Sponsored

2018-2019 Ford Performance Ecoboost Tune Released

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Man, my local Ford wants to charge $700 for the part and $150 for install. Seems kind of excessive. Maybe I’ll just order from somewhere else.
Sponsored

TurboStang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost MT, PP, 101A, Spoiler Delete
Www.levittownfordparts.com

1 x Ford Performance Mustang EcoBoost Performance Calibration (M-9603-M4C) = $402.50
Plus whatever UPS ground shipping costs to your local.
They threw in a Ford t shirt.
41AE6C76-7BA1-4BAD-8340-181B459ABD2D.jpeg

TurboStang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost MT, PP, 101A, Spoiler Delete
Man, my local Ford wants to charge $700 for the part and $150 for install. Seems kind of excessive. Maybe I’ll just order from somewhere else.
Anywhere from $100 to $150 is a reasonable labor charge from a dealership for installation.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Yeah, I was figuring the $150 was reasonable, but $700 for the kit itself seemed high. Thank you for the link. Saved me a decent chunk of change!

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
You don't want to disrupt any software install. Ever notice when windows is updating it says not to power off.

The ProCal software is smart enough to look at the battery voltage and won't even start the install if it thinks it could drop below a safe level during the install.

The 30ish times I flashed my 15 I never had a charger on the battery. It only takes 10 minutes or so to write the actual tune so the chances the battery voltage dropping below the limit the ECU shuts down is remote.

Sponsored

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
Anyone know how this compares to the Cobb stage 1?

Logan1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
You can compare the two advertised graphs to see the relative power gains but I would only reference the lines on the graph for comparison not the actual numbers because the cars, dynos, conditions, etc. are completely different.
Ford vs Cobb Stage 1 Dyno Comparison.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jules
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My 2016 Ecoboost with AirRaid cold air and Cobb tuner was awesome. With 295 Michelin Pilot tires I was pulling 0-60 in 4.9 secs in 70+ degree heat. You could really feel it. I also put on loudmouth no-mufflers and X pipe - but I didn't like the sound at all. Maybe just the X pipe. On YouTube there are stock Ecos running 12.9 with just a tune. Great thing with the Cobb - you can take the tune off when its dealer time and put it on unlimited times. Good Luck

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
My 2016 Ecoboost with AirRaid cold air and Cobb tuner was awesome. With 295 Michelin Pilot tires I was pulling 0-60 in 4.9 secs in 70+ degree heat. You could really feel it. I also put on loudmouth no-mufflers and X pipe - but I didn't like the sound at all. Maybe just the X pipe. On YouTube there are stock Ecos running 12.9 with just a tune. Great thing with the Cobb - you can take the tune off when its dealer time and put it on unlimited times. Good Luck
Ford and likely all manufacturers have built in security measures that can identify when a vehicle has been flashed/tuned. Even when flashing back to stock the computer knows so in reality there is no hiding it.

Reactions: Cxp

Luke007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jered
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
How does this tune effect the drive modes? Does each mode get reprogrammed by the tune?

Reactions: Cxp

Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
I've been told by my Cobb tuning house that the drive modes are available above the customer tune.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
How does this tune effect the drive modes? Does each mode get reprogrammed by the tune?
The tune adjusts the power by throttle position. So normal mode feels more responsive and sport mode feels aggressive.

StevePogo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible Premium Ecoboost
Did anyone successfully get this done and dyno’d? Or at least seat of pants response :)

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
Did anyone successfully get this done and dyno’d? Or at least seat of pants response :)
Tune is in for a week, 200 miles. Awesome improvement especially with the A10. No more jerky crap in D, smooth now, and S is impressive. Hesitation is reduced, this is what Ford should sell stock. More responsive, power drop at 5-6k not noticeable like before. ATM intercooler going in this Friday with Plugs, will reflash afterwards and then report back after 200 miles.

Note right after flash, since it’s in a fuel learning process, there is more power but timing is slow. As you drive more and more it starts waking up and around 200 miles, it’s quite nice. The stock EB is kinda like me at 7am with no coffee, post tune is like the 10am version of myself with 2 cups and ready to go.

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
I don’t think many people are going to be as lucky as me. I went to get my tune done my dealer, I had the filter in place, had Procal and my tune ready to go. Tech tried going in his route, no luck, tried my Mac and it went in right away. Get this, no charge and I got an invoice for install.
Sponsored

Last edited: