Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Great shots Bud. I can’t understand why so many people don’t like the looks of a convertible..... it’s a life style I guess. But our cars are gorgeous. Yours looks exceptional with the black accents. Enjoy your driving. Mine is having along winter map until April/May.
I think it has to do with the top up look. I am "ok" with the look of the top up but don't love it.... top down this is classic mustang and a killer look.
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I think it has to do with the top up look. I am "ok" with the look of the top up but don't love it.... top down this is classic mustang and a killer look.
Hey Lorne,

I do understand what you are saying, but I was never really drawn to any convertible of any make until the S550 version. For instance the corvette vert looks great with the top down. With it up the car looks like crap IMO. I understand it’s a very subjective thing, but I feel ours looks great either way.:rockon:
#lovemyvert
#hurryupspring

21B3BD0A-DDE6-4EDE-93E5-C1DD8E7C6066.jpeg.jpg
B52913F4-70B5-4DA6-A3C3-FEF923D91598.jpeg.jpg

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I also agree with what your saying, I didn't pull the roof down even when it was sunny:sun:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Lorne,

I do understand what you are saying, but I was never really drawn to any convertible of any make until the S550 version. For instance the corvette vert looks great with the top down. With it up the car looks like crap IMO. I understand it’s a very subjective thing, but I feel ours looks great either way.:rockon:
#lovemyvert
#hurryupspring

21B3BD0A-DDE6-4EDE-93E5-C1DD8E7C6066.jpeg.jpg
B52913F4-70B5-4DA6-A3C3-FEF923D91598.jpeg.jpg
You;ve got just the perfect amount of accents on yours and i'm usually not a fan of the side scoops but they just tie everything together for you! great looking vert!

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I agree with the top up/down look. I don't like the look of a soft top convertible. That's why I almost ended up in a BMW hard top. But with the top down it's a nice looking car.

I can drive it most of the year, but we end up with lots of raining so the top isn't always down.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
You;ve got just the perfect amount of accents on yours and i'm usually not a fan of the side scoops but they just tie everything together for you! great looking vert!
Thank you!!

Funny thing about those scoops...………...I an thinking about removing them again, but not sure. Some angles they look good, other angles.....not so much. But my wife likes them. There isn't much left to do for accents. I am pleased with it. Maybe white caliper covers. Few more under the hood things and DONE!!!! ha ha

Then time for an S650...………..:thumbsup:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I agree with the top up/down look. I don't like the look of a soft top convertible. That's why I almost ended up in a BMW hard top. But with the top down it's a nice looking car.

I can drive it most of the year, but we end up with lots of raining so the top isn't always down.
Naw Bud...……..your car looks good with the top up. The black roof contrasts the blue body perfectly....:rockon:

…………..and its interesting how your avatar has the top "Up" not "Down"...:)

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Good point, avatar changed!

MKMotorsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Convertible
Older pic and pardon the S197:
_IGP1637_zps69fa92bb.jpg

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
NEW YEAR'S EVE PROJECT"

No partying this year. I was able to spend the early part of New Year's Eve to using the lift at Phillips Automotive in order to paint my calipers.

I used the standard G@ epoxy as the base and brushed it on by hand. We had a hard time covering the rear calipers with a good covering coat, so we wound up spraying the final coats while slightly changing the color to less of a canary color. It's now a little bolder.

I chose the yellow just to be a little different from most of the cars I see locally.

Front Caliper (2).jpg

Please ignore the wet winter tires...I had a rare opportunity to wash the Mustang outside in January...so, I donned orange rubber gloves and went for it!! One slightly torn hose later, I had a clean Stang!

Also...as a reminder...if you have a vert without a PP suspension, you have the opportunity to upgrade your rear sway bar to the 21.7 mm size. When coupled with the standard front sway bar, it will reduce understeer. If interested, look under the Classifieds Suspension section.

Cropped Painted Calipers (2).jpg

CVCashmere

Tjking30

Threads
Reaction score
Website
thomasjking.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This is the photo that convinced me to switch from Magnetic to Deep Impact Blue, and with these wheels. I just love it. I do not remember who posted it in the DIB thread but it is my background on my computers and I am grateful to them!

Chris
tapatalk_1418331142730.jpg
That photo was taken at Road America in July of 2014. It’s not mine but I did take a shot of it at the time.
upload_2019-1-7_17-17-54.jpeg