Ford Magneride Handling Pack M-9602-M vs. BMR Springs/Sways or Steeda Springs/Sways

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes & Chassis' started by cib24, Nov 13, 2019.

1. cib24

cib24 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
    0   0   0
    Currently debating between going for the Ford Performance setup primarily due to the Magneride flash, but wondering if the more cost effective option of springs and sways is good enough for the ocassional track day?

Are upgraded endlinks a necessity when installing beefier sway bars or are the stock ones good enough for a while?

Is a bumpsteer kit necessary for a 0.5" to 0.75" drop?

2. Schwerin

Schwerin Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang BULLITT
    0   0   0
    Do you have the Performance Pack? I think the endlinks may be included in that already.

The Ford Performance package is just Springs+bars and a tune. No one else offers a retune for the magneride yet, but its not "needed" at all.

3. kz

kz Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mustangs & F150
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Given I bent stock endlinks with BMR bar (which I think is smaller diameter than included in this package therefore less stiff), then yes - you absolutely need endlinks and I am not sure why they're not part of the package - it probably depends how hard you're going to drive it, but try it and you'll see - I can post a pic of stock one that's bent...