Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
another one bites the dust....no they are all not going to explode.. but the risk is there... too many to call it "rare" I would drive it like I stole it as long as the warranty is in place ... don't baby it and keep it in your garage putting 1k miles on a year.. next thing you know the warranty will be gone and you won't know if your engine is ok... and yes, check your oil.. but there are blown engines from guys who did a proper break in and checked their oil...

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
We don't know whether or not Tunnel Chaser broke his engine in properly or checked his oil regularly. Watch the video of the night he picks it up, its obvious he knows very little about the car he bought. He seems like a nice enough guy but.....

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We don't know whether or not Tunnel Chaser broke his engine in properly or checked his oil regularly. Watch the video of the night he picks it up, its obvious he knows very little about the car he bought. He seems like a nice enough guy but.....
Agreed...a lot of speculation around his situation. What bothers me is the guy who really knows his stuff, follows proper break in procedure, minds his oil and still ends up with a replacement engine.

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
I mean I’m not going to lie the main reason I got the one I did is because it have 4 miles on it when I found it. It got on the truck, off the truck, and parked in a showroom. So I know I did my own breakin, not the couple of people test driving it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So glad to hear that! therein lies the rub... if this "new" engine is bullet proof and you end up not burning any oil.. then what is the common denominator for the problems? Why can't Ford be honest about it and tell us what the difference is between the old engine that used oil or blew up and the new one?
How did you do in statistics class?

Every manufactured part has a thing called variation. That means that every single process applied to a part, casting, forging, machining, deburing, cleaning, etc. does not produce exactly the same results every time. The materials that make up the parts are not identical. The assembly process is not identical. If there are tens of thousands in the population, there are usually numerous different causes for failure, each with a different non-zero likelihood of occurrence. This type of variation is obviously present in all of the individual components within the engine as well.

So to try to be clear, it isn't as simple as you think.

And nothing is completely bullet proof. I have a coworker with a diesel pickup that had scoring of the engine bores with less than 50,000 miles on it. And there is a problem with the warranty replacement engine as well. Yes, that is anecdotal evidence - just like what we have on Voodoo engines.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
And nothing is completely bullet proof. I have a coworker with a diesel pickup that had scoring of the engine bores with less than 50,000 miles on it. And there is a problem with the warranty replacement engine as well. Yes, that is anecdotal evidence - just like what we have on Voodoo engines.
Just curious, what kind of diesel pickup?

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
What a pompous reply. How'd you do in denial class sparky? This board is littered with owners of GT350's where their engines have shit the bed. Anecdotal....wtf does Ford give you a reach around too. The evidence is undeniable at this point, which is why Ford is keeping it confidential. They're exposed otherwise.
You are wrong; I calculated statistically that the probability of an engine problem or oil consumption is 0.8%. So every 1 of the 100 cars coming out of the factory could have a problem.. so I would not freak out on it. Just drive it and enjoy it, if you have a problem deal with it then.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
I thought old Rapterrier had left... but he’s back!!!!

Aren’t we all so glad!!!!!!

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
You are wrong; I calculated statistically that the probability of an engine problem or oil consumption is 0.8%. So every 1 of the 100 cars coming out of the factory could have a problem.. so I would not freak out on it. Just drive it and enjoy it, if you have a problem deal with it then.
Ok man, there’s just no way that’s accurate. I’m guessing you’re counting all 20k owners like every single one is on some sort of social media?

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Ok man, there’s just no way that’s accurate. I’m guessing you’re counting all 20k owners like every single one is on some sort of social media?
I don't have time to look back into all the pages, but it was a best guesstimate considering how many reports of engine failures and high oil consumption we know of, which was multiplied by a factor (to cater for those who do not frequent mustang6g and such). This was divided by the total number of cars made in 3 years to date...
Ok, it was nowhere precise, but it gives you an idea of what's out there. Multiply my result by 2, and it still a non issue, just to give you a rough proportion of failures from the total population.

You don't have to believe me, heck I was just trying to help a new owner. Move over this post if you plan to disagree, I don't care sorry and I won't reply to this matter anymore, taken more time than it should already.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Rapterrier says to tell you that 98% of GT350 engines have blown up.
Haha

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
From your profile it looks like you have an automatic GT (LOL). If I were you... keep that unless you want to wake up with night sweats every night as a GT350 owner.
Auto is faster my dear fellow.
Manual cars are more fun overall but they are slower.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Ridiculous that current owners try to push these clapped out engines on owners not breaking the engines in properly or not checking the oil. These engines are freakin' turds.
This forum always attracts trolls but these fake GT350 owner trolls are even more amusing