Modifying As-Built Data Guide

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
I need the forscan codes to enable the Track apps on my new Digital cluster (I installed into my 2015 GT w/ Perf pack).

I have everything working perfect, but lost the line lock, launch control, etc.
Anyone have those, please. I tried elsewhere, no one will send.
Sponsored

Wally-Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally-Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP 50AP
Is it possible to change trans gear ratios in forscan? Installed a tr3160 in my 5.0 and have a power loss in 4th gear. Ive only read about rear end ratio changes so far.
Sounds like the same kinda thing that happens when you change tire size in FORScan but don't run a PCM relearn.
The PCM is probably expecting to see certain values from either the trans sensor or the ABS sensors. Check for P codes.
And I agree that a tuning adjustment is most likely going to be your cure, not anything you can do with FORScan.
In my '15GT-PP, from the factory my speedo read ~ 4.5% slow. Pretty good difference $$$ wise when you target 79 in a 70 zone and you're actually doing 82.5 mph... All of this was verified by cell phone real time GPS MPH app ~@ 70 mph. (There is the parallax effect when reading the analog speedo, so eye view point was moved accordingly to view perpendicular to gauge.) The cell phone GPS value closely confirmed the previously observed odometer & highway mile markers low readings. The previously observed occasional small unmanned radar trailer, "Your Speed is ..." (usually flashing red for me I might add) also confirmed the speedometer ~4.5% low reading & and the new GPS data as accurate.

My setting for the tire size was NOT the 0726-12-01 0175 0858 556B for '15 GT-PP as built. Rear ratio correct @ 3.73 (0175) but the tire size was not correct for PP stock 275/40 - 19.

I changed the tire size value to the correct OEM as-built value and also put in the correct as built check sum. (0858 556B)
No issues.

Re-checked speedo accuracy by the same process and found it to read 0.4% fast. I tried a new tire size value to correct (0858 => 0856) The Speedo was spot on but I acquired the similar power loss as @Nghtshd88 but for me in 2nd gear ~@2500 RPM. Once I plowed thru it moving to higher RPM's power returned. This would also occur in 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th ~@2500 RPM. The car performed completely normal below 2500 and also at some point above 2500. I did not initially change the check sum, next changed it to something like 0000 or xxxx, don't remember the value used. The result was the same, power lost RPM region as before. I concluded the check sum error was the root cause. Returning to the OEM as-built values including check sum, yielded as before, no issues. (except 0.4% fast reading)

So I said, close enough. Now I'm thinking up upgrading wheels and tires which will need a correction since the proposed tire size will now put the speedo and odometer back into noticeable erroneous reading territory.

So thanks @Spart for confirming what I suspected was lacking in my process.
Is there someone/somewhere in these forums or elsewhere that details the FORScan PCM relearn process, how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Could anyone explain the difference between the drl changes on lines

Line 24 - Lights - DRL (Daytime Running Lights), allows you to control the Fog Lights (if you have 'em) to be activated as your DRLs through the Instrument Cluster (IPC), you must set all 4 lines to the right for this to work properly

Line 25 - Lights - DRL Options, Allow All DRL Choices

IbanezRG7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost PP
I did some searching but was unable to find what I was looking for.

Can anyone confirm if ForScan would work with an 18 EcoBoost base model to enable remote start? Then I suppose an OEM fob with remote start buttons could make it fully functional?

I’m seeing conflicting things online suggesting that these cars may already include whatever hardware necessary to have remote start and it’s just a matter of enabling it.

allenvertable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Convertable Mustang
Hello, I have a 2015 vert and when I open the roof, the speakers and sound system seems to swap to a different profile. I want to disable this audio distortion / change. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Sponsored

SuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Does anyone know the line code to enable the TPMS display for 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with 12" display.
I have gone thru all the threads and can not find any reference, Thanks

77Highboy77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Has anyone been able to enable Sport mode on the base model, non PP, Ecoboost? I've copied the as built data to mine from a PP car of the same year with the same options, but wasn't able to enable this. I do run into issues with the ABS module when I change those codes, I get a service now message for Advancetrac. I'm assuming there might be a different part somewhere that is specific to the PP cars, but I would assume that would be the ABS module, and I only see once part number for that.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
You mean you can't see them in Forscan?

Sponsored

Theisland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
I have a base 2015 Mustang GT Perrormance Pack.

I recently did the Sync 3 swap and was provided some data for programming the swap and enabling drive modes.

Now I'm missing 2 functions:
- gauge modes on the cluster no longer show engine stats as it did before: oil temp, air fuel ratio etc.
- the steering mode toggle no longer works

Can anyone help me regain these functions?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone here use an OBD2->HDMI or OBD2->USB hard cable rather than the wifi or Bluetooth ones suggested in OP?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I use the OBD2 —> usb one for the last couple of years and it works absolutely perfect.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone been able to enable Sport mode on the base model, non PP, Ecoboost? I've copied the as built data to mine from a PP car of the same year with the same options, but wasn't able to enable this. I do run into issues with the ABS module when I change those codes, I get a service now message for Advancetrac. I'm assuming there might be a different part somewhere that is specific to the PP cars, but I would assume that would be the ABS module, and I only see once part number for that.
Did you do a Sync 3 swap? Do you have the small 4" non touch screen? Reason being, sport mode / track mode etc is controlled by a toggle switch that is only present on the Premium bezel. I just did the SYNC 3 swap on my '17 base and after making changes, the modes do work on my V6 car.

77Highboy77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Did you do a Sync 3 swap? Do you have the small 4" non touch screen? Reason being, sport mode / track mode etc is controlled by a toggle switch that is only present on the Premium bezel. I just did the SYNC 3 swap on my '17 base and after making changes, the modes do work on my V6 car.
I haven't done the sync 3 upgrade, but the non-premium performance pack cars have a sport mode when you press the traction control button twice which is what I'm trying to turn on. I'll probably upgrade to sync 3 at some point down the road, but I'm trying to get the most features out of what I've got for now.
Sponsored