Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds to me like the Vodoo will go to the GT and the Predator without SC will go to the GT350. And 700+ with a dual clutch will be crazy quick. First dual clutch (and not the most reliable coming from an Audi owner) + new engine = me mot buying till next model year.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sounds to me like the Vodoo will go to the GT and the Predator without SC will go to the GT350. And 700+ with a dual clutch will be crazy quick. First dual clutch (and not the most reliable coming from an Audi owner) + new engine = me mot buying till next model year.
If they could actually cram a Voodoo into the Ford GT that would be an awesome package. I think the car would have to be redesigned though.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If they could actually cram a Voodoo into the Ford GT that would be an awesome package. I think the car would have to be redesigned though.
Oh really? I didn't even know there as a difference between the GT and GT350 engine compartment. Thought they were the same.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Regarding the Ford GT... a mid engine CPC? Plenty of exotics have done well with formula. Keep the turbos and holy moly things would get interesting.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
A DCT is going to shave major time off 0-60 runs. I think the touted mid 3 second 0-60 should be easily achieved.

Reactions: A7X

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Oh really? I didn't even know there as a difference between the GT and GT350 engine compartment. Thought they were the same.
He was talking about the Ford GT, not the Mustang GT.

The fact that they went with a V6 is the only thing that kept me from buying one.

And funds.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
A DCT is going to shave major time off 0-60 runs. I think the touted mid 3 second 0-60 should be easily achieved.
Mid 3 secs would be really disappointing. Hope their crazy conservative or you're just buying a name

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Mid 3 secs would be really disappointing. Hope their crazy conservative or you're just buying a name
It better be low 3s

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I dont know how much better they'll be able to do with that much weight and power.

Sponsored

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
The Voodoo will not be landing in the engine bay of the base Mustang. But a Boss 302, there is a possibility.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
My point is that they go out of their way to not say ZL1 1LE.
Iā€™d disagree.

It would be more going out of their way to include that one particular trim model. No need.

They said pony cars, which includes zl1, demon, hellcat, and various trims. They donā€™t have to cite various trims like 1le, red eye, etc.

Besides, if they did; theyā€™d just be giving a nod to the car. And thatā€™s not what theyā€™re trying to do. So they kept the focus on the 500 by mentioning pony cars as an all encompassing category, then a few specific mentions of cats recognized to be above said category. Thatā€™s plenty.

And letā€™s not forget, this is the ENGINE guy. So heā€™s talking engine and DCT, both of which are far superior to any camaro.

If it were the suspension guy, then maybe, perhaps, you MIGHT hear a specific model mentioned, but I doubt it.

Ford didnā€™t even do much talking about the old zl1 when the ā€˜13 came out. They just talked about being tops in the ā€œsegment.ā€

If they DID talk up zl1 1le model specific comparisons, it would sound like they aimed too low.

The way this was worded sounds like the 500 transcends the category rather than just trying to measure up to an also-ran.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
It better be low 3s
mid 3s is expected. DCTs are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G once moving, but getting them to launch is always tricky, ESPECIALLY on a rwd STREET tire.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
The Voodoo will not be landing in the engine bay of the base Mustang. But a Boss 302, there is a possibility.
Very unlikely for Mustang GT in general, but possibly specialty versions like a Boss. Voodoo and Predator are hand-assembled and tested. They would not be able meet GT volume demand from a hand-build shop. And the price would be way beyond GT pricing. Could make a lot of sense for Boss. Or Raptor.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If they DID talk up zl1 1le model specific comparisons, it would sound like they aimed too low.
It would be aiming way to low after doing some research I haven't been able to find any talk about a 7gen camaro this would seem to indicate that the car is dead and is just waiting to be terminated.
Sponsored