unload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
2018-19 MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE MAGNERIDE HANDLING PACK
M-9602-M

Stock 2018 GT PP1

I am looking at upgrading many suspension components starting with MR springs & sway bar's. I wanted to see if anyone had any opinions or suggestions on the ford package in the subject vs. the stock PP1 stuff vs. any thrid part aftermarket options. In addition to this, i will also be looking at other wheel/hop/IRS improvements probably from steeda.

@Steeda feel free to reply in terms of how your MR lowering spring/sway bar package compares

https://lmr.com/item/M9602M/mustang-ford-performance-magneride-handling-pack-18-19

Will be adding power/ half shafts later,

My goals are really tighter handling, better launch, stiffer. I do not mind stiff.

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

Last edited:

MikeKonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2
I can’t speak to the ford performance package, but I went with BMR’s sph-765 handling springs on mine. Minimal drop (about .5”), noticeably firmer, but MR has no issue at all controlling it. I have a 9 month pregnant wife who doesn’t find the ride uncomfortable while in normal mode, which I think is pretty impressive. Very stiff in track mode - I think the rears are a linear 980lb/in rate. You’ll get more of a drop from the other spring options, but I believe spring rates are lower and/or progressive. All depends on what your preferences are.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
If thats the same FR Springs and Sways from the 15-17' Track suspension kit they are worth every penny. Minimal drop hardly noticable.

hipoxia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have it installed and gives a good handling improvement. Dropped about 1,5cm.

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Has anyone tried this and is it worth it? Does it essentially turn PP1 into PP2 minus tires?

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Has anyone tried this and is it worth it? Does it essentially turn PP1 into PP2 minus tires?
If I could just buy the controller I would. Not certain I want Ford racing springs and sways.

RPM Ottawa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
2018-19 MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE MAGNERIDE HANDLING PACK
M-9602-M

Stock 2018 GT PP1

I am looking at upgrading many suspension components starting with MR springs & sway bar's. I wanted to see if anyone had any opinions or suggestions on the ford package in the subject vs. the stock PP1 stuff vs. any thrid part aftermarket options. In addition to this, i will also be looking at other wheel/hop/IRS improvements probably from steeda.

@Steeda feel free to reply in terms of how your MR lowering spring/sway bar package compares

https://lmr.com/item/M9602M/mustang-ford-performance-magneride-handling-pack-18-19

Will be adding power/ half shafts later,

My goals are really tighter handling, better launch, stiffer. I do not mind stiff.

Thanks for your help!

I was shopping for a Bullitt (PP1 and Magneride) to replace the Focus RS, but found the Mustang ride too soft in track mode. It was 'not even close' to the handling performance of the RS. Called FP in Dearborne, and Steve (the guy who anwered the phone) was wonderful. He spoke with the suspension engineer responsible for Mustang suspension and had this reply:

I had a good discussion with Suspension Engineer.
He has driven both cars extensively and he understands your description of the difference between the RS and the stock Mustang.
He is adamant that with the M-9602-M suspension upgrade you will be completely satisfied. He compared the 19 Bullitt with our M-9602-M as being slightly better than our road race cars that do not have the MagneRide.

So, this may be a good choice for a suspension updgrade.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
really the software update is probably one of the key ingredients here. Chevy provides regular updates to their Corvette owners, surely Ford can manage to supply revised maps from time to time without unreasonable cost.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I just had this installed on my BULLITT. Sport+ and Track are noticably stiffer. Normal only feels a little stiffer. I like the stance too. Only a little lower than stock. I plan to compliment it with Steeda 4pt g-track and IRS braces.
IMG_20190606_072620.jpg

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
The second Ford sells the controler separately I'll be a buyer. Or HINT HINT, STEEDA, maybe you guys can make one??

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
DCS is going to make one for the 18+ GT like they do for the GT350.
Isn't their kit over a grand though and replaces the whole magneride controller? That's a little rich for me. I would much prefer a simple updated map that costs under $300

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Isn't their kit over a grand though and replaces the whole magneride controller? That's a little rich for me. I would much prefer a simple updated map that costs under $300
It is, but it's also the only one currently that allows the user to do a full custom tune.

Call up FP and see if there are any plans to release just the flash tune.