Sponsored

Are you in? Or are you out?

Ok, the dust has settled. Who's in or out?

• Total voters

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Cars with motors in the front, the motor is very close and the transmission next to your leg. That is close. With the Mid engine/trans all behind you the sound is behind you and going away somewhat. It will be interesting with the sound deadening properties GM has in place. It could be a screamer, but I like screamers, that's just me.
I owned a 1986 Pantera GT5-S for several years. It had 525HP. When my wife and I went crusing it was so LOUD we couldn't even carry on a conversation while driving. Screamer??? Yes, but also a nightmare on maintence and upkeep. I was glad when I sold it. And talk about decibals--You couldn't even imagine. LOL PS By the way it was definitely a mid-engine. If I recall they said it was a 351 Cleveland. I always assumed the engine was made in Cleveland, Ohio.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Here is my check list for a car.
1. Masculine appearance (Looks like a car that a man would drive)
2. V-8 supercharged engine kind of like Mad Max's V-8 interceptor.
3. Gobs of power and torque
4. Handles and brakes well enough that I don't scare myself when I drive the car.
5. Something special that not everyone on my block has.
6. Something that has gadgets and creature comfort but not over done.
7. Something I can get out of wearing jeans or dressed up and not look out of place.

GT500 fits all the items.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Here is my check list for a car.
1. Masculine appearance (Looks like a car that a man would drive)
2. V-8 supercharged engine kind of like Mad Max's V-8 interceptor.
3. Gobs of power and torque
4. Handles and brakes well enough that I don't scare myself when I drive the car.
5. Something special that not everyone on my block has.
6. Something that has gadgets and creature comfort but not over done.
7. Something I can get out of wearing jeans or dressed up and not look out of place.

GT500 fits all the items.
Nail on the head. That's the 500. Except that it will be a track monster. I didn't see that in your list

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I owned a 1986 Pantera GT5-S for several years. It had 525HP. When my wife and I went crusing it was so LOUD we couldn't even carry on a conversation while driving. Screamer??? Yes, but also a nightmare on maintence and upkeep. I was glad when I sold it. And talk about decibals--You couldn't even imagine. LOL PS By the way it was definitely a mid-engine. If I recall they said it was a 351 Cleveland. I always assumed the engine was made in Cleveland, Ohio.
The 351 Cleveland was far superior to the lessor 351 Windsor.
Sponsored