hope that if the dealer doesn't keep his word you will post the specific dealer information on the internet. I think it would be a public service.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
When they offer a manual transmission...i will be in! Until then...i made my own GT500 for less than half the price
Out.

I'll turbo my '15 and pick up a Grand Sport.
Why not sc a Bullitt or GT350? The 350 has forged internals and likely can make 750+ at the wheels safely with a lot of the same stuff. Unless it's an R you can do it cheaply, now and with a stick.
I'm down but at MSRP on a base with short option list, vinyl stripes. If I have to wait a while then so be it. I'm mostly an older fat dude that's just gonna weekend use and probably never gonna track or drag the car. I'll spend more time washing and admiring the thing in my driveway than in seat time so it's not burning a hole in my wallet.

And here...we....go....

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And here...we....go....
I guess this is to imply that we were in the never buyers anyway club?
LOL if so because my position hasn't changed nor will it. Why would a guy who doesn't track his cars and is self admittedly a Cars & Coffee weekender drop 15-20 ADM.....Hell I never did on a GT350 because it would be plain foolish for a non track guy even though I spent as much on my 18 GT Vert than what you can pick up a non R for these days(62K)?

Hell my only complaint with the 2020 GT500 is that they don't make it in a convertible.

Nope I'll sit back and enjoy my 2009 700hp Shelby and 18 Vert until I get an MSRP deal on a base(non CFTP) car....but I damned sure won't use PRICE as an excuse not to buy one....

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Just ignore him, anybody not buying right now is a "poor"....

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Best Regards,
Typical as can be. Dealerships and honesty are on two completely different planets! Anything for a sale today is all most care about.

Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny thing is I've never ordered a car or boat despite owning dozens ...I just buy when it feels right. I guess some people call that emotion based buying but I do plenty of research and I don't let things like colors influence me a lot....it's either right or it's not...I'm sure I'll find the right deal sooner than later but the whole ordering process sucks IMO.
Nope I'll get my hands on one when the time is right and if one shows up at my local dealers I wouldn't doubt that I've got one before the "order" guys. BTW I wonder how many of the order guys have the words "REFUNDABLE" written on the deposit receipt. :)

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I suppose you are going to park it between your 458 Italia and your GT2 in the garage of your castle.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels