Sponsored

I dont know how you guys do it...

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Leave the traction control and stability control on. Dozens of passes in my car stock and after blower/headers on the stock Michelin PS4S tires with the fastest runs have ALWAYS been with the TC/SC on.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusten

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Lol. Sounds like you are in need of a driver mod.. And a towel

2 passes in a car at a track I've never been too. God forbid it takes a little seat time to learn a car.

OP
OP
Dusten

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Pot... Meet kettle...
Screenshot_20190314-173604_Chrome.jpg
Haha!

Yeah seat time is needed. I am decently experienced at drag racing, but had lousy results last year launching my 6 speed ‘17 GT last fall.

OP, I fully understand you. You are fortunate to have the GT as your daily and a more track oriented car, so I get it.

For me, I don’t have the ressources or space to add a race car for now, already have 4 cars at home, so I need to try and improve drag racing consitency of my GT and that would be with tires, bias-plys for me. But a good set of drag radials is all you would need to have fun with yours.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Don't give up bro. Grow a pair.. My wife can drive faster than you.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2 passes in a car at a track I've never been too. God forbid it takes a little seat time to learn a car.
But you said you were giving up on the mustang.. Why do you need more time?

And literally everyone here told you the problem and how to fix it. But you didn't like the answers.

Good day.

Last edited:

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Leave the traction control and stability control on. Dozens of passes in my car stock and after blower/headers on the stock Michelin PS4S tires with the fastest runs have ALWAYS been with the TC/SC on.
I have literally tried this and every time advanced trac kicked in and ruined the run, every single time.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I have literally tried this and every time advanced trac kicked in and ruined the run, every single time.
If you have much wheelspin, it should kick in if not turned off. If you have little to no wheelspin, it shouldn't matter. With drag radials, I don't bother to turn mine off since wheelspin is minimal.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
If you have much wheelspin, it should kick in if not turned off. If you have little to no wheelspin, it shouldn't matter. With drag radials, I don't bother to turn mine off since wheelspin is minimal.
I always turned it off. Going into 3rd gear no wheelspin, Adv Trac kicked in and pulled power, Adv Trac LOVES to turn back on during a run, last time at the track it kicked in as the tree was coming down, no wheel spin, just sitting there, I was able to turn it back off but got a 3 second reaction time because of it. With the new tune testing on the street shows it staying off now. During one test it hung going into 3rd and hit the limiter before shifting, hopefully this doesn't happen at the track.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I don't know why traction control or advance trac would make a difference if not spinning and when driving straight. These things seem to work in mysterious ways, sometimes. I can actually get quite a bit of wheelspin on the street before traction control kicks in.

I think there have been cases of cars hitting the rev limiter just prior to shifts and it feels much the same as traction control. Not saying that is what was happening to Loki-GT.

Sponsored

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
You also aren't on Michelin PS4S tires like the original poster and I are on. They're actually a really good tire.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
HaHaHa That was awesome man!!!.Good find lol

OP
OP
Dusten

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
Don't give up bro. Grow a pair.. My wife can drive faster than you.
Point? My buddies wife drives his low 9 second fox.
I have no desire to mod the car. Period

But you said you were giving up on the mustang.. Why do you need more time?

And literally everyone here told you the problem and how to fix it. But you didn't like the answers.

Good day.
and your reading comprehension sucks. I never once how to fix it. I asked how the cars that were stock were able to accomplish the times they are. See the difference?

the seat time comment is that with 2 runs, no car will achieve it's best times. If I were to pursue making this car a track toy, I'd need more seat time. Instead i'll continue to enjoy it as my DD and continue to play at the track with my truck.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I don't know why it shut down like that, but I think I'll stick to my lightning for straight line stuff.

Almost sounds like a question there. Hence people give you advice.
Not giving up the track. Just in the mustang.
But you wouldn't call that "giving up"?

I wouldn't call it giving up. I just dont mod my daily drivers. If the car is going to require mods to be somewhat trackable, I'll stick with my toys.

Yup.. I can't read for shit.. But cool man. Stick with what you know. Makes life easier.
Sponsored

Last edited: